NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Towards Hype and Hyperboles

when is it? tuesday? oh why isn't it monday :weep:

i hate being on the hype train,it takes so long getting to the destination

I'm surprised there's no 3DS Nintendo Direct scheduled though?

Has anyone actually seen any ND spoilers at all? Not that I want to see them, but considering (I would presume) the presentation has been recorded, edited and is ready to go, I wondered if there may have been the odd leak here or there, especially with only two days to go!

Emily Rogers tweeted this about an hour ago:

"I can't tease anything. But I would suggest paying closer attention to what people post on GAF. Things leak and you don't realize it."

I'm surprised there's no 3DS Nintendo Direct scheduled though?

There should be a 3DS Nintendo Direct aswell

Has anyone actually seen any ND spoilers at all? Not that I want to see them, but considering (I would presume) the presentation has been recorded, edited and is ready to go, I wondered if there may have been the odd leak here or there, especially with only two days to go!

Nintendo's Pikmin Ninjas got 'em.

They must do the ND recording/editing in house so it doesn't get leaked?

Nintendo kinda spoiled most of the announcements themselves anyway, we'll probably mostly be seeing stuff that was already announced in previous Nintendo Directs. Hoping for some new megatons, of course.

Nintendo's Pikmin Ninjas got 'em.

They must do the ND recording/editing in house so it doesn't get leaked?

Nintendo kinda spoiled most of the announcements themselves anyway, we'll probably mostly be seeing stuff that was already announced in previous Nintendo Directs. Hoping for some new megatons, of course.

Yeah, if Nintendo hadn't have announced that Mario, Mario Kart and Smash were in this, imagine the fangasming around the net when they're shown.

It's funny though, much of the MS and Sony conferences have leaked already. Nintendo is doing it in-house, in a better method (they can cover more in a 1 hour Direct than a 2 hour conference) and it should be awesome

It's funny though, much of the MS and Sony conferences have leaked already.

Do you have any links for these? There's a rumour that Microsoft are paying publishers to not mention PS4 games (so if they don't specifically mention an exclusive, it will be multiplatform), but that's about it.

How reliable is some guy who can't type?

Even so, that's just a few things for the Microsoft one. I'm confused why Microsoft would pay EA a sequel to a game with unspectacular ratings which wasn't a big seller.

Even so, that's just a few things for the Microsoft one. I'm confused why Microsoft would pay EA a sequel to a game with unspectacular ratings which wasn't a big seller.

Very much so. He types like that in order so he's not found out. He has proven himself on GAF countless times and all the admins there trust him.

Here's a translation http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62292821&postcount=205

He has a 100% perfect track record. Has been posting there for about 9 years now...

Also he did not mention that ME2 would be an Xbone exclusive, only that it would appear at the E3 conference... (in fact he mentioned earlier on that there's only 1 EA exclusive for Xbone and that's Titanfall - and that's only exclusive for 1 year, after which it comes to Playstation consoles)

Dead Rising 3 however IS an exclusive though. He mentioned that one a good few months back. It was originally multiplatform, but Microsoft managed to snap it up as an exclusive some few months ago.

Edited by Dcubed

Microsoft are clearly going to have a very strong showing. What's more, with some level of exclusivity for both COD, FIFA and other third party titles you can see they are preparing a serious arsenal for their launch. With such a large number of first party exclusives and a growing list of third party exclusives the XBO should have a strong launch.

To gamers who know what's going on, the Xbox conference is going to be a colossal mess. The mass media will suck it up.

Hopefully plenty of papers will get wind if the console's problems. My dad (who doesn't follow games) mentioned to me how the new Xbox sounded terrible due to the used game and 24 hour requirements - without used games to pad out the collection, they would be able to afford so few games for their kids that the console would be utterly pointless.

To gamers who know what's going on, the Xbox conference is going to be a colossal mess. The mass media will suck it up.

Hopefully plenty of papers will get wind if the console's problems. My dad (who doesn't follow games) mentioned to me how the new Xbox sounded terrible due to the used game and 24 hour requirements - without used games to pad out the collection, they would be able to afford so few games for their kids that the console would be utterly pointless.

yeah i've had a few casual gamer type friends of mine bring up the xbone and the used game restrictions and the account things and they weren't pleased admittedly they are the types to have both 360 and ps3, but they've said they won't be getting a xbone now.

even the xbox fan boys on my facebook have gone deathly quiet of late, i've posted lots of articles about the xbone problems and not a single one has commented, yet after the unveil and i slated it they were all lightning quick to defend it

fair weather fanboys it seems

Many mainstream places have run pieces about it of late, especially after Microsoft posted their "final" plans the other day, to remove "confusion"

With this Prism/NSA thing happening too, Microsoft have really be caught in the open.

With them being about 6 months behind schedule, their E3 will probably look better than the actual reality of their situation.

@mokong you said in the official post that the conference is at 5pm when it is 3pm! Sort your life out :)

That's some other language. I gave up after the first line.

Translated by someone of GAF

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

:hmm:

To Sony Fanboys who hate everything MS does, the Xbox conference is going to be a colossal mess. The mass media who MS will obviously have paid off will suck it up.

The XBO conference will no doubt have some very good stuff on show. To deny this would be crazy.

As they are no doubt going to show off new first party and third party exclusives that may well include Halo, Titanfall, Mirrors Edge, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Forza, Fable and possibly include new IPs and a new Rare title there should be plenty of decent games on show.

The show will only be a 'colossal mess' if they spent huge portions of it speculating about 'the cloud' and shaking a large stick at the cameras whilst telling gamers who buy second hand games that they are scum. But I'm guessing that won't be the focus of the conference!

As MS did the whole technical breakdown and OS functions bit at their reveal conference, it logically gives them more time to focus on games. MS have also been very open about their system. Sony on the other hand have to cover all that within their conference - which is a two hour long affair and is probably that length because a lot of non-gaming issues will be covered.

Overall I'm sure there will high and low points from all of the 'big three'.