NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Towards Hype and Hyperboles

I think the whole "treating Xbox One owners as criminals" thing relates more to Xbox fans.

Last minute thoughts

- that guy who said he's working on his crowning achievement with Retro. This to me 99% shows he's working on an existing IP. So Retro showing Metroid Prime 4 or Starfox is highly likely. I'm going to say Starfox

- with every sports games maker abandoning the wii u. I think it's essential, absolutely ESSENTIAL (capitols, I mean it!!) that Nintendo release Wii Sports Wii U this christmas to give sports fans SOMETHING.

- Nintendo need to have a few 3rd party surprises. Even juts having GTA5 classes as this, not necessarily exclusives. But I think it would be good for them to pull out another Bayonetta. Maybe encourage Capcom to do Zack and Wicki 2, Nintendo surely have given Sega a franchise for them to get the sonic games exclusive? I don't know, but stronger relationships with 3rd parties, in whatever way would be good to build some confidence in this area.

- I really hope Nintendo didn't shoot their load by announcing Mario , Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Hope that isn't it! It'd be an amazing showing, but slightly disappointing. People love surprises!

Is any of the site's staff going to E3?

:laughing:

Only if Nintendo is paying...

... in other words, no.

But I shall be watching the Nintendo Direct at 3PM tomorrow for certain and we have a good few extra site staff for E3 so we have it covered. : peace:

Guys, if you want to slag off the Xbox One (and really, who doesn't?) let's do it in the Xbox thread.

...because otherwise your'e splitting my efforts of outrage.

On topic...not sure what else I want from Nintendo other than a 2D Metroid on the 3DS.

:grin:

Top youtube comment:

"Wow, Nintendo was even doomed in 1990."

Wish list for tomorrow -

- A decent amount of Smash Bros hype

- New Mario, Zelda of course

- Dates for account based eShop purchases/Miiverse.

- Customisation in Pokemon X/Y beyond simple colour palette swaps

- Some 3DS Metroid love. The fanbase totally deserves it

Unlikely hopes:

- A better solution to the second slidepad requirement for 3DS titles

- 3DS/Wii U cross-buy/play virtual console titles

- A couple of limited time availability demos of the games they're making available on the show floor

In fact, it's bizarre that we don't currently get some of the show demos in this day and age. I guess that would render the show pointless, but it could also fit with Nintendo's new stance on their E3 presence.

- A couple of limited time availability demos of the games they're making available on the show floor

It's a shame that the Best Buy demos are only in America.

This very much. :(

Last minute thoughts

- that guy who said he's working on his crowning achievement with Retro. This to me 99% shows he's working on an existing IP. So Retro showing Metroid Prime 4 or Starfox is highly likely. I'm going to say Starfox

- with every sports games maker abandoning the wii u. I think it's essential, absolutely ESSENTIAL (capitols, I mean it!!) that Nintendo release Wii Sports Wii U this christmas to give sports fans SOMETHING.

- Nintendo need to have a few 3rd party surprises. Even juts having GTA5 classes as this, not necessarily exclusives. But I think it would be good for them to pull out another Bayonetta. Maybe encourage Capcom to do Zack and Wicki 2, Nintendo surely have given Sega a franchise for them to get the sonic games exclusive? I don't know, but stronger relationships with 3rd parties, in whatever way would be good to build some confidence in this area.

- I really hope Nintendo didn't shoot their load by announcing Mario , Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Hope that isn't it! It'd be an amazing showing, but slightly disappointing. People love surprises!

Please no Starfox. I'd rather nearly any other Nintendo IP than this. Metroid, a proper balance between Prime and Other M would be ideal.

No Wii U Sports either. Wii Golf isn't even a speck of dust compared to Tiger Woods. The same goes for nearly all the sports bar maybe bowling.

Zack & Wiki while yes a good game is not a system seller.

Retro is developing an RTS game called Toad's Mushroom Kingdoms. It has some similairities with Little Kings Story, Minecraft and SIM City.

You control different Toad workers and build your own Mushroom Kingdom while keeping all your villagers happy and occupied. All known Mario characters will make an appearance.

One has to keep dreaming, right? ;)

Toad actually deserves his own franchise after more than two decades...

It's not a problem that Nintendo suffers from almost no third party support, it's a problem that Sony and MS have no Nintendo support AT ALL!!

Gold! I FOUND GOLD!!! My life will change forever! I can feed my children, my wife can get a new dress, I can buy myself a raincoat...

*cancels Wii U (Wii On Steroids?) pre-order with a badass/traitor attitude and adds XBOXONE to watchlist. Also drinks coffee to pull an all-nighter to watch Sony's conference to see if it's neccesary to add another item to watchlist*

I would like Wii Sports U

Problem with that is it's a poor jack of all trades and most definitely a master of none.

Problem with that is it's a poor jack of all trades and most definitely a master of none.

I can't think of a better bowling game for the Wii than the one that came with WiiSports.

Boxing, aside from Punchout!!, there wasn't much there either. Tennis and Golf were only better with Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis and they used MotionPlus.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I can't think of a better bowling game for the Wii than the one that came with WiiSports.

Boxing, aside from Punchout!!, there wasn't much there either. Tennis and Golf were only better with Tiger Woods and Gran Slam Tennis and they used MotionPlus.

I agree bowling was great, I did mention that in an earlier post. The rest, meh!

I agree bowling was great, I did mention that in an earlier post. The rest, meh!

The tennis was great fun. Ok, you didn't have control over your character's movements, but with 2 or more people it was awesome. Especially at the time. Everyone who played it has at least one fantastic memory of that, I guarantee it. It's not meant to be the same as Grand Slam Tennis, or anything of that sort. It's much more pick up and play.

Boxing was hit and miss, but it was also good fun. The only "meh" game in that package was baseball, which was just shite.

The only "meh" game in that package was baseball, which was just shite.

no way I played the shit out of baseball it was my favourite game :D

I was fascinated with how they got the bat to look like it was wiggling 1:1 on Baseball.

That was about it. Really annoyed me against the harder AI.