NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I want gun smoke, festers quest and bayou billy
You'll get Zelda II, Metroid and NES Open Tournament Golf and you'll be happy.

Taken from GAF

Good idea, it's only fair that we compare the Virtual Console lineup six months after the launch of each console. Don't forget, the Wii and Wii were both released on November 18th.

Wii U Virtual Console

NES:

Balloon Fight

Donkey Kong Jr.

Excitebike

Ice Climber

Kirby's Adventure

Punch-Out!! (April 26th, 2013)

SNES:

F-Zero

Super Mario World (April 26th, 2013)

Total number of games: 8

Wii Virtual Console

NES:

Donkey Kong

Mario bros.

Pinball

Soccer

Solomon's Key

The Legend of Zelda

Wario's Woods

Donkey Kong Jr.

Ice Hockey

Tennis

Super Mario bros.

Baseball

Urban Champion

Gradius

Xevious

Ice Climber

Kid Icarus

Kirby's Adventure

The Legend of Kage

Elevator Action

Tecmo Bowl

Excitebike

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Galaga

Punch-Out!!

Castlevania (April 30th, 2007)

SNES:

F-Zero

SimCity

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Super Castlevania IV

R-Type III: The Third Lightning

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Contra III: The Alien Wars

Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire

Gradius III

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (April 30th, 2007)

N64:

Super Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Star Fox 64 (April 2nd, 2007)

Sega Genesis:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Altered Beast

Ecco the Dolphin

Golden Axe

Columns

Ristar

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Gunstar Heroes

Space Harrier II

ToeJam & Earl

Bonanza bros.

Comix Zone

Gain Ground

Streets of Rage

Bio-Hazard Battle

Sword of Vermilion

Sonic Spinball

Beyond Oasis

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Virtua Fighter 2

Wonder Boy in Monster World (April 23rd, 2007)

TurboGrafx-16:

Bomberman '93

Bonk's Adventure

Super Star Soldier

Victory Run

Alien Crush

Military Madness

R-Type

Dungeon Explorer

Soldier Blade

Moto Roader

Vigilante

New Adventure Island

Chew Man Fu

Double Dungeons

Splatterhouse

Dragon's Curse

Bravo Man

Bonk's Revenge

Battle Load Runner

Shockman (April 30th, 2007)

Total number of games: 84

Not much needs to be said other than pretty shocking from nintendo to give a worse service on the wii u.

For reference the Wii VC launched with

Donkey Kong

Mario Bros.

Pinball

Soccer

Solomon's Key

The Legend of Zelda

Wario's Woods

F-Zero

SimCity

Super Mario 64

Altered Beast

Sonic the Hedgehog

I just dont understand why the Wii U VC starts with a worse lineup 6 months later.

Edited by liger05

That GAF post is bollocks, it's hardly fair comparing a 6 month old Wii VC to a day 1 WiiU VC, regardless of how long into the console lifespan they are. It'd be ridiculous for Nintendo to release 84 games or anywhere near that number from the first day. 8 is about right.

8 is about right.

Not really. Around 15 would of been the sweet spot with a few more Snes titles.

Yeah, just too much expectation for day one, although day one NoA can't get much poorer than that. It's hardly the VC launch, more like the launch of a place-holder.

People want games flying left right and centre. I hardly think anyone at Nintendo is just sat there playing waste bin basketball. They're finding SD to HD a struggle and everything is streched... that's the reality.

If it was as simple to just plop the whole Wii VC onto Wii U (which still wouldn't be satisfactory I'm sensing), they'd do it, but obviously they aren't so logic suggests the EMUs need rewriting for the Wii U on an individual game basis.

As reality sets in the VC launch day will be nothing to write home about, the GAF paddy wack ripples through the hive-mind.

Wii U should have launched with Wii U Zen: The Art of Patience ... or beer ... beer's always good. :o)

I wish they'd release Kung Fu to download too but I'm probably the only one in the world who would consider that a day 1 purchase lol.

You're not the only one! Amazing game!

Completely agree, Kung Fu was fantastic! I remember getting it for my birthday from Toys R Us :grin:

Completely agree, Kung Fu was fantastic! I remember getting it for my birthday from Toys R Us :grin:

Great to see some love for Kung Fu - now we must storm Miiverse!!!!! I remember my cousin had it and I used to play it every time we visited. Never made it past level 2 tho!

You'll get Zelda II, Metroid and NES Open Tournament Golf and you'll be happy.

It's funny and painful because it's true...

I played Kung Fu more on the arcade, loved it. Be nice to get more of these obscure titles we haven't been fed 10 times already!

@madeinbeats Too much to expect for Day 1?...

I don't see why the entire Wii Virtual console can't be made available on Day 1 on the Wii U... what is there for them to do?

They'll get more sales if they drip feed us titles, rather than release a huge library in one go.

@madeinbeats Too much to expect for Day 1?...

I don't see why the entire Wii Virtual console can't be made available on Day 1 on the Wii U... what is there for them to do?

Just read the post again lol, you missed a large part of it. It's not too much to ask if the VC launched later, which is probably the best point to be argued here.

Nintendo DO need to drip feed it, never doubted that. But they need to be more fucking aware, rather