NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Rs84yea.jpg

That had better not be sarcastic, I've already gone and made an angry post on Miiverse complaining about the lack of the e-Reader levels in Europe and I want to be made to look stupid here!!!

That had better not be sarcastic, I've already gone and made an angry post on Miiverse complaining about the lack of the e-Reader levels in Europe and I want to be made to look stupid here!!!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Guess i'm buying it then. That's my night sorted. :)

WVW69i-tZsofSLM-w-

Took this :)

YEEESSSSSS!!!! I am SO glad to be made to look stupid in this case! :D

Why the hell didn't they mention it before!? WTF is wrong with them!?

How the hell did the eReader levels not got mentioned in the press release OR the trailer!? How does this even happen!? It's THE big selling point of this release! 38 brand spanking new levels!!! There are clearly some incredibly braindead people working at NOE!!

Money has been well earned from me here! I finally get to play the JPN only levels! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

Why was anyone even worried?

@Dcubed, you actually jumped on to Miiverse before the game came out and complained?

I can't believe I'm saying this. But for this day, you're a Miiverse Dope!

Now remember, Final Fantasy 4 came out before Bravely Default, Rosalina existed before Frozen's Elza and don't worry, I won't make any jokes, you wouldn't get them anyway.

Edited by Glen-i

I feel the worry was justified.

1. We never got these levels in the first place.

2. NoA actually said that they were getting the eReader levels when they announced the game was coming to the VC.

3. Seeing as we never originally got them you would have thought NoE would have been shouting from the rooftops that they were included in this release, but they didn't.

Great they made it in. Not so great in that this means I'm probably gonna buy them now. March expenses... intensify.

1. We never got these levels in the first place.

2. NoA actually said that they were getting the eReader levels when they announced the game was coming to the VC.

3. Seeing as we never originally got them you would have thought NoE would have been shouting from the rooftops that they were included in this release, but they didn't.

America never got the Japan-only levels, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that first point.

The other 2 are fair enough, but seeing how NOA/NOJ has put the effort in to modify the ROM to include them, I don't see why NOE wouldn't follow suit. I'm sure they just asked what NOA did and just copied them, provided they weren't just flat-out told to do so.

America never got the Japan-only levels, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that first point.

The other 2 are fair enough, but seeing how NOA/NOJ has put the effort in to modify the ROM to include them, I don't see why NOE wouldn't follow suit. I'm sure they just asked what NOA did and just copied them, provided they weren't just flat-out told to do so.

I think it's pretty clear what my point was. We didn't get them then, so it doesn't mean we would have got them now.

Yeah, the US got the Japan only stuff but considering just how weird the releases are between regions when it comes to the VC, who knows what version we could have ended up with. The US gets 60hz games, so why don't we get the same ROMs get dumped over here, as well?

I think it's pretty clear what my point was. We didn't get them then, so it doesn't mean we would have got them now.

Yeah, the US got the Japan only stuff but considering just how weird the releases are between regions when it comes to the VC, who knows what version we could have ended up with. The US gets 60hz games, so why don't we get the same ROMs get dumped over here, as well?

Because of the language options. If a game is text-heavy, then they use the version that has multiple languages.

Because of the language options. If a game is text-heavy, then they use the version that has multiple languages.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is classed as text heavy? :heh:

I'm not going to argue the point anymore, i'm just happy we finally get the Mario 3 eReader levels.

The press release made no mention of the eReader levels and the trailer went out of its way to avoid showing anything from World e whatsoever...

@Dcubed, you actually jumped on to Miiverse before the game came out and complained?

I can't believe I'm saying this. But for this day, you're a Miiverse Dope!

Now remember, Final Fantasy 4 came out before Bravely Default, Rosalina existed before Frozen's Elza and don't worry, I won't make any jokes, you wouldn't get them anyway.

Ha ha! I'll try not to stoop to THAT level, but in this case, I'm glad to be a Miiverse dope this time :p

Oh don't get me started on DKC 2... You know as well as I do that the US version actually does include multi-language support...

After being on Mario Maker for so long, the shift in mechanics has thrown me a bit

The worry, maybe. The complaining/attacks before we had any sort of confirmation wasn't.

NoE have actually handled the VC way better than NoA*, we've got more games released and got them way earlier in most cases.

The omission from the PR was pretty odd, though they did sort of hint at it.

*Ignoring the 50hz issue, but at least they fixed it for the N3DS VC.

Edit: This is why we sometimes get the 50hz version:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
Edited by Ike

Well I'd best get downloading then! :D

Today is a good day, thank you NOE! :)

I now retract all that was said earlier...

...until the next time. ;)

Anyway, yay! e-Reader levels get! :bouncy:

I decided to play through the normal game first and have just finished it now.

Fantastic game that hasn't aged a day. I still despise world 7, though. Hated it in my youth and still hate it now. :D

I've had a quick go of the eReader levels and ones I played looked great. Looks like there's plenty to do, as well. Finishing with both brothers and finding all the coins should keep me busy.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I ended up finishing the first set of eReader levels before going to bed last night. I love hunting down the coins.

Man, I love a good 2D Nintendo platformer. I wasn't really fussed about getting any of the other Mario games on the VC yesterday but I may pick up Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2 after i've finished with this one. It's been a while since I played through the original game and the GBA version has some nice added extras to hunt down.

I was trying to hold off purchasing anything off the eShop until the My Nintendo thingy came into play. I figured I would hold back and then hopefully get some points for my purchases. Releasing these games and then putting them on offer was a sly move, Nintendo. :D

@Hero\-of\-Time what differences are there between the Mario Advance games to the originals on the NES/SNES

@Hero\-of\-Time what differences are there between the Mario Advance games to the originals on the NES/SNES

There's a bunch of changes and tweaks to each of the games. Stuff like better character models, voices, new challenges, being able to play as Luigi, Mario Advance even has a new boss fight.

If you haven't played the original games in a while I highly recommend giving the GBA games a go.

I played through Super Mario Advance tonight.

Great game! I've always liked this game and feel it gets an unfair amount of criticism from many gamers. It may be very different for the other Mario games but I feel that's what makes it so special. It's very much same situation as The Adventures of Link. Honestly, I wish Nintendo would step out of certain comfort zones and do more crazy stuff like this with their 2D Mario games.

I have to say, I'm having a cracking time on Super Mario Advance 2. I've played the SNES version countless times but always avoided the GBA conversion as many said it wasnt that good. I'm happy to find this isn't the case. Trying to find all 5 of the Yoshi coins has proved to be stupidly fun and has gave the game some legs.

I've just finished world 3, as well as finishing off Star Road. Loving it.

Oh yeah! I forgot that they added extra Yoshi Coins (and a coin collection tracker) to this version! It's a nice little extra that encourages a bit more exploration :)

Too bad the music still sounds terrible in this version and they've made it substantially easier overall :p (it is fun to use Luigi's crazy floaty jump to break he levels though :laughing: )

Still, we have both versions on the VC, so everyone wins :)

And the recently released Mario trilogy is complete. 3 Mario games in 3 days. :)

Well happy with this version of the game. Its a great conversion and reinforces my opinion that Super Mario World is still the King when it comes to 2D Mario games.

I do have one issue with this version of the game. When playing this on the SNES or Virtual Console I ALWAYS spit out a key just as the keyhole is closing, when I have Yoshi in tow. This version doesn't allow it for some reason. It's such a small thing but it really bummed me out! :D