NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Towards Hype and Hyperboles

logo.png

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20130611/index.html holy crap, it's silver... Normally it's Red or Blue. Hype!

You know Nintendo's getting serious when they use silver.

Rough translation from my translator friend, StreetsAhead

"Broadcast begins 11PM on Tuesday, June 11th

E3 2013 will begin on June 12 (Japan time) in Los Angeles.

Focusing on titles being displayed by Nintendo at E3, Company President Satoru Iwata will present information directly to you at home"

You know its close to E3 when we are getting hyped over a new sign. The guys over on Gaf are going nuts. :D

holy crap, it's silver... Normally it's Red or Blue. Hype!

You know Nintendo's getting serious when they use silver.

Great. Now I have to change our E3 graphics.

Im buzzing for this nintendo direct!!

I think most of us with the Wii U console are. This Direct could and should be the turning point for the console.

I've been dwelling a lot on Retro Studios's project, and I think I've figured out that there is a decent chance that it is a new take/'reboot' of an existing franchise, but there is also a similar chance that it is a completely new IP, but it can't be discounted that they might be doing Metroid Prime 4, which itself is only slightly more likely than a new Star Fox or F-Zero or Star Fox X F-Zero game, but ultimately there is the undeniable chance that they are doing StarTropics.

Problem now is that working it all out has spoiled any surprise for me.

Edited by D_prOdigy

I'll just leave these here.

E3 2013...

i-want-to-be-leaf.jpg

h79160C1D

I am ready to be leaf.

I've been dwelling a lot on Retro Studios's project, and I think I've figured out that there is a decent chance that it is a new take/'reboot' of an existing franchise, but there is also a similar chance that it is a completely new IP, but it can't be discounted that they might be doing Metroid Prime 4, which itself is only slightly more likely than a new Star Fox or F-Zero or Star Fox X F-Zero game, but ultimately there is the undeniable chance that they are doing StarTropics.

Problem now is that working it all out has spoiled any surprise for me.

...Unless it's Ice Climbers! ;)

I'll just leave these here.

E3 2013...

i-want-to-be-leaf.jpg

h79160C1D

I am ready to be leaf.

be0d88e03901d2cbd94b5cab7b90376ee98832fa.png

They really need to make a second Ice Climber game!!! Be perfect for the 3DS.

logo.png

b0e.gif

Nintendo's going all hardcore on us now guys!

They really need to make a second Ice Climber game!!! Be perfect for the 3DS.

Nah, make it for Wii U. 4 sets of Ice Climbers on the TV, with the gamepad player acting as a bastard Game Master, trying to bring down the mountain (blowing up bombs on the sides with the touch screen, sending enemies after players, breaking blocks underneath them, blowing gusts of wind to try and knock them off etc) before one of those 4 reach the top :)

Would be total madness! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Yes Reggie we'll subscribe to your youtube channel and just like the Let's Play videos line your pockets some more. This is the cynic in me but anytime I hear Reggie speak I want to punch him in the face and call him a big fat liar. You owe us big time this E3 Nintendo and I mean BIG!

Yes Reggie we'll subscribe to your youtube channel and just like the Let's Play videos line your pockets some more. This is the cynic in me but anytime I hear Reggie speak I want to punch him in the face and call him a big fat liar. You owe us big time this E3 Nintendo and I mean BIG!

Same here.

A part of me is really happy that Nintendo are just doing a ND during E3. That way I hopefully won't have to put up with is smug face.

Because it's wrong for companies to want to have a hand in people profiting from their intellectual property? The bastards...

It's not like they're preventing people making Let's Plays. They're preventing people profiting off of their IPs, just as COUNTLESS other developers have done already

Edited by Serebii

You'll still see his 'smug' face during all the E3 proceedings, for one he has an hour long interview with Geoff Keighley of Gametrailers during Tuesday. The saving grace is that Miyamoto will be joining them.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/06/gametrailers-e3-nintendo-power-hour-with-reggie-and-miyamoto/

I don't mind his banter with Geoff, purely because Geoff seems to asks the right questions and makes him sweat. :D

Clearly Miyamoto is there to make sure we get no more " ITS NOT THE SAME GAME " comments. :)

Oh God, when Geoff and Reggie are going at it, Miyamoto will be the awkward one out :laughing:

With the Xbox news, I'm certain I'll be getting a Wii U next year. I look forward to seeing all the games I'll be able to get with it.

I'd like to say I'm moving towards being on the same wavelength there @Cube but really, it is the 3rd party support that's stopping me from getting there. I'm aware that it'll have great first party titles but the notion of buying a Wii U just for those games (or any Nintendo console for that matter) is nonsensical. There needs to be stuff there to fill in the gaps between Nintendo's own releases.

I'm hoping that Nintendo can therefore show us that they will have strong 3rd party support to make me seriously consider picking up a Wii U towards the end of this year but a single 1 hour Nintendo Direct for E3 to cover both Wii U and 3DS news doesn't seem like it'll do that. Maybe they'll have a couple of "sizzle" reels but I honestly think they should have a separate ND and really make a fuss about how X titles is coming from this developer and Y titles is coming from them; to at least show that they understand the importance of 3rd party support.

Hell, throw in short ND promoting indie stuff on the eShops and they'd nail it.

That would be my hope for next week but given Nintendo's track record, I just can't see it happen or get hyped for what's to come. It's a sad day when you're more excited to see what Ubisoft have up their sleeves than the big 3 at E3.

I'd like to say I'm moving towards being on the same wavelength there @Cube but really, it is the 3rd party support that's stopping me from getting there. I'm aware that it'll have great first party titles but the notion of buying a Wii U just for those games (or any Nintendo console for that matter) is nonsensical. There needs to be stuff there to fill in the gaps between Nintendo's own releases.

I'm hoping that Nintendo can therefore show us that they will have strong 3rd party support to make me seriously consider picking up a Wii U towards the end of this year but a single 1 hour Nintendo Direct for E3 to cover both Wii U and 3DS news doesn't seem like it'll do that. Maybe they'll have a couple of "sizzle" reels but I honestly think they should have a separate ND and really make a fuss about how X titles is coming from this developer and Y titles is coming from them; to at least show that they understand the importance of 3rd party support.

That would be my hope for next week but given Nintendo's track record, I just can't see it happen or get hyped for what's to come. It's a sad day when you're more excited to see what Ubisoft have up their sleeves than the big 3 at E3.

Do note that in April, there was a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct, which had a couple of Wii U bits in.

Within 37 minutes, they covered 20 different pieces of software and features, all in decent detail.

1 hour is more than enough. Trust me :)

It's not a problem that Nintendo suffers from almost no third party support, it's a problem that Sony and MS have no Nintendo support AT ALL!! :indeed: