NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

To be fair, the games would look better if they were a little brighter, regardless of how they're 'supposed' to be. Every time I load up the GBA version of Mario vs Donkey Kong on 3DS I can't help but notice how dull it appears :hmm:

I've seen quite a lot of posts on Miiverse complaining about the brightness in Wave Race and 1080. I've not even noticed myself, they just look like typical N64 games to me. ::shrug:

Oh no, not this again...

I wonder how many of those people actually owned an N64...

I bet it's not very many.

Then again, it's Miiverse. The same place that someone genuinely believed that I didn't know that Bravely Default came out after the SNES.

While I can understand Nintendo wanting to retain an image which is faithful to the original, I suppose it would be nice to have the option of removing the filter...

Though I don't think it's caused me too many issues yet, certainly not on the TV screen anyway; I'm just happy enough to have some 60Hz N64 games finally at my disposal. : peace:

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34574-9.jpg

Kirby Mass Attack

Kirby: Power Paintbrush

After a bit of a hiatus, here are two Kirby reviews to start this year in the pink.

Enjoy!

: peace:

After a bit of a hiatus, here are two Kirby reviews to start this year in the pink.

Enjoy!

Those comments underneath each screenshot...

giphy.gif

Oh, you!

Those comments underneath each screenshot...

giphy.gif

Oh, you!

Best bit is that I didn't even suggest the idea at all! It came as a surprise even to me!

Awesome stuff S.C.G! : peace:

I'm glad to hear that it's appreciated. :)

My thanks to you both and Hazel for giving me the direct inspiration for it. : peace:

I genuinely can't finish a Kirby stage without at the very least singing the Kirby Dance Song in my head...

...sometimes it is sung out loud without me being conciously aware of it. :heh:

Either way it only adds to ones enjoyment of Kirby games. :D

Speaking of which... my Kirby folder on the Wii U is ever-growing, there still must be more Kirby titles yet to be released though?

I can think of...

Kirby's Avalanche (released on Wii VC but not Wii U)

Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble (GBC the tilt mechanism could be emulated?)

Kirby's Dream Collection (Not released in EU, technically not VC but still... digital Wii release?)

Kirby's Air Ride (when we get GC games, not if)

Any that I have foolishly forgotten about or is that about it for the Kirby titles which might feasibly get released?

I'm glad to hear that it's appreciated. :)

My thanks to you both and Hazel for giving me the direct inspiration for it. : peace:

I genuinely can't finish a Kirby stage without at the very least singing the Kirby Dance Song in my head...

...sometimes it is sung out loud without me being conciously aware of it. :heh:

Either way it only adds to ones enjoyment of Kirby games. :D

Speaking of which... my Kirby folder on the Wii U is ever-growing, there still must be more Kirby titles yet to be released though?

I can think of...

Kirby's Avalanche (released on Wii VC but not Wii U)

Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble (GBC the tilt mechanism could be emulated?)

Kirby's Dream Collection (Not released in EU, technically not VC but still... digital Wii release?)

Kirby's Air Ride (when we get GC games, not if)

Any that I have foolishly forgotten about or is that about it for the Kirby titles which might feasibly get released?

The only one left other than the ones you mentioned is Kirby Super Star Ultra (and Kirby's Super Star Stacker; kinda... It's the one and only JPN only Kirby game and it's actually available on the Wii and Wii U VC in Japan right now... Don't know why, it's a bloody puzzle game with hardly any text in it! If they can release Mario's Super Picross over here, I don't see why not KSSS as well ::shrug: )

BTW, pointless fun fact. Masked Dedede's theme actually first appeared in Kirby's Super Star Stacker ;)

Edited by Dcubed

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34577-7.jpg

Game & Watch Gallery Advance

Polarium Advance

VC catch-up week continues with a reviews of my personal favourite Game & Watch Gallery and the lesser-known Polarium Advance.

I hope you'll enjoy reading this one as much as I enjoyed writing it.

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34580-4.jpg

Mario Tennis

New Super Mario Bros.

Onimusha Tactics

A collaborative catch-up effort from both Dean and I in this edition. (Thank you to Dcubed for both of his Mario title reviews)

And a review of Onimusha Tactics which I found to be a surprise hit.

Enjoy!.

Enjoyed the Game & Watch Gallery review, @S\.C\.G. You and I clearly have similar tastes because I also think that modern Octopus is the star of the show.

Going by the Miiverse community though, it seems it was mostly overlooked, which is a shame because 20 G&W games with 11 of them getting remasters is ridiculous value for money!

Mario Kart 64 this week

Nice! 60hz or not? (Surely it must be 60hz!? There's practically no text in this one!)

Nice! 60hz or not? (Surely it must be 60hz!? There's practically no text in this one!)

It doesn't say, which is a bad sign

It doesn't say, which is a bad sign

Not necessarily... There have been a good few 60hz VC games where they failed to mention what version it was in the PR...

I don't see this being 50hz when games like SM64, 1080 and WaveRace have all been 60hz. Hell they all have more text than MK64 anyway!

Mario Kart 64! :D

Come on NOE don't letus down now, to give us 60Hz versions of both 1080° Snowboarding and Wave Race 64 and then not to carry on with the same treatment for all other racing games at the very least would be sheer lunacy. :heh:

I'll still be buying it either way but Nintendo might as well release it in 60Hz and please everyone... ::shrug:

It's zero extra effort for them and more guaranteed sales as then anyone who's not bothered by the difference will buy it anyway and still be benefiting, those who want 60Hz because they do notice the difference will buy it and not boycott the 50Hz release so everyone wins. : peace:

Unless there's anyone who wants 50Hz only games and is bizarrely choosing to boycot the 60Hz releases but I can't see that happaning, even though it's worth noting that there's always the small possibility. :hmm:

To give people the choice would be the best option, almost like M2 have done with the Sega 3D classics as they let you choose from multiple regions, there's no reason why we shouldn't have the choice really in this day and age. :)

I preferred the 50hz F-Zero. I was good at that.

Then we got the 60hz one on the VC in 2013 and that just screwed with me

:p

Mario Kart 64 didn't get a FIGS translation back in the day (it was English only in Europe) so it's almost certainly the 60hz version that we'll be getting here :)

Mario Kart 64 didn't get a FIGS translation back in the day (it was English only in Europe) so it's almost certainly the 60hz version that we'll be getting here :)

We'll blame you if it's 50hz then :p

To give people the choice would be the best option, almost like M2 have done with the Sega 3D classics as they let you choose from multiple regions, there's no reason why we shouldn't have the choice really in this day and age. :)

This would be the best thing for them to do. 60Hz might be how they were meant to be played but most people played them at 50Hz so their memories are of that version.

I've always heard the heated debate but never joined in myself because I actually don't know what difference it makes :p I'll pick up Mario Kart 64 for whenever I have another get-together, it's a shame they didn't release it a tad earlier as it would have made for a good Christmas/New Year party game.