NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Two Wii U VC games this week according to the press release

Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Pac-Man needs no introduction; it's one of the most popular video games ever made! Move Pac-Man through the mazes, avoiding ghosts and eating all the Pac-Dots. Beware though; each of the ghosts behave differently! When Pac-Man chomps a Power Pellet, he becomes invincible, and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don't forget to eat the bonus fruit, too!

Mega Man (CAPCOM, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Mega Man's original adventure blasts onto Nintendo eShop! The series became famous for its challenging mix of platforming and shoot 'em up action, and here you can see how it all began. As a super-robot created by the genius Dr. Light, it's up to Mega Man to traverse ten unique stages and beat the devious Robot Masters designed by evil Dr. Wily. Beating each boss allows Mega Man to use its trademark weapon, giving you an advantage in other stages - a technique still used in the series today.

Disappointing!!!

Two Wii U VC games this week according to the press release

Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Pac-Man needs no introduction; it's one of the most popular video games ever made! Move Pac-Man through the mazes, avoiding ghosts and eating all the Pac-Dots. Beware though; each of the ghosts behave differently! When Pac-Man chomps a Power Pellet, he becomes invincible, and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don't forget to eat the bonus fruit, too!

Mega Man (CAPCOM, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Mega Man's original adventure blasts onto Nintendo eShop! The series became famous for its challenging mix of platforming and shoot 'em up action, and here you can see how it all began. As a super-robot created by the genius Dr. Light, it's up to Mega Man to traverse ten unique stages and beat the devious Robot Masters designed by evil Dr. Wily. Beating each boss allows Mega Man to use its trademark weapon, giving you an advantage in other stages - a technique still used in the series today.

Terrible. 2 games a week already.

Won't be long before we start seeing 1 game every month...

Edit: Oh wow! 3DS is getting 4 NES games this week!

3DS

Balloon Fight (Nintendo, NES VC) - €3.99/£3.59

Ice Climber (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Super C (Konami, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Granted, 3 of them are Ambassador games that were previously made available on 3DS but still! 4 games is what I would've wanted to see as a minimum for this week on Wii U! (Why can't we have 4 games every week on both consoles!?)

Edited by Dcubed

Terrible. 2 games a week already.

Won't be long before we start seeing 1 game every month...

Edit: Oh wow! 3DS is getting 4 NES games this week!

Granted, 3 of them are Ambassador games that were previously made available on 3DS but still! 4 games is what I would've wanted to see as a minimum for this week on Wii U! (Why can't we have 4 games every week on both consoles!?)

I'll cop Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49 & Super C (Konami, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Been waiting for Super C for ages.

Wii U down to 2 games already blows and NES games as well. It's just so predictable.

Hmmm, was going to buy the Mega Man games for my 3DS but now I see Mega Man released at a slightly lower price of £3.49 on the Wii U. Looks like I'm waiting for that cross-play feature to kick in.

So predictable bullshit. Only 2 games and games we've had before. They really need to release new VC games and old ones for people to upgrade.

Why do Nintendo do this!! They're fucking painful sometimes.

So predictable bullshit. Only 2 games and games we've had before. They really need to release new VC games and old ones for people to upgrade.

Why do Nintendo do this!! They're fucking painful sometimes.

They operate in a bubble where they seem to ignore what the consumer wants.

Games that we previously owned and then upgrade, we only get the upgrade fee as the value for the points, right?

Games that we previously owned and then upgrade, we only get the upgrade fee as the value for the points, right?

- VAT yeah

i thought any games we already had on Wii virtual console would be avaliable to upgrade in the first week or so, well the Snes and Nes ones anyway.....looks like it will be christmas before i can upgrade super metroid and Alttp

i thought any games we already had on Wii virtual console would be avaliable to upgrade in the first week or so, well the Snes and Nes ones anyway.....looks like it will be christmas before i can upgrade super metroid and Alttp

Super Metroid will be in 3 weeks ;)

Really though, they need to recode every emulator for every game, which is why releases are staggered again

I look forward to A Link To The Past, Mega Man X, and lots of games I have never played. I might even try Mega Man! Never played any MM except MMX.

Why upgrade Super Metroid? Buy it 'new' for €0.30 in three weeks!

There really is no defence with this. Other companies don't seem to struggle! And if so, then fuck the games they've given us a million times and give us new stuff!

Super Metroid will be in 3 weeks ;)

Really though, they need to recode every emulator for every game, which is why releases are staggered again

It's not as hard as before though. This time, they already have working emulators for each game that is already available on the Wii VC that they can just port over very easily (especially easy considering that Wii U utilizes the same CPU architecture as the Wii). The fact that they already have SNES SA1 chip emulation up and running (as evidenced by Kirby Superstar's release in Japan) is further proof that it's a relatively easy task for them to pull off - as those games didn't start coming until around 2 years after the Wii launched.

The bulk of the time spent on each game would be QA and manual development. They could release games much more quickly than they currently are if they wanted to, but they're choosing to stagger them primarily for strategic reasons.

The bulk of the time spent on each game would be QA and manual development. They could release games much more quickly than they currently are if they wanted to, but they're choosing to stagger them primarily for strategic reasons.

Yes, most of this will be testing. You can't just update the emulator and expect every game to work right off the bat. I'm sure there's the problematic games as well which are more tricky to port over. Nintendo aren't just going to throw them up on the VC thinking "I'm sure it works". They need to make sure it works with the new features as well (Gamepad and saves states, with the Wii didn't have (it had the suspend states)).

And honestly, you want new games but how many NES and SNES games weren't already up on the Wii? Not many. Yoshi's Island?

"Other companies don't struggle" because they don't have the same level of content.

Sony had issues porting over some PSP games to Vita, the entire PSP library isn't even available. They took a while to implement PS1 games, granted they got most of the library up but I'm pretty sure they have fewer PS1 titles up than the VC.

PS4 won't even transfer anything. It may have Genkai support but that doesn't require porting the game/emulator code.

We've yet to see how Microsoft will handle things.

Never played any MM except MMX.

!!!!!! You're only missing the best MM's out there! 2 and 3 in particular are fantastic and I think commonly believed to be the best?

There really is no defence with this. Other companies don't seem to struggle! And if so, then fuck the games they've given us a million times and give us new stuff!

Other companies don't strive for perfection. There are always emulation issues and so forth, and many games aren't even released because they can't get it working to a sufficient quality on the emulator they put on the console

Other companies don't strive for perfection. There are always emulation issues and so forth, and many games aren't even released because they can't get it working to a sufficient quality on the emulator they put on the console

So you genuinely honestly truly believe that Nintendo couldn't release more VC gams each week?!

And if you do, why not give us some new games or work with 3rd parties to get their games on there.

I look forward to A Link To The Past, Mega Man X, and lots of games I have never played. I might even try Mega Man! Never played any MM except MMX.

!!!!!! You're only missing the best MM's out there! 2 and 3 in particular are fantastic and I think commonly believed to be the best?

Thought MM1 was considered to be pretty bad. MM2 seems to be highly liked out of the original series, wait for that one.

So you genuinely honestly truly believe that Nintendo couldn't release more VC gams each week?!

And if you do, why not give us some new games or work with 3rd parties to get their games on there.

They could but you can't have it both ways. You can't want an onslaught of like 20 VC titles a week, and for them to have their development teams all on full focus for Wii U software for the end of the year

They could but you can't have it both ways. You can't want an onslaught of like 20 VC titles a week, and for them to have their development teams all on full focus for Wii U software for the end of the year

That's what M2 are for ;)

You really think it takes that much away from other development?!

Okay, because you're reluctant to answer properly. No one wants time taken away from new 3DS and Wii U games, so no compromise. We want 5 releases every week, a few new a few old VC games we can upgrade. You think this is not possible?!

Given the wasteland that is the Wii U release list you could be mistaken in thinking that Nintendo had in fact put everyone on porting the VC games. :D

Lets remember this isnt day 1 of the console release. This is 6 months later and I think its fair for people to expect more games on the VC after 6 months. To release 2 games this week that have already been released on the 3DS to me is wrong. Six months waiting and this is really the best we can get?

Lets remember this isnt day 1 of the console release. This is 6 months later and I think its fair for people to expect more games on the VC after 6 months. To release 2 games this week that have already been released on the 3DS to me is wrong. Six months waiting and this is really the best we can get?

It's almost as if they have to redo the stuff for the Wii U.

It doesn't matter if it's on another console or not, the architecture isn't the same

It's almost as if they have to redo the stuff for the Wii U.

It doesn't matter if it's on another console or not, the architecture isn't the same

I get that but why release those two games? They have a whole library to choose from and the first update we get are these two. Its weak!!