NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Towards Hype and Hyperboles

Here are a few ways I’d love Mario Kart to be inspired by Sonic Racing Transformed:

I think the next Mario Kart won't be simply inspired by Sonic Racing, it will be made by Sumo Digital in conjunction with both Nintendo and Sega, and have Sonic in it.

Either way, the next Mario Kart needs a proper "private lobby" system with voice chat (they can leave it out of random matches). Mario Kart 7's system was a big improvement, but still very outdated.

I think the next Mario Kart won't be simply inspired by Sonic Racing, it will be made by Sumo Digital in conjunction with both Nintendo and Sega, and have Sonic in it.

That is so not going to happen.

You just have to look at sales and reception of the respective games to see that Nintendo would not do that

Mario Kart 7's system was a big improvement, but still very outdated.

Mario Kart 7 was a lot of things, but its Communities feature was and is far from "outdated".

You just have to look at sales and reception of the respective games to see that Nintendo would not do that

It would be insane as giving a futuristic racing game to a Sega-related studio who makes tilting platform games.

It would be insane as giving a futuristic racing game to a Sega-related studio who makes tilting platform games.

To give a practically dead franchise which seldom broke the 3m mark to a company, sure.

To give one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, the most recent home console one which sold over 30 million units, a number that no other game can possibly imagine selling on a single console, to a company whose last game reviewed moderately and didn't break one million units sold across four formats? Ok, they should get right on that.

It makes ZERO business sense to do such a thing

Nintendo get a Mario Kart made cheaper. It wouldn't detract from sales a single bit. Mario Kart isn't the kind of game that sells based on developer and reviews. It sells because it's Mario Kart.

Nintendo get a Mario Kart made cheaper. It wouldn't detract from sales a single bit. Mario Kart isn't the kind of game that sells based on developer and reviews. It sells because it's Mario Kart.

Not if they damage the brand by releasing a mediocre game

Mario Kart 7 was a lot of things, but its Communities feature was and is far from "outdated".

Come on now, there isn't even a proper chat feature there. All you can communicate with between the races are ready-made phrases. In 2013. That's laughable.

Thus I'm really not expecting anything of the new Mario Kart. It will be the same old, same old with minimal improvements to the online structure. In other words, just your normal cash cow game. People criticise companies like EA and Activision all the time for putting out yearly sequels, yet Nintendo isn't really any better, now is it.

Come on now, there isn't even a proper chat feature there. All you can communicate with between the races are ready-made phrases. In 2013. That's laughable.

Thus I'm really not expecting anything of the new Mario Kart. It will be the same old, same old with minimal improvements to the online structure. In other words, just your normal cash cow game. People criticise companies like EA and Activision all the time for putting out yearly sequels, yet Nintendo isn't really any better, now is it.

Mario Kart games are one per console. CoD etc. are one per year.

Yes, Nintendo are much better in that regard

Yeah in all wiispects mate, those are the kind of features that'd be the norm on consoles, like, pfffff, .... half a decade ago (Mario Kart Wii).

Mind you, those ready-made phrases had charm lol. Perhaps they could remain alongside proper communication methods.... Just in the case of sendind quick messages during countdown to the commencement of the Gand Prix. :laughing:

Sony got lot of big boxes PS4 is in there and Wii U is in the Nintendo boxes

Oop just got one of those timed letters on letterbox, it COULD be AC related, but it COULD be e3 related too!! :)

That is so not going to happen.

You act as if Mario Kart has never been co-developed by outside studios before... (In fact it has actually happened twice! And that's not even counting the 3 Namco made Arcade titles!)

Given the proper guidance and support from EAD's staff and Hideki Konno himself, I think Sumo could do a great job on MK Wii U! It would also free up EAD's staff to work on other projects as well...

You act as if Mario Kart has never been co-developed by outside studios before... (In fact it has actually happened twice! And that's not even counting the 3 Namco made Arcade titles!)

Given the proper guidance and support from EAD's staff and Hideki Konno himself, I think Sumo could do a great job on MK Wii U! It would also free up EAD's staff to work on other projects as well...

Having Retro do the classic tracks isn't the same as "co-developing" really

Having Retro do the classic tracks isn't the same as "co-developing" really

They didn't just do the classic tracks. They also made around half of the character models (and their animation), designed and built the DKCR course and implemented other gameplay features that got used in EAD's tracks (go re-read the Iwata Asks and you'll see) It was most definitely a full collab job. Just because EAD made the base engine, doesn't mean that Retro were just an asset factory.

They didn't just do the classic tracks. They also made around half of the character models (and their animation), designed and built the DKCR course and implemented other gameplay features that got used in EAD's tracks (go re-read the Iwata Asks and you'll see) It was most definitely a full collab job. Just because EAD made the base engine, doesn't mean that Retro were just an asset factory.

My apologies. I was under the impression that they just did the classic tracks

Oop just got one of those timed letters on letterbox, it COULD be AC related, but it COULD be e3 related too!! :)

Hmmm. Might finally re-launch Letterbox then.

I've gotta prepare myself for the onslaught!

email_overload.jpg

Hmmm. Might finally re-launch Letterbox then.

I think it's more likely to be replaced by Miiverse.

I think it's more likely to be replaced by Miiverse.

Oh no, I meant that I'll launch/start-up Letterbox once more because I've hardly been using it this year (once or twice?).

I'm so hyped that in just a few days time we will know exactly what games are coming to the Wii U in the months ahead!

The thought of a new HD Mario Kart, new HD 3d Mario, Zelda goodness and loads and loads more before the year is out (hopefully!) is so welcome right now!

Time for the Wii U to shine! :D

Excited to see 3D Mario and any surprises Nintendo reveals. More E3 rumours are appearing online so may avoid the web until each press conference! See you all in Chat :)

Excited to see 3D Mario and any surprises Nintendo reveals. More E3 rumours are appearing online so may avoid the web until each press conference! See you all in Chat :)

Has anyone actually seen any ND spoilers at all? Not that I want to see them, but considering (I would presume) the presentation has been recorded, edited and is ready to go, I wondered if there may have been the odd leak here or there, especially with only two days to go!

I guess this is Nintendo though, I expect Hirsohi Yamauchi is perched above the nest containing the only copy of the ND, desperate for someone to just try and take a sneak peak at it...