NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Is the Pro Controller supported (Wii U)?

Nope, the game uses the Wii Remote's pointer.

Also, unless you have at least 1 friend to play with, the game gets a tad boring and repetitive.

Also, unless you have at least 1 friend to play with, the game gets a tad boring and repetitive.

Yeah, this is true. It's a cracking multiplayer game, but I can't recommend it unless you have friends to play with, because the single player isn't really anything special (used to have online play, but of course the Nintendo WiFi Connection service has been shut down now, so naturally, online play is no longer available sadly).

I have a nephew who studies here and lives with us, but we sold the Wii, so we don't have the wiimotes anymore.

Mario Slam Basketball for DS VC this week.

Can't help but feel that it's a bit pointless without the multiplayer, but at least it's technically another Square Enix game this week!

It is ridiculous releasing these multiplayer or online focussed games.... Why not just hold off until NX and hopefully that can actually support multiplayer in VCgames.

out at least it's technically another Square Enix game this week!

... That was published by Nintendo, I don't think it's worth reading much into this.

Some of these releases seem very bizarre but then hey, that's Nintendo :p I really hope they release Elite Beat Agents on VC one day but I'm guessing with licensing and shit it's probably not worth their time.

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34785-vcweekly375sidebanner.jpg

Pokémon Red Version

Pokémon Blue Version

Pokémon Yellow Version

Pokémon Ranger

Pokémon! Gotta review 'em all! ;)

Check inside for the verdicts.

Enjoy!

: peace:

It is ridiculous releasing these multiplayer or online focussed games.... Why not just hold off until NX and hopefully that can actually support multiplayer in VCgames.

What makes you think it suddenly would be on NX>?

Well with Pokemon RBY now supporting it for GB/GBC games, perhaps they can leverage that codebase going forward for GB/GBC/GBA?

And going forward is the key word here. New start, new chance for features etc.

Because it's ridiculous you can't do it now, so surely they won't make the same stupid mistake twice #naive

Well with Pokemon RBY now supporting it for GB/GBC games, perhaps they can leverage that codebase going forward for GB/GBC/GBA?

And going forward is the key word here. New start, new chance for features etc.

Games have done it. Contra does it on 3DS, only one person needs the game too! Me and @david\.dakota played it.... But gave up because it was too hard for him.

Games have done it. Contra does it on 3DS, only one person needs the game too! Me and @david\.dakota played it.... But gave up because it was too hard for him.

To be fair, getting GB/GBC/GBA games to work in multiplayer wirelessly is an entirely different and much more challenging task than getting NES/SNES to work over wireless.

The former has to emulate the link cable (which has no way of accounting for data loss; think about what happens when a link cable is unplugged...), while the latter just sends button presses over (miss a button input? No big deal, the game carries on).

Because it's ridiculous you can't do it now, so surely they won't make the same stupid mistake twice #naive

But it's a DS game on the Wii U. How could it be done?

Link to other Wii Us/DS'/3DS' wirelessly. Simple enough to do; the games already support it natively anyway (granted I'm trivialising it a bit, but the Wii U is already capable of linking to DS consoles in Wii Mode, so they should be able to reuse a lot of that code - either way, it's a hell of a lot easier than getting GB/GBC/GBA link cable emulation to work!)

But they'll have more incentive to do it on NX anyway, what with the games being playable on both home and handheld consoles...

Edited by Dcubed

What DCubed said. And one on the tele one on the gamepad? Also, it's a problem across all their games not just DS. NX better have multiplayer on handheld games that was my main point. And I think they will.

So I watched Kyle Bosman stream 2 hours of PokePark...

This game did the Skyward Sword art style long before Skyward Sword!! I am not kidding. The game holds up visually. It has almost identical trees (that tree on the left!) and some very similar textures such as foliage and path edges. I was quite shocked

300px-Meadow_zone.png300px-Pokepark_entrance.png

Running about the world also made me long for that Pokémon game.

Edited by Retro_Link

Pokepark is a decent little game. A bit on the repetitive side (OK, maybe more than a bit), but surprisingly good fun in short bursts.

The sequel is a fair bit better all round though. Certainly worth a play :)

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34791-vcweekly376sidebanner.jpg

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

EarthBound

Super Mario World

Advance Wars on the big screen...

...and SNES classics on the go!

Check inside for the verdicts.

Enjoy!

: peace:

Hate to be that "Super Nerdy Guy" @S\.C\.G. That's a lie. But there is another RPG that has catching a cold as a status effect.

180px-Sickstatus.png

Bowser's Inside Story

It literally does exactly the same thing as in EarthBound.

Great reads though! You really love Dual Strike, huh?

Well played @Glen\-i ;) though I must admit that I've never *owned or played Bowser's Inside Story so I was unaware of this, still EarthBound has got to be the first at least to have this status effect... right? Let's at least give it that. :)

*More to the point, have you owned it? Or was it mooched from Dcubed? Huh? huh? huh? Completely irrelevant but I feel like I need to know. :p

Thanks for the feedback, I certainly do love Advance Wars: Dual Strike! :D

For me personally it's one of the best entries in the series, though really it's hard to find any real fault with any of them, though the original GBA titles still have a special place in some of my fondest gaming memories. : peace:

Come on Intelligent Systems... make your next game a new Advance Wars title because as much as I love Fire Emblem, it has been too long.

Well played @Glen\-i ;) though I must admit that I've never *owned or played Bowser's Inside Story so I was unaware of this, still EarthBound has got to be the first at least to have this status effect... right? Let's at least give it that. :)

*More to the point, have you owned it? Or was it mooched from Dcubed? Huh? huh? huh? Completely irrelevant but I feel like I need to know. :p

Oh yeah, EarthBound was definitely the first to do it, along with a whole load of other stuff. (No, seriously. Why hasn't the Rolling HP Meter been ripped off yet? It's a brilliant mechanic!)

Although, if you're really being picky, EarthBound Beginnings did colds first, but it's the same series, so who cares?

Bowser's Inside Story is probably the most liked Mario & Luigi game by fans. And for good reason. It's definitely the one I'd use to introduce someone to the series. It also has some of the best sprite work you'll ever see on the DS. And most of it is Bowser.

bowser_pawnch_by_shadowsmasher.gif

I'm sure it'll come out on the WiiU VC sooner or later. The first two games are there, so it just makes sense. I recommend giving it a go.

Of course, you probably will for the purposes of review anyway.

Oh, and I do own my own copy. And I'll probably download the eventual WiiU VC version despite that.

This week:

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Wait, they're releasing Pokemon Ranger 2 and 3 in the same week!?

Ohhhhhhkkkaaayyy.... Bit weird, but nice still :)

At least it's not another dead week!

Edited by Dcubed

This week:

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Wait, they're releasing Pokemon Ranger 2 and 3 in the same week!?

Ohhhhhhkkkaaayyy.... Bit weird, but nice still :)

At least it's not another dead week!

*sigh*

Well, at least it gets the suffering over with in one go. :heh: