NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I see you can't post screenshots on Miiverse when playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Well that just sucks. :(

Wait? Really? They went and blocked that!?

Bloody Square Enix... There always has to be a catch with them...

We wait ages for them to finally support the Wii U VC outside of Japan and oh of course they have to screw up something...

Wait? Really? They went and blocked that!?

I'm baffled as to why. I wasn't going to buy it straight away anyway ( trying to hold off on VC stuff until My Nintendo account thingy launches, in case of a discount program being part of it) but it's certainly put a downer on the release of the game.

No screenshot posting yet it has a miiverse community? That's just pointless, it's not as if screens of the game don't already exist on the internet so I don't see what S-E gain from this? :blank:

Obviously games like Super Mario RPG won't be affected but if this is to be standard for S-E properties then it will be screen captures for those games I suppose, a shame because I found posting to miiverse then copy/pasting easier but oh well. ::shrug:

This will be mentioned in its VC Weekly review for certain.

No screenshot posting yet it has a miiverse community? That's just pointless, it's not as if screens of the game don't already exist on the internet so I don't see what S-E gain from this? :blank:

Had their been revealing clothing in the game or bad language, then I would understand. Even then you still have stuff like Code Princess, where she may as well not even be wearing a top, allowing screenshots.

I guess it has something to do with spoilers. I know when playing Final Fantasy Type 0 on the PS4 I kept getting a message pop up saying I couldn't record various scenes. It may be the same thing here. Bit weird considering the game is around 13 years old at this point.

If they do that with Secret of Mana....

I was looking forward to the avalanche of glitch pictures from that game and all :(

So much caption material from FF6 and Chrono Trigger... It can't go to waste!! I need to do my caption series that chronicles every single piece of inaccurate shakesperian dialogue that spurts from Frog's mouth! :p

Edit: Yeah, looking at the Japanese communities for S-E's VC games, they blocked screenshots on all of them. I completely forgot about that.

So yeah, I suspect that this will be the case with all of their VC games in the west as well. What's the bloody point!? What a tremendous shame :(

Good thing that SMRPG was published by Nintendo and not S-E!

Edited by Dcubed

I see you can't post screenshots on Miiverse when playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Well that just sucks. :(

That's odd. I wonder why S-E would even put in a restriction like that. Can you still upload screenshots to an image host through the browser at least?

That's odd. I wonder why S-E would even put in a restriction like that. Can you still upload screenshots to an image host through the browser at least?

I think someone on Gaf said you can't do that either.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is an absolutely amazing game. I can't wait to play through it again. :yay:

Amen. What a game it was, absolutely loved it. Shame I never gave the sequel much due.

Super Mario Galaxy this week. Baffles me why we got the second one first. ::shrug:

Yeah, is a bit odd, but glad to see it finally come to the EU eShop :)

Here's hoping that we get something good on the VC to go alongside it this week. Wouldn't mind seeing them get the ball rolling this Thursday on more S-E games on the VC... (Hint, hint NOE ;) )

Yeah, is a bit odd, but glad to see it finally come to the EU eShop :)

Here's hoping that we get something good on the VC to go alongside it this week. Wouldn't mind seeing them get the ball rolling this Thursday on more S-E games on the VC... (Hint, hint NOE ;) )

My hype for any S-E games completely went away once I found out I couldn't chronicle my adventures on Miiverse. :(

My hype for any S-E games completely went away once I found out I couldn't chronicle my adventures on Miiverse. :(

It is a serious bummer :( I suppose you can still write about it, but it's just not the same without the screenshots :(

It is a serious bummer :( I suppose you can still write about it, but it's just not the same without the screenshots :(

Nah, I need the screenshots to back up what my writing. Whats even more annoying is that no website seems to have quizzed them why this is the case.

Nevermind. Nothing on the VC this week. Just Super Mario Galaxy as a Wii download.

Guess they don't want anything else competing with the Smash DLC this week :p

Super Mario Galaxy this week. Baffles me why we got the second one first. ::shrug:

Probably because it came out late in the life of the Wii and got the least sales, so Nintendo released it first to give those who'd abandoned the Wii a chance to play it

I had Galaxy 2 from launch but only ever played it on my WiiU, i'd abandoned my Wii by that point

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34584-10.jpg

Super Mario RPG

Super Mario 64 DS

Super Mario RPG makes its triumphant return to the Virtual Console, as does VC Weekly following the server switch!

Super Mario 64 DS makes its debut but is it considered to be an improvement over the original or just too much of a technical trade-off?

Check inside for the verdicts.

Enjoy!.

: peace:

I'd say it's a good bet that this will happen. They've made the effort of getting the other games into western gamers hands, why not go all the way?

Such a shame I can't get into this series. :(

I'd say it's a good bet that this will happen. They've made the effort of getting the other games into western gamers hands, why not go all the way?

The fact that they released Mother 1 as "Earthbound Beginnings" is the biggest tell. You can't have a beginning without an ending ;)

I do think it's gonna finally happen. It's Mother 3's 10th anniversary and they just released a Lucas Amiibo. It'll be their big VC related announcement for E3 and it'll be GLORIOUS! :yay:

I could honestly get nothing else from E3 and still be ecstatic from that bombshell!

Yeah, it's a fairly safe bet at this point, they even hinted at 2 years ago in their E3 Direct, I would not be surprised to see it at E3 this year.

I do wonder if they'll make some changes though.

Mother 3 is fantastic, you should definitely check it out. I enjoyed Beginnings and Mother 3 more than Earthbound, couldn't get into it (I'm planning on giving it another shot at some point).

Mother 3 is fantastic, you should definitely check it out. I enjoyed Beginnings and Mother 3 more than Earthbound, couldn't get into it (I'm planning on giving it another shot at some point).

I think i've been in the same spot in the game for over a year now. I honestly just don't get the appeal of it. The inventory system is hands down one of the worst i've ever seen in a game. Why place all of these goods around the world when you have no room to pick any of them up!?

I think i've been in the same spot in the game for over a year now. I honestly just don't get the appeal of it. The inventory system is hands down one of the worst i've ever seen in a game. Why place all of these goods around the world when you have no room to pick any of them up!?

I personally like the system it uses. Makes you think about whether you really need that item or not.

Although with Mother 3, I believe there's more space.

Mother 3 is by far the greatest GBA RPG. Anyone who likes the genre even a little should play it.

That's if it does ever get released, I don't wanna get my hopes up too much.

Yup, Eurogamer are now corrobating it!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-04-mother-3-will-finally-get-western-release-report

its-happening.gif

:bouncy: YES!!! TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!! Let the floodgates open!! :bouncy:

The holy grail of VC releases is almost upon us! :D

Looking forward to making @Glen\-i eat his words very soon ;) (how would you like them? Boiled? Mashed? Live on camera? I'm very accommodating :p )

Edited by Dcubed