NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

And the recently released Mario trilogy is complete. 3 Mario games in 3 days. :)

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Well happy with this version of the game. Its a great conversion and reinforces my opinion that Super Mario World is still the King when it comes to 2D Mario games.

I do have one issue with this version of the game. When playing this on the SNES or Virtual Console I ALWAYS spit out a key just as the keyhole is closing, when I have Yoshi in tow. This version doesn't allow it for some reason. It's such a small thing but it really bummed me out! :D

Machine!!!

Are they short games? Or you managed to put some serious hours in? I'm wanting to go through them too but just started Twilight Princess and Professor Layton (randomly)

Machine!!!

Are they short games? Or you managed to put some serious hours in? I'm wanting to go through them too but just started Twilight Princess and Professor Layton (randomly)

Each of them are about 3-5 hours long. A lot less if you aren't bothered about collecting everything.

Machine!!!

They're not very long at all. You can blast through each of them in about 2-3 hours a piece if you're good. Short, sweet and very replayable :)

I do have one issue with this version of the game. When playing this on the SNES or Virtual Console I ALWAYS spit out a key just as the keyhole is closing, when I have Yoshi in tow. This version doesn't allow it for some reason. It's such a small thing but it really bummed me out! :D

Same! Drives me mental that I can't do that in the GBA version as I do it Every Single Time in the SNES original :laughing:

Nothing this week. Just 3DS VC titles

Oh boy... This is gonna become a regular thing, isn't it...

It's strange as it seemed they were killing off the 3DS, and we all theorised that NX is like Wii U so that's why... I wonder if they're just holding back now so all the "new" VC games will launch on nx

Hm, I wonder if the NX will use the SNES styling buttons as well, they seem to be making a big deal out them on the N3DS.

It's strange as it seemed they were killing off the 3DS, and we all theorised that NX is like Wii U so that's why... I wonder if they're just holding back now so all the "new" VC games will launch on nx

We've had weeks of no games before. Doesn't mean anything. It's a bit of a jump to go to there right now

We've had weeks of no games before. Doesn't mean anything. It's a bit of a jump to go to there right now

Isn't that what pre-console hype is all about :) Reading everything into everything!!!

Makes sense too, I mean I'm hoping the whole VC library is there day one from the WIi U and 3DS; they need to add to it so why not hold off a bit... And add Gamecube...

Isn't that what pre-console hype is all about :) Reading everything into everything!!!

Makes sense too, I mean I'm hoping the whole VC library is there day one from the WIi U and 3DS; they need to add to it so why not hold off a bit... And add Gamecube...

Imagine the hate when they just start trickling out the familiar list of NES titles again at full price.. :grin:

If we have multiple weeks like this, then I'll jump on your train of thought, but it's too soon:p

N-Europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34661-vcweekly371sidebanner.jpg

Mega Man Battle Network 6

The final chapter in the enjoyable yet completely superfluous Mega Man Battle Network series!

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!

: peace:

So I bought and started Super Mario Advance 3 half an hour ago (figured I would finish the collection off) and have noticed this.

Is this normal? Every time a level starts or there's a transition between areas I get a black screen ( obviously normal ) but it has this strange mess included. It's not always the same layout either. I'm playing on the GamePad but I assume it's the same on the TV as well.

So I bought and started Super Mario Advance 3 half an hour ago (figured I would finish the collection off) and have noticed this.

Is this normal? Every time a level starts or there's a transition between areas I get a black screen ( obviously normal ) but it has this strange mess included. It's not always the same layout either. I'm playing on the GamePad but I assume it's the same on the TV as well.

Yep, completely normal for the GBA version. Not in the SNES version.

Starfox 64 this week. 50% off until April 21st

YES!!! And going by the name, it's the US version to boot! :D

Awesome! :bouncy:

Finally! Starfox 64 will be mine. :D

I have Lylat Wars on the N64 and Wii Virtual Console version.

True I do own Star Fox 64 3D on the 3DS which is amazing in itself but, to play the original game, with its original name and at its intended speed on a big screen AND decent sound?

Priceless! :grin:

Barrel Rolls will never be the same again. :wink:

Metroid: Other M this week

Nice! Fun game to play. Thing is though, the game doesn't have as many long loading times as Metroid Prime Trilogy and I already have the retail version. So I won't bother double dipping.

Nice! Fun game to play. Thing is though, the game doesn't have as many long loading times as Metroid Prime Trilogy and I already have the retail version. So I won't bother double dipping.

Those loading times can be pretty lengthy actually... especially on the initial load (also with the Speed Booster, it's possible to tweak the game and force the game to stop to load... which is annoying)

This Wii U re-release will fix that up nicely though :)

I may give it a go. Never got Other M when it came out (it was during the period when I was fed up with the Metroid save system...I still am, but meh), so I may pick it up

Other M is like, £2 to buy at CEX. Just scrape the dried beans off the back of the disc and jam it into your Wii.

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34697-vcweekly372sidebanner.jpg

Mario Kart 64

Mario Kart 64 returns in all of its 60Hz glory!

Plus it does have the best battle mode of course. :wink:

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!

: peace: