NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Fine. I will try one of the original Mega Man games! Which do you think is the best? And which do you think I should start with?

Either the first or second one. The series starts a slow decline after those ones, IMO. Just be thankful you can save anywhere as they are brutally hard/unfair.

Mega Man 2 & 3 are great, and MM1 is still good. MM4-6 are ok, it's just that the formula is getting a bit stale after the first 3 games.

Fine. I will try one of the original Mega Man games! Which do you think is the best? And which do you think I should start with?

Agree with Ville, 2 and 3 are the best.

Mega Man 2 & 3 are great, and MM1 is still good. MM4-6 are ok, it's just that the formula is getting a bit stale after the first 3 games.

9 is also worth mentioning in the same breath as 2 and 3. It's just as tight in terms of level design but scales back the NEED for Rush and makes him more an assistance than necessary which can be an issue at times in 2 and 3 when you run out of Item/Rush usage - the return trip to Needle Man's stage in MM3 is awful for this as can be Wily Stage 3 in MM2.

You can see in 9, and more so 10, how they've taken level design ideas out of games 4-6 and just reapplied them with a slight twist for a better end result than their original incarnation. It was probably easier to take them from the lesser known games than to go straight for 2 and 3.

There is a Mega Man Thread over in the general section for this kinda talk though.

Also MMX is the dogs dangly bits and anyone who says otherwise needs a slap :p

Masterpiece: MM2, MM3, MM9, MMX

Great: MM4

Good: MM1, MM5, MM10, MMX4,

Decent: MM5, MM6 MMX2, MMX3

Bad: MM7, MMX5, MMX6

OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!: MM8, MMX7, MMX8

Already been posted in the previous page mate. No problem though, those who haven't seen it yet can watch it now.

Incoming VC support from Capcom.

Hey guys,

Many of the listed games (and others) are indeed coming, but we're working with Nintendo on the actual release dates and other details. We should have an official release schedule soon - but yes, Wii U is about to get a dose of 16-bit Capcom love :)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29909707/capcom-titles-confirmed-for-wii-u-vc-for-eu-when-will-they-come-to-na?post_num=10#531911035

Hey guys,

Many of the listed games (and others) are indeed coming, but we're working with Nintendo on the actual release dates and other details. We should have an official release schedule soon - but yes, Wii U is about to get a dose of 16-bit Capcom love :)

Come on Demon's Crest! :bouncy:

Does anyone know what the next 30p title is after Kirby's Adventure?

Does anyone know what the next 30p title is after Kirby's Adventure?

I believe it's the SNES classic, Super Metroid. Please correct if I'm wrong.

I believe it's the SNES classic, Super Metroid. Please correct if I'm wrong.

No way! Seriously? I've never actually played Super Metroid much(I know I know, I'm a terrible person) - that's totally awesome if it is! I didn't think anything could beat my beloved Kirby, but that just might! Would have loved if SMW made it in, but I guess they knew that'd turn them a bit more monies :p

I will play through Super Metroid for the first time this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only ever played bits of it, at a friend's house twenty years ago!

Wow, Ninty are certainly giving us a treat indeed with these 30p classics. Kirby's Adventure is a great title, one that i've downloaded. Super Metroid, another title i've not played before.

I will play through Super Metroid for the first time this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only ever played bits of it, at a friend's house twenty years ago!

This is so how I'm feeling right now. I had no idea Super Metroid was coming, and it's something I've been meaning to play for so long, now I finally can!!

This will also be my first time playing Super Metroid! I hear nothing but greatness about this game so I eagerly anticipate the VC release.

Yay, I was right; Here's a full breakdown, taken from the Nintendo UK official website of the trial offers coming up

21st February: F-Zero (Super NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 22nd March)

21st March: Punch-Out!! (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 19th April)

18th April: Kirby’s Adventure (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 17th May)

16th May: Super Metroid (Super NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 14th June)

13th June: Mario & Yoshi (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 12th July)

15th July: Donkey Kong (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 13th August)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/January/Grab-a-classic-NES-game-on-Wii-U-Virtual-Console-for-a-very-special-price--715660.html

I'm quite jealous of you guys getting to play Super Metroid for the first time. It really is one of the greatest games there ever has been!

This week:

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Join Mario and company on a journey to save the world of Subcon from the foul frog tyrant, Wart. Super Mario Bros. 2 offered freedom to explore levels not only horizontally but also vertically; while collecting power-ups, uprooting veggies to throw at enemies and seeking out hidden 'Sub-space' rooms. It was the first Mario title to let players control other characters like Princess Toadstool (Peach) and Toad; each with their own skills. It also featured the first appearance of many Mario series regulars, including Shy Guy and Birdo. This is the US version of the game.

