NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Oh god of course it does. For some reason in my mind I was thinking it was a controller swap dealie as you can't both play at the same time. Can you choose to play with two wiimotes with 2 player games, or does it still have to be a gamepad and wiimote?

Oh god of course it does. For some reason in my mind I was thinking it was a controller swap dealie as you can't both play at the same time. Can you choose to play with two wiimotes with 2 player games, or does it still have to be a gamepad and wiimote?

Of course you can :)

You can use any controller configuration you can think of. Wanna use 2 Wiimotes? No problem! Classic Controller for 1st player, Gamepad for 2nd? Sure!

You can even have two Player 1s! (one person on Gamepad and one person with another controller playing as the same character!) Makes for some crazy "co-op" fun! :D (Try playing Punchout, where one person makes Mac dodge and the other makes him punch, it's a good laugh :laughing:)

Edited by Dcubed

Doesn't help my current situation though - totally lost as to where to go next!

Haha, me too. Stuck just after getting the Gravity Suit. Decided to explore a bit and found some useful expansion packs so wasn't a huge waste of time. I ended up in a desert-y area wondering if I need some other upgrade.

Maridia is a reason enough to hate Super Metroid. That place is just annoying from start to finish, from horrible underwater platforming to various dead ends with nothing in them.

It is an enjoyable game, but Maridia does not give me any kind of enjoyment.

You can use any controller configuration you can think of. Wanna use 2 Wiimotes? No problem! Classic Controller for 1st player, Gamepad for 2nd? Sure!

You can even have two Player 1s! (one person on Gamepad and one person with another controller playing as the same character!) Makes for some crazy "co-op" fun! :D (Try playing Punchout, where one person makes Mac dodge and the other makes him punch, it's a good laugh :laughing:)

Oh god that sounds terrible yet hilarious. I remember playing Age of Empires online with a mate with us both controlling the same guys; really weird when you suddenly see the dudes you're trying to command doing something else.

Haha, me too. Stuck just after getting the Gravity Suit. Decided to explore a bit and found some useful expansion packs so wasn't a huge waste of time. I ended up in a desert-y area wondering if I need some other upgrade.

I don't think I have the gravity suit yet; not sure what my last upgrade actually was? Ice beam? Super jump? I ended up super bombing the corridoor, and I think I've ended up where Andyliini just mentioned from the sounds of it, and possibly where you were too? There was a weird deserty like sandfall area, got well stuck and found it very difficult to get out again!

Super Metroid + an online map = success.

Aye, ended up googling for walkthroughs; wanted some with pictures or a map so I could find my placement - think I'm getting there. Somehow I left the reddish fiery area to go back somewhere else, I must have gotten something there that I needed to progress here. Might give it a rest for tonight and do some hunting though.

Edited by Rummy

Maridia is a reason enough to hate Super Metroid. That place is just annoying from start to finish, from horrible underwater platforming to various dead ends with nothing in them.

Even gaining access to it is one of the most baffling bits of the game.

Yes, the wonderful days when games could baffle you! Going back and playing through Super Metroid I was shocked that I managed to complete it as a kid - but if I remember correctly (and I do) it came with a giant A4 guide book and maps!

When I started playing games they were about exploration, trial and error and working things out. You could spend hours wandering around before something 'clicked' and you figured out what to do next! It was a brilliant feeling to crack the nut and be able to move forward.

Now we have a generation of gamers who can't do anything without losing their patience and needing a built in guide. People laughed at Nintendo for having the Super Guide in Mario, but you can see why they did it! The confusion in the Super Metroid Miiverse is so epic.

When I started playing games they were about exploration, trial and error and working things out. You could spend hours wandering around before something 'clicked' and you figured out what to do next! It was a brilliant feeling to crack the nut and be able to move forward.

Conpletely agree. Love the feeling of figuring something out and then feeling quite proud of it. Normally happens when im playing through a zelda dungeon for the first time.

Games were better back when you got a guide when you bought them instead of having to ask people for help online.

Yes, the wonderful days when games could baffle you! Going back and playing through Super Metroid I was shocked that I managed to complete it as a kid - but if I remember correctly (and I do) it came with a giant A4 guide book and maps!

Now we have a generation of gamers who can't do anything without losing their patience and needing a built in guide. People laughed at Nintendo for having the Super Guide in Mario, but you can see why they did it! The confusion in the Super Metroid Miiverse is so epic.

I was a child of Megadrive, so this is actually my first time through Super Metroid. So far I am loving the fact that I keep hitting dead ends, go charging about, find a few missile and enery tank increases, and then come across the next door I need to go through.

It helps that I played all the Prime series and Fusion, so I know the gist of things I'm supposed to be doing and certain moves, but what a treat it is getting gazumped on parts and feeling nothing but freedom to explore. All for 30p!

All about the Nintendo Hotline my friends, all about the Nintendo Hotline.

Conpletely agree. Love the feeling of figuring something out and then feeling quite proud of it. Normally happens when im playing through a zelda dungeon for the first time.

I'll admit I am still having those moments in metroid - it's just so easy to look up help these days though.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, as a kid I had THIS...

Super-Metroid-SNES-Big-Box-Version-complete-Good-Condition.jpg

It made things a little easier but I remember rarely checking the guide.

Think I used the equivalent Yoshi's Island one more for those hidden red coins.

Super Metroid remains the greatest jigsaw ever created.

Why did NOA offer SMB2 at half price for SMW owners, and NOE only 20% off?

Why do NOA offer three new Kirby VC games 3-for-2, and NOE only two games, albeit at 30% off?

Edit: Latter question based on misinformation.

Edited by are1981

Next week Japan gets Pilotwings, Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack over here), and Mario Bros.

The US is getting at least Spelunker and Ghosts N' Goblins next week (SMB2 wasn't announced straight away when it was released last week so it's possible that Nintendo might be holding back something else)

BTW, random factoid. Looking at how many of the Wii VC games have now been re-released on the Wii U VC; In Japan, Nintendo have released 12 (not counting Mother 2) out of a total of 27 1st/2nd party SFC games and 4 out of a total of 44 1st/2nd party Famicom games.

I suspect that we'll be seeing mostly NES titles for the next few months now. They've gotten through a large chunk of their previously VC released SNES titles very quickly.

Edited by Dcubed

Why did NOA offer SMB2 at half price for SMW owners, and NOE only 20% off?

Why do NOA offer three new Kirby VC games 3-for-2, and NOE only two games, albeit at 30% off?

Edit: Latter question based on misinformation.

Didn't we get Kirby 3 much later on the Wii, too? Wonder if it's related to the original SNES title never getting a PAL release itself.

BTW, I just realised something... Miiverse is gonna be brilliant for custom puzzle sharing on Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack! You just make a puzzle, take a screenshot and you're done! :D I hope Nintendo are smart enough to realise this and make a separate puzzle sharing community on the game's Miiverse page... (oh and that we get it over here very quickly too ;) )

Didn't we get Kirby 3 much later on the Wii, too? Wonder if it's related to the original SNES title never getting a PAL release itself.

We did. In fact, the US got it on Wii before Japan did...

NA January 5, 2009

JP April 28, 2009

PAL July 24, 2009

Has anyone downloaded any of the Kirby games this week? I've never played either but I'm tempted to give them a go given the 30% discount.. plus I think Dream Course looks fun :grin:

Has anyone downloaded any of the Kirby games this week? I've never played either but I'm tempted to give them a go given the 30% discount.. plus I think Dream Course looks fun :grin:

You've never played either!?

reggie-whats-wrong-with-you-gif.1795

BUY BUY BUY!!! Both games are amazing and amongst the very best that the SNES had to offer!

You'd be outright stupid to not go and buy them both THIS INSTANT!!!

I've never been much of a Kirby fan, you see.. but I'll almost certainly get Dream Course when I come home from work this evening, at least :heh:

I never played the SNES original, but I did however play and enjoy Ultra.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Z70F9oudEdjmUhRXEGZFAjzhLl_FTCVzjygt_MNX4RRNnyX8

Perhaps the best Kirby game I've ever played, having played this with my brothers was probably one of the highlights.

I've never been much of a Kirby fan, you see.. but I'll almost certainly get Dream Course when I come home from work this evening, at least :heh:

Oh it is! It's kinda golf...with a kirby twist. I accidentally bought it, having played some other games(inc zelda 1) and kirby's adventure in Florida in 1996; I instantly fell in love with Kirby more than I already did due to his copy abilities(having had dream land on the GB). Ofc, I knew little about games then and it wasn't until I got something else(maybe LttP?) which came with a leaflet of 'upcoming games' did I get well excited when I saw Dream Course somewhere; it was a pic of Kirby parasolling into a hole. Cue what felt like years later, finally found/saw it in Woolworths and begged and begged for it. Was WELL dissappointed when it turned out not to be anything like standard Kirby platforming, but eventually I grew to love it(as you had to those days, a game or two a year I think we got; you played the shit out of whatever it was regardless how good it was).

I eventually, through luck and extreme bawling(note: actual bawling, not balling) obtained Superstar/Fun Pak some time later(felt like years, again) one a trip to lakeside. He's still one of my most favourite characters/serieseses.

Anyhoo this is all irrelevant. tl;dr - iiis good, you buy!

Edited by Rummy

alg.png

So is that just for the US being that we don't have Kirby's Dreamland 3 yet?

Nintendo... Y u do this to Europe?