Final Fight

Final Fight 2

Final Fight 3

Final Fight on the go...

...but only if you like playing solo.

Check inside for the verdicts.

Enjoy!

: peace:

I was kinda interested, but then i saw each game costing 7,99. Was kinda expecting to get all 3 games for 7,99. =[

I enjoyed reading that, @S\.C\.G., even though my verdict on the games is different (I'm one of the purists you speak of who prefers 2 to 3).

To me, Final Fight is one of the true greats, only surpassed by Double Dragon. The latter is the game of my childhood, whereas the former is the game of my early teenage years. Nothing takes me back to the early 1990s like Final Fight. It is the absolute epitome of 16-bit brawlers - the perfect formula of chunky sprites and satisfying gameplay. Neither as slow and measured as the Sega games (eg. Golden Axe), nor as throwaway and licence-dependent as the Konami brawlers.

Many will say Streets of Rage 2 surpasses it. Whilst it's extremely impressive what they achieved on the Mega Drive, Final Fight just pips it for me. In recent years, I've played both over and over again - SoR2 on the 3DS and Final Fight One on the Wii U.

Oh, NOW we get a Square Enix game! Bit late!

Kinda weird that we get this one only and not March of the Black Queen, considering that we got it on the Wii VC, but ahh well. It's a good 'un guys! Brilliant, brilliant game! Any fan of strategy RPGs (and those with a lot of patience) would do well to dive right into this one :D

I'm tempted by Ogre Battle but what's the point... If only we knew what they were doing with Switch VC.... Surely this week Nintendo; 3 weeks to go!

I've never even heard of this game but I love me some obscure N64 stuff, this is the kinda thing I like from the Virtual Console! I'm glad it's not totally dead on WiiU yet.

As for Excite Bots, I'm losing hope too @nekunando

After our mention of it a few weeks ago though I fired it up on the Wii and it's as crazy as I remember (though those red bars are even MORE exhausting than I thought) - It'd be so nice to play it on the WiiU with less fuzz.

Some of the fun is lost thanks to the closure of online, mind :(

I've never even heard of this game but I love me some obscure N64 stuff, this is the kinda thing I like from the Virtual Console! I'm glad it's not totally dead on WiiU yet.

As for Excite Bots, I'm losing hope too @nekunando

After our mention of it a few weeks ago though I fired it up on the Wii and it's as crazy as I remember (though those red bars are even MORE exhausting than I thought) - It'd be so nice to play it on the WiiU with less fuzz.

Some of the fun is lost thanks to the closure of online, mind :(

I've never played the game at all so to have been able to experience it on Wii U would have been great. Hopefully there's still a chance or, perhaps preferably, we somehow see it on Switch :smile:

If only we knew what they were doing with Switch VC.... Surely this week Nintendo; 3 weeks to go!

I'm certainly interested to see what happens, partly because I never did the Wii-Wii U system transfer and largely ignored the Wii U VC. I don't imagine I'll ever move anything from my original Wii but I wouldn't have any qualms with gutting the Wii U of the few titles I did download and moving them to Switch!

If only we knew what they were doing with Switch VC.... Surely this week Nintendo; 3 weeks to go!

I hope they clear this up soon and are providing some way of transferring the content over. I've bought quite a few VC games, most recently Pikachu Poke Park (a whopping £17.99, but it is great!) and various N64 ones. They are pretty expensive, but there's still more like F-Zero X I'd like to buy. The VC works incredibly well and Nintendo would be mad to change anything, we'd just need the exact same compatibility on the Switch.

One issue is around Wiimote support, for the Wii games on VC at least... I truly hope I can just bin the Wiimotes with this generation and use the Joy-cons instead. Not sure how likely that is, but I'd be surprised if the Switch had sensor bar support (sorry if this is already known and I missed it).

For some reason I have a feeling we'll need to keep the Wii U around for at least a year until they add VC support to Switch, but I hope I'm wrong.

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-35062-vcweekly395sidebanner.jpg

Metroid Prime: Hunters

Is that a Metroid in your pocket? Or...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

...arrrrrrrgh! :p

This one was a labour of love, written on my week off.

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!

Harvest Moon 64

Oh wow! That's a legit surprise! They tried to get that re-released back in the day on the Wii VC and weren't able to, so I never expected it to ever get a re-release! Great to see :D

Still refuse to buy anything until we know what's going on with switch. Shame as I'd definitely get this! Two great games in 2 weeks!

Still refuse to buy anything until we know what's going on with switch. Shame as I'd definitely get this! Two great games in 2 weeks!

We know what's happening with the Switch.

We all know...

We know what's happening with the Switch.

We all know...

Yep, it will be:

- Pay

- Again

- For the same games

- you already own

- But are less playable now

- Because of discontinued support of (online) features

- Without any form of compensation or acknowledgement

So basicaly the message: Did you heavily support the Wii U?? How stupid, but thanks for all your money now pay again!

I know I'm on repeat and that Nintendo isn't obliged to offer any form of reduction or compensation. Just doesn't feel like the Nintendo way of dealing with these kinds of issues. Maybe they've changed attitude with the switch (sorry) from the apologetic but empathetic Iwata to the tough but smart Kimishima? I feel less joy & warmth from their current business decisions but at this point their strategy seems to attract more consumers.

Edited by markderoos

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-35072-vcweekly396sidebanner.jpg

Breath of Fire

Breath of Fire II

Breath of Fire eh?...

...you should really get that checked out. :blush:

Enjoy!

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-35080-vcweekly397sidebanner.jpg

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Super Castlevania IV

Two all-time great SNES titles...

...shrunk down to be playable on the ever-capable New 3DS.

Currently the only way to play SNES VC titles on a *portable Nintendo console. ;)

*Subject to change with the launch of the Virtual Console on the Nintendo Switch... TBA 2017(?) :p

Enjoy!

I hear from GAF that NOE's PR will now be released on Thursdays, like how NOA do in the US...

That being said, Wii U is getting Bomberman 64 this week in Europe!

I hear from GAF that NOE's PR will now be released on Thursdays, like how NOA do in the US...

That being said, Wii U is getting Bomberman 64 this week in Europe!

Bomberman 64 is one of the good ones, right..?

I've never played Bomberman :red:

Bomberman 64 is one of the good ones, right..?

I've never played Bomberman :red:

Bomberman 64 is a good 'un but it's very different from the rest. While most other Bomberman games are strictly 2D in gameplay and work on a set grid, B64 instead works in 3D space (horizontally and vertically); allowing for free movement and features explosions that are spherical.

Like all Bomberman games though, the multiplayer is the meat and potatoes of the game; so if you don't have buddies to play with, I can't really recommend it much. It's a blast in multiplayer though!

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-35090-vcweekly398sidebanner.jpg

Mario's Super Picross

F-Zero X

Show me ya moves... ;)

Enjoy!