NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Time to show them your circle drawing skills @Glen\-i!

THIS IS YOUR BIG MOMENT! Show them how artistic you can make dem circles on Miiverse! : peace:

Time to show them your circle drawing skills @Glen\-i!

THIS IS YOUR BIG MOMENT! Show them how artistic you can make dem circles on Miiverse! : peace:

Nah, Pokemon Ranger 3 makes this game completely redundant. I'll wait until that comes around.

You've played 1 Ranger, you've pretty much played them all.

Nah, Pokemon Ranger 3 makes this game completely redundant. I'll wait until that comes around.

You've played 1 Ranger, you've pretty much played them all.

Personally I'd rather play... The Last Ranger...

yeaaaacsimiami_zps20c943f8.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

WOO!!! I was just thinking about this game the other day! :D

This one's gonna be awesome to play on Wii U. The touch screen will actually be big enough to make the touch screen controls awesome this time around! :yay:

This week:

Super Mario Advance

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Buy 2 of them and get the third free until March 24th. No sign of e-Reader stages in SMA4 yet.

This week:

Super Mario Advance

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Buy 2 of them and get the third free until March 24th. No sign of e-Reader stages in SMA4 yet.

A good selection, surely NOE aren't going to screw us over by not including the e-Reader stages though?

The three for two deal better not be just something to soften the blow because we're getting an inferior version. :blank:

I also find it amusing that the New 3DS now has the original Super Mario World so now the Wii U VC gets the enhanced GBA port... though it does have both versions now, I must admit though there's something special about the original SNES version which I love. :)

Well the e-Reader stuff wasn't in the NOA PR.

I really hope it does have it. I lost my US GBA cartridge when my sister forced me to lend it to her friend who just got a GBA. Never got it, or like a third of my GBA collection, back.

I really hope it does have it. I lost my US GBA cartridge when my sister forced me to lend it to her friend who just got a GBA. Never got it, or like a third of my GBA collection, back.

Not to mention that this also has the Japanese and promo exclusive levels as well!

The full PR says this:

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Strap yourself into the red or green dungarees of Mario or Luigi as they jump, bounce, slide, fly and swim their way across eight enormous worlds. Their mission? To battle the forces of Bowser and his troublemaking kids, who have turned all the local kings into animals. What makes Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 so special? Is it the pixel-perfect controls? Could it be the superb level design, packed with secrets and surprises? Or maybe it's the cool power-ups like the flying Tanooki Suit, sea-swimming Frog Suit, or the whirlwind-summoning Warp Whistle? Boasting vastly improved graphics and sounds over the NES original, plus never-before-seen special features, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 will give everyone a chance to relive - or experience anew - a true Miyamoto masterpiece.

Seems like a reference to the e-card levels. They probably didn't mention it by name since it wasn't released over here?

SMA4 EU trailer...

... no sign of the eReader levels...

SHIBATAAAAAAAA!!!! :mad:

N-Europe

Presents

VC Weekly

content-2-34647-vcweekly370sidebanner.jpg

Drill Dozer

Drill Dozer finally gets its long overdue European release thanks to the Wii U Virtual Console.

Dean and I team up to tackle this title which is surely one of Game Freak's more original and underrated offerings.

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!

: peace:

SMA4 EU trailer...

... no sign of the eReader levels...

SHIBATAAAAAAAA!!!! :mad:

Does that mean we aren't getting them then? No eReader levels then no buy. Simple as that for me. I guess we haven't got long to wait to find out.

I take it Nintendo UK social media doesn't answer questions? Just figured someone would have asked them and got an answer by now. ::shrug:

Does that mean we aren't getting them then? No eReader levels then no buy. Simple as that for me. I guess we haven't got long to wait to find out.

I take it Nintendo UK social media doesn't answer questions? Just figured someone would have asked them and got an answer by now. ::shrug:

I'd be very surprised if we are... It would surely be something they'd shout about if it were happening...

This is bollocks! It's not even a technical challenge involved here because World-e IS actually still in the EU version, just locked away. It can actually be accessed very easily with an Action Replay code or even just a corrupted Save File!

It's even fully translated into all EU languages!

SMA4FR-We1.png

SMA4ES-We1.png

SMA4DE-PC.png

It's just pure apathy and laziness on NOE's part. A huge slap in the face, considering that what they did for the JP and US VC versions was not trivial (unlike unlocking World e for the EU version), because they actually went in and re-programmed the game in order to increase the number of save slots for levels (originally you can only have a maximum of 32 levels stored in a save file at any given time IIRC, but in the VC version, they actually increased that to 38 in order to include all of the levels that have been released - they also disabled the ability to delete levels that have been added). That would not have been easy to do, but they went and did it anyway.

But for Europe? Oh no... Flipping a switch and applying the same fix that they've already used for the US and JP versions is just too much effort... It's arguably even more insulting than the first time they fobbed us off with the original cart release; at least then they had an excuse because we never got the e-reader! :mad:

Edited by Dcubed

Wow, NOE leaving those levels out of the digital release would be a cruel and bizarre omission. European gaming has come a long way, but this sorta thing is a stinging reminder of how things used to be and will no doubt stir up old resentments.

Which one of us will bite the bullet and test?

Me obviously! :indeed:

If the European release of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 doesn't have the e-reader stages then it just goes to show how lazy NOE can be at times, this will be mentioned in VC Weekly... more than mentioned, there will be a significant section which will take up most of the review. :blank:

I really hope it isn't the case though, that somehow all the stages are in there and it just hasn't been mentioned, either way it's buy two titles get one free so... ::shrug: I'm going to go for it, purely because I planned to download them because I need to and we never actually know whether or not NOE is going to bother even sending us codes for VC games on a weekly basis as always, they gave us codes for all the Pokémon VC releases seemingly as a goodwill gesture which is obviously appreciated but still they could do a lot better for VC releases by their fans and by the places which review their games in the first place... surely it doesn't take that much effort? :confused:

Regardless these will be reviewed, I don't suppose the games are even up yet either... usually they seem to be in the afternoon on a Thursday I gather, so if anyone wants to find out and isn't going to buy the games then they will need to wait until this evening as I work until just gone 5PM... if the releases were already up on the eShop then I'd have already downloaded then but they aren't so nevermind. :indeed:

It often feels like one massive leap forward with NOE every now and then, followed by several stumbling steps back sometimes, I really hope we haven't been screwed over here but only time will tell. :red:

Whoa, a lot of jumping to conclusions going on here based on one trailer? At least wait until it's confirmed. Or am I missing something?

Regardless these will be reviewed, I don't suppose the games are even up yet either... usually they seem to be in the afternoon on a Thursday I gather, so if anyone wants to find out and isn't going to buy the games then they will need to wait until this evening as I work until just gone 5PM... if the releases were already up on the eShop then I'd have already downloaded then but they aren't so nevermind. :indeed:

The eShop updates around 2PM.

Whoa, a lot of jumping to conclusions going on here based on one trailer? At least wait until it's confirmed. Or am I missing something?

Oh good, I'm not the only one thinking this.

Let's wait until 2, then we can be insulted.

The eShop updates around 2PM.

Oh good, I'm not the only one thinking this.

Let's wait until 2, then we can be insulted.

I guess there is a certain amount of pre-empting going on here... :indeed:

I really hope it isn't the case, but when it isn't mentioned in the press release or even shown in the video, it's hard not to get that uncertain feeling. :p

Ah well, I'm off to work soon but even if no one here is downloading it without knowing I'm sure you'll only have to wait until... 2:05PM until somebody, somewhere downloads it and checks the main menu; I'm assuming this is how it can be confirmed? Unless you need to get to a certain point in the game to unlock them. ::shrug:

Either way I'll be downloading these later when I return - unless we get codes for them - as three for two is still too good a deal to pass up. :)

In the meantime if anyone hasn't got anything to do, why not check out VCW 370 - above - which has a review of Drill Dozer by Dean and I - if you haven't already - it contains pictures of the original game as well. :D

In the meantime if anyone hasn't got anything to do, why not check out VCW 370 - above - which has a review of Drill Dozer by Dean and I - if you haven't already - it contains pictures of the original game as well. :D

Oh, that reminds me! I've been meaning to ask you something about that review.

Verdict : Drill Dozer is definitely worth digging out some digital dosh for.

Who wrote that line? Who went absolute ham on the alliteration?

tumblr_m4d9ehRzqh1r18n5ko1_500.gif

You're not 90's Rare, stop it!

Oh, that reminds me! I've been meaning to ask you something about that review.

Who wrote that line? Who went absolute ham on the alliteration?

tumblr_m4d9ehRzqh1r18n5ko1_500.gif

You're not 90's Rare, stop it!

I'll make every effort to tone down the arbitrary alliteration.

Starting... now!

;)