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (Capcom, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

The third game in the legendary Ghosts'n Goblins series, Super Ghouls'n Ghosts follows brave Sir Arthur's quest through demon-infested lands to rescue the kidnapped princess. Battle through deadly stages and beat each level's boss to progress. But watch out: if Arthur is injured his armour breaks, leaving him only in his boxer shorts! Originally developed exclusively for Super NES, this supremely challenging platformer won critical acclaim and became an instant bestseller. This is the US version of the game.

Super Metroid (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €0.30/£0.30 (Ends June 14, normally €7.99)

Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.

When space pirates snatch the last remaining Metroid, bounty hunter Samus Aran is called back into action! Use new abilities like the grappling beam and x-ray scope to navigate the massive labyrinths of planet Zebes; battling enemies and enormous bosses with an arsenal of beams, missiles and bomb. Super Metroid is renowned as one of the greatest 2D action games ever made, and paved the way for the MetroidTM Prime series with its innovative blend of exploration, action and secrets galore.

This is the European version of the game, which was optimised originally by the developer to offer gameplay and music speed similar to the US version. Demos and animations may run at PAL speed. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release.

Good week for VC, want 2 titles, maybe all 3. Anyone recommend Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts? I haven't played before.

Good week for VC, want 2 titles, maybe all 3. Anyone recommend Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts? I haven't played before.

I highly recommend it! It's a fantastic game, with a real challenge and an amazing soundtrack. Get involved!

This week:

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Join Mario and company on a journey to save the world of Subcon from the foul frog tyrant, Wart. Super Mario Bros. 2 offered freedom to explore levels not only horizontally but also vertically; while collecting power-ups, uprooting veggies to throw at enemies and seeking out hidden 'Sub-space' rooms. It was the first Mario title to let players control other characters like Princess Toadstool (Peach) and Toad; each with their own skills. It also featured the first appearance of many Mario series regulars, including Shy Guy and Birdo. This is the US version of the game.

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (Capcom, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

The third game in the legendary Ghosts'n Goblins series, Super Ghouls'n Ghosts follows brave Sir Arthur's quest through demon-infested lands to rescue the kidnapped princess. Battle through deadly stages and beat each level's boss to progress. But watch out: if Arthur is injured his armour breaks, leaving him only in his boxer shorts! Originally developed exclusively for Super NES, this supremely challenging platformer won critical acclaim and became an instant bestseller. This is the US version of the game.

Super Metroid (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €0.30/£0.30 (Ends June 14, normally €7.99)

Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.

When space pirates snatch the last remaining Metroid, bounty hunter Samus Aran is called back into action! Use new abilities like the grappling beam and x-ray scope to navigate the massive labyrinths of planet Zebes; battling enemies and enormous bosses with an arsenal of beams, missiles and bomb. Super Metroid is renowned as one of the greatest 2D action games ever made, and paved the way for the MetroidTM Prime series with its innovative blend of exploration, action and secrets galore.

This is the European version of the game, which was optimised originally by the developer to offer gameplay and music speed similar to the US version. Demos and animations may run at PAL speed. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release.

Nice week!!!

I highly recommend it! It's a fantastic game, with a real challenge and an amazing soundtrack. Get involved!

Haha, I'll pick it up then. Looks pretty fun, but also hard.

Been playing a bit of Punch Out!! on the VC this weekend was in the mood to play it since I watched the Game Center CX episode Friday night as well, another game I haven't played much of before.

Good game also very tough, got up to the guy who teleports, haven't figure'd out how to block his special attack yet so I always ended up losing.

Ahh bollocks. Super Metroid is the EU 50hz version :(

At least Super G N' G is 60hz I guess. Gonna get that one for sure! (Always wanted a proper handheld rendition of that game! :D )

Haha, I'll pick it up then. Looks pretty fun, but also hard.

Been playing a bit of Punch Out!! on the VC this weekend was in the mood to play it since I watched the Game Center CX episode Friday night as well, another game I haven't played much of before.

Good game also very tough, got up to the guy who teleports, haven't figure'd out how to block his special attack yet so I always ended up losing.

When he does the teleport attack, keep blocking. He'll eventually get dizzy (an uppercut at that point will always knock him to the ground ;) )

When he does the teleport attack, keep blocking. He'll eventually get dizzy (an uppercut at that point will always knock him to the ground ;) )

He was killing me even when I blocked, though I might have been messing up and letting go of the button or try to dodge instead. Will try again later.