NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Can't believe how badly they messed up the controls on F-Zero X.

Do they seriously optimise each game individually? It's almost unplayable!

You know you can just remap the buttons, right?

You can remap the analogue stick dead zones?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I just took a look at Miiverse and it seems that you're not alone with complaints about the analog deadzone...

Which controller are you using? Have you tried both?

I know that F-Zero X can be rather unforgivably twitchy when it comes to the analog stick movement, so I wonder if it's just people who haven't played the game in a long time, or if there's a more underlying issue...

Both Nintendolife and Nintendo Everything have posted articles about the controls. Miiverse is also full of complaints.

I've been using the pro controller, from the sounds of it the problem is the same whichever you choose to use.

Rightfully, if someone is gonna compare the Wii and Wii U VC versions, they should be using the same Wii Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro on both consoles.

That way we can determine whether or not it's a controller issue, an issue with the VC emulation, or just a placebo. I'll have to test it myself over the weekend at some point when I get a chance (I have both the US NTSC N64 cart and the US Wii VC version to test against, so it'll be like for like).

Edited by Dcubed

Excitebike 64 this week

Woohoo!! Realised it was this game I was thinking wasn't;t out, not F Zero... going insane...

Excitebike 64 this week

About time we finally got another N64 game that wasn't released on the Wii VC!

Will be my first time playing it!

Every time I see an N64 release I'm impressed and think "ooh, the N64 VC is getting a bit more fleshed out now, it should look great in a year or so" then remember we're in the dying months of Wii U. Now more than ever I hope the current VC gets transferred from WiiU to Switch, I don't think I could bare another slow trickle all over again.

I've never played Excite Bike 64 but I have vague memories of really enjoying a bike game on my friends N64 back in the day so perhaps this was it? Either way, I'm Excite to try this out come Thursday!

I've been thinking the same Josh, we're 4 years into the Wii U's life and there are only 19 N64 games on the VC - it's pretty appalling. It will be a real travesty if they have to start all over again with the Switch.

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

@Glen\-i and anyone else who's interested of course. :D

It seems I did spend rather a long time on this edition but I'll be back up to speed soon.

We've had a rather busy month on the site, so thank you for your continued support and understanding. :heart:

Check inside for the verdicts.[/size][/b]

Enjoy!

: peace:

You pretty much have the same thoughts about EoS as I do. While I do prefer New Super Mystery Dungeon in pretty much all regards (Except story, EoS' is just too good), it's really difficult, so it's a poor first choice.

I have to ask though, did you play any more after the credits rolled?

You pretty much have the same thoughts about EoS as I do. While I do prefer New Super Mystery Dungeon in pretty much all regards (Except story, EoS' is just too good), it's really difficult, so it's a poor first choice.

I have to ask though, did you play any more after the credits rolled?

It's nice to see that we have similar views on the series. :)

Yeah, that's what I figured so in that respect EoS is an ideal starting point really with the additional bonus of the story being good...

...or good up until the point that I played, I must confess that I still haven't seen the credits roll. :blush:

But I have played a fair amount and I did happen to look up a spoiler-free guide on what the post-game is like so I will be returning to Treasure Town, it's just difficult when you have so many games to play but not enough time to devote to all of them when you take reviewing time into consideration. : peace:

I did say that my play time on it would be compromised at some point, with the release of Pokémon Sun & Moon that point has now arrived and I haven't even played that for a week now as I'm only getting back to Alola today...

...plus y'know, Monster Hunter Generations. :cool:

And all those other VC titles for future editions of VC Weekly.

#TooManyGamesNotEnoughTimeButTheyALLWillBePlayed :grin:

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34991-vcweekly392sidebanner.jpg

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

A classic Konami game...

...remember those? ;)

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!

71805972.jpg

Yup. Great game, from a great time, when Konami used to be great... a great time ago...

This being in 60hz (unlike the Wii U version) is also great! Here's hoping that the same applies with the eventual Switch version! That would be great!

The US is getting ExciteBots tomorrow on the Wii U. Hope it gets an EU release. :(

That'd be really great if they released it over here, I see no reason why not.

This is a stupid question and I'm 99% sure I know the answer but will the online work on Wii U?

That'd be really great if they released it over here, I see no reason why not.

This is a stupid question and I'm 99% sure I know the answer but will the online work on Wii U?

Sadly, it won't. :(

Excitebots is really really brilliant. It's just bonkers! Great game!

Hope and pray it comes to Europe. You guys need to play it!

The US is getting ExciteBots tomorrow on the Wii U. Hope it gets an EU release. :(

I will definitely get it if it's released here :hehe:

I wasn't entirely keen when I first saw the game revealed given the changes made over Excite Truck but my opinion quickly changed. I'd love to play it :yay:

I wasn't a huge fan of the red bars (mainly because I was crap at them) but everything else was amazing. I especially love the blue ropes that fling you in the air, have you do a bunch of flips and then launch you forwards.

Possibly the most rewarding thing in any racer though is getting yourself a Super Sandwich! I so desperately want a Wii U release now, I need to calm myself down before I get too disappointed :bouncy:

Gecko Bot! All day, every day!

This game is so much fun, and I didn't even enjoy Excite Truck!

Will deffo buy if it gets released over here. Maybe we can give them Disaster as a kind of deal?

EDIT: Oh, I completely forgot about the Super Sandwich! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when that happened.

n-europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-35038-vcweekly393sidebanner.jpg

Picross 3D

Anyone for Picross?...

...just me? OK then. ;)

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!