NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I get that but why release those two games? They have a whole library to choose from and the first update we get are these two. Its weak!!

I wouldn't mind one or two releases IF they were new VC titles that we hadn't had a millions times before. Giving us the same old NES games over and over again is getting quite annoying.

They could, and should, release four Virtual Console games per week; three previously released on other consoles, and one new. I believe this approach would best satisfy both Nintendo and its customers.

!!!!!! You're only missing the best MM's out there! 2 and 3 in particular are fantastic and I think commonly believed to be the best?
Thought MM1 was considered to be pretty bad. MM2 seems to be highly liked out of the original series, wait for that one.
Thank you both for sharing your views! I hope my love for Mega Man X can translate to the older games!

I hope my love for Mega Man X can translate to the older games!

MMX is still the best. Don't listen to these people! :D

VC launch trailer, highlights Street Fighter II, Donkey Kong, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and A Link to the Past so hopefully means we're getting them soon (also shows Pac Man but it's out this week). 'specially since I want to play ALttP again.

VC launch trailer, highlights Street Fighter II, Donkey Kong, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and A Link to the Past so hopefully means we're getting them soon (also shows Pac Man but it's out this week). 'specially since I want to play ALttP again.

Just came to post this. It's likely to be the lineup for the next week or two

A Link to the Past

Yay! I hope it comes sooner rather than later!

Virtual console games are too experienced whichever way you look at it, don't ate they have to create emulators etc, awful excuse, they are too expensive. 2.50, 3.50, 5 would be much more reasonable (and still loads more than mobile games). Also think they'd sell a lot more games of they were this cheap, probably making even more money and creating new fans of games in the process... But fuck progressive thinking like this....

And don't get me started on the "upgrade" pricing....

Weirdly, @flameboy called me out on Facebook for slagging off VC pricing, which wasn't me... He seems to have predicted the future!

LOL so I did....the post I read was:

So the American launch has been announced, and its predictable awful

NES:

Punch-Out!!

Balloon Fight

Kirby's Adventure

DK JR

Ice climber

Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World

F-ZERO

I have all of those on3ds and Wii (and Wii u)....

Be nice if it detects them all so I can have them all on Wii u. I think we all know the answer.

What a flimsy way to launch the service!

And for some reason I thought you had mentioned price....when you clearly didn't.

I feel like Wii U Virtual Console is going to be a bit of a write off if I'm honest. They are going to spend all this time re releasing the same games on the Virtual Console as the Wii to include all the gubbins that allows them to run off the gamepad. I'm very much unconvinced how much work/time has to into getting these various things to run. Unless there are games running on custom chips ala StarFox etc... Then again though plenty of emulators run such games just fine. I guess all it would take is for someone to hack the Wii U and get emulators running on the gamepad to proof that this recharging for the work that's being done per title is bullshit.

I still very much feel Virtual Console is a missed opportunity is there really a need to drip feed releases? FOR A 1ST, 2ND AND NOW 3RD TIME. Still feel there weren't enough titles on Wii, they kind of abandoned the service when WiiWare hit and tried to concentrate on new titles.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed by only 2 titles this week, I was expecting/hoping for at least 4-5 a week. Given how much the Wii VC title releases dried up as time went on it doesn't leave me feeling very confident that the Wii U will even have everything from the Wii service by the time Nintendo are launching their next console.

Just came to post this. It's likely to be the lineup for the next week or two

Out of those, the only one I really want is Super Ghouls N' Ghosts (I have ALTTP on my US Wii and on GBA, so I'm happy enough)

I just hope that it's 60hz. Would love to have a proper version of that game on my Gamepad :D

Anyone remember Cobra Triangle on the NES? One of my favourite games at the time, would love them to release that for VC at some point.

MMX is still the best. Don't listen to these people! :D

There's a reason why Capcom chose the original 8 bit Megaman style when making MM9 and 10 recently, it's far superior :P

Edited by Ronnie

Anyone remember Cobra Triangle on the NES? One of my favourite games at the time, would love them to release that for VC at some point.

There's a reason why Capcom chose the original 8 bit Megaman style when making MM9 and 10 recently, it's far superior :P

Yes, the speed boat game? I do remember that.

I'm stunned at how Nintendo are handling this. The same old games.... It's quite depressing really. They're all great games, but it seem so infuriatingly lazy

Anyone else glad that the Wii U VC does not stretch the 4:3 on widescreen TV anymore? That was the only real bummer I had with Wii VC, that the games were stretched and looked terrible. Now, they look like they should.

Anyone else glad that the Wii U VC does not stretch the 4:3 on widescreen TV anymore? That was the only real bummer I had with Wii VC, that the games were stretched and looked terrible. Now, they look like they should.

Yes! There have never ever been a time in history when altering aspect ratio should have been treated as anything else than treason.

I am also happy they chose 480 as vertical resolution on the GamePad, and that the games display by a factor of its native resolution on the TV.

I hope they do release A Link To The Past sooner rather than later. I want to play through this beauty before its sequel is released.

Probably more to do with it being more work for them and the fact that they had butchered the storyline for the X series and had no idea where to go with it next.

I'd at least have liked the option to stretch the picture to to fill the screen. I don't particularly like big black borders on either side..

Me! That was really annoying on the Wii, so streched and blurry. Super Mario World looks great on the Wii U.

Probably more to do with it being more work for them and the fact that they had butchered the storyline for the X series and had no idea where to go with it next.

X is the best game but we don't know when it'll be up on the Wii U VC. The PSP version isn't quite the same either.

I'd at least have liked the option to stretch the picture to to fill the screen. I don't particularly like big black borders on either side..

So you'd rather have a heavily distorted picture then some black bars that you ignore once you get into the game?

I don't get people who like that, it's like my parents and TV. They have it set so 4:3 programmes stretch across the TV. It makes no sense

So you'd rather have a heavily distorted picture then some black bars that you ignore once you get into the game?

I don't get people who like that, it's like my parents and TV. They have it set so 4:3 programmes stretch across the TV. It makes no sense

I'm just saying it would be nice to have the option..

X is the best game but we don't know when it'll be up on the Wii U VC. The PSP version isn't quite the same either.

I won that just last week on ebay. I've been after a sealed copy for ages and bagged for the bargain price of £15.

I won that just last week on ebay. I've been after a sealed copy for ages and bagged for the bargain price of £15.

Nice. Still a great game but I think the SNES version remains the best version, I just prefer the SNES graphics, really.

Nice. Still a great game but I think the SNES version remains the best version, I just prefer the SNES graphics, really.

Yeah, I looooove the 2D sprites. I hated it once the series got rid of them. :(

I picked the PSP version up because I've never played this version before but also because I want to play the Vile sections.

Mega Man X looks so incredibly, outstandingly, remarkably... pretty! And it plays great! The 'numbered' games just looks... more boring?

I grew up with Mega Man X, and other games from the 16-bit era, because SNES was our first console. I played NES games when at friends, but my love for 16-bit-like graphics is strong and unbreakable!

Mega Man X looks so incredibly, outstandingly, remarkably... pretty! And it plays great! The 'numbered' games just looks... more boring?

The numbered games were fantastic, that's why there are 10 of them. X is pretty generic.

The numbered games were fantastic, that's why there are 10 of them. X is pretty generic.

Fine. I will try one of the original Mega Man games! Which do you think is the best? And which do you think I should start with?