Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia

Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs

Kirby's Dream Course

Pokémon circling...

...and a round of Golf with Kirby!

Check inside for the verdicts.

Enjoy!

: peace:

Just thinking about the RSI you must've developed from those games makes my wrists hurt :p

On the other hand, you must be a beast at drawing Kirby now!

YTMYPgh.gif

Edited by Dcubed

Thanks for the reviews, @S\.C\.G, although I disagree that they shouldn't be anymore. I love the series to bits and have been after a 4th entry for years now. :(

It just so happens that i'm on playing the first Pokemon Ranger game, myself. I forgot just how much fun they were and have really enjoyed playing it again. I spent a bit of time grinding ( not that you need to but I enjoys it ) in Fall City as there are a couple of Ludicolo kicking about that offer a great amount of exp, especially if you do a double capture. I then cleared the sewers of Grimers, before I had to get ready and come to work. :mad:

Anyone know why the sequels are cheaper than the original game? I had to pay top e-Dollar for the first game, yet the other two are priced a couple of quid cheaper. Not that i'm complaining, just wondering what the reasoning behind this is?

Thanks for the reviews, @S\.C\.G, although I disagree that they shouldn't be anymore. I love the series to bits and have been after a 4th entry for years now. :(

It just so happens that i'm on playing the first Pokemon Ranger game, myself. I forgot just how much fun they were and have really enjoyed playing it again. I spent a bit of time grinding ( not that you need to but I enjoys it ) in Fall City as there are a couple of Ludicolo kicking about that offer a great amount of exp, especially if you do a double capture. I then cleared the sewers of Grimers, before I had to get ready and come to work. :mad:

Anyone know why the sequels are cheaper than the original game? I had to pay top e-Dollar for the first game, yet the other two are priced a couple of quid cheaper. Not that i'm complaining, just wondering what the reasoning behind this is?

You're most welcome :) though don't mind me saying that there shouldn't be any more in the series, I'm only half-serious and I do end the second review stating that maybe the series isn't so bad afterall. ;)

It stems from me becoming rather burnt out on the series from playing them on the Nintendo DS as I did buy them all and played them when I was in a huge "must play these Pokémon titles!" kind of phase, I ended up playing Ranger titles back to back... :hmm: I've since sold them as well - perhaps I should have waited until recently to cash-in - but I still have the memories.

Also I have loads of other games to play, so it just leaves me thinking about all the other adventure based titles I could be playing so it's partly that as well. Though if they were to make another Pokémon Ranger title I would argue that there is plenty they could change to make the experience better, for instance with the selection of creatures start having ones that either haven't featured or that are less obvious choices in addition to having some well established favourites of course, more like Ukulele Pichu for starters... an Ocarina Kecleon perhaps? :wink: @Glen\-i

Other changes I would make, how about taking inspiration from the mainline games, perhaps even have you visit past towns in some bizarre plot involving Time & Space... you could even rope in some Diamond & Pearl creatures for plot purposes. Clearly concepts which would work well in 3D as well, through in a few more puzzles, plenty of mini-games to give you something else to do and make as much of the dialogue as fun as possible. :grin:

Damn... now I kind of want a new entry in the series as well :blush: watch it happen tomorrow in the Direct, we'll have to take full blame if it happens now! :p

As for the cheaper prices... ::shrug: perhaps the first one was more difficult to translate for some reason? Or it could be to do with the fact that the later games both had Nintendo Wi-Fi functionality which isn't present now for obvious reasons so maybe it's a discount for that perhaps... that's my guess and I'm sticking to it. :grin:

Though if they were to make another Pokémon Ranger title I would argue that there is plenty they could change to make the experience better, for instance with the selection of creatures start having ones that either haven't featured or that are less obvious choices in addition to having some well established favourites of course, more like Ukulele Pichu for starters... an Ocarina Kecleon perhaps? :wink: @Glen\-i

Oh damnit, now that image is in my head and I need to draw it now!

I'm trying to play Xenoblaaaaaade!

You seem to agree with me that the third Ranger game is the best one.

All 3 games are perfectly decent, but they don't do much to differentiate themselves from each other. For all the claims that the mainline games don't do enough to spice up the formula, the three Ranger games were far worse in that regard.

Also doesn't help that Guardian Signs makes the previous two mostly redundant.

I'd only want to see another Ranger game if they really shake it up.

Or take an example from PMD and have a decent story. Something a bit less predictable than "Bad guys are using Pokemon to do bad things, oh noes!"

Anyway, another bunch of enjoyable reviews. But you know full well which one I'm most interested in seeing in the future.

Now here's a neat little thing I discovered just now when starting up Explorers of Sky and resetting to try and get a Charmander.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I've gotta admit, I'm a little impressed that Ninty bothered to implement a workaround for games that use the DS menu colour. Nice foresight there.

That's amazing!!! I never even thought about how they'd get around that! :o

What's even more amazing is that I only just realised that all the Mii colours are an almost perfect match for the DS' System Settings colours!

0E4C3368-00D1-46E5-A6F9-01B68788BD54_zpsgaaibfro.jpg

A few shades are ommited, but all the main colours are there

That means that it was planned all along from the start!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Edited by Dcubed

It looks like we're getting the Final Fight franchise - on the New 3DS - this week, so that's Final Fight 1, 2 & 3 on the go. Not bad! :D

I'm betting on a three for the price of two deal. ;)

It looks like we're getting the Final Fight franchise - on the New 3DS - this week, so that's Final Fight 1, 2 & 3 on the go. Not bad! :D

I'm betting on a three for the price of two deal. ;)

You're right on the money, that's exactly what they're doing...

Special offer! Buy two of the three Final Fight games before September 22 and get the third one for free

Nothing for Wii U this week though, sadly.

You're right on the money, that's exactly what they're doing...

Nothing for Wii U this week though, sadly.

That means it's time for a Nintendo Direct.

:p

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34918-vcweekly387sidebanner.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Nintendo Presents: Style Boutique

Link tries on some masks...

...while I try on some virtual outfits.

Enjoy!

I think I'm going to download Konami Krazy Racers on Wii U but since I don't currently own any GBA software from the Virtual Console I was wondering how it looks on the TV. Is it decent enough?

I've never played the game before but with the inevitable purchase of HarmoKnight on 3DS, I'm tempted by another couple of games to take my gold 'My Nintendo' coins above the threshold of a 'free' SNES Pilotwings download, or whatever offers come next :heh:

Konami Krazy Racers looks like great fun so it boils down to whether I should get it on Wii U or buy the original GBA version to play on my DS Lite..

Konami Krazy Racers looks like great fun so it boils down to whether I should get it on Wii U or buy the original GBA version to play on my DS Lite..

I just ordered a complete GBA version. It was about twice the price of the Virtual Console title but it should look great on the DS Lite screen :grin:

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34922-vcweekly388sidebanner.jpg

Mega Man 7

Mega Man X

Even more Mega Man...

...on a smaller screen.

Enjoy!

Nothing this week.

Literally nothing. The PR has just three games on it...

Nothing this week.

Literally nothing. The PR has just three games on it...

Time for dat NX news.

081.gif

:D

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34946-vcweekly389sidebanner.jpg

R-Type

Bonk's Adventure

New Adventure Island

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Return of the TG-16...

...with reviews from myself & Dean.

Plus Street Fighter II (again) but on the smaller screen.

Enjoy!

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34955-vcweekly390sidebanner.jpg

Mega Man X2

Mega Man X3

Two more Mega Man X titles...

...this time in miniature form.

Enjoy!

Can't believe how badly they messed up the controls on F-Zero X.

Do they seriously optimise each game individually? It's almost unplayable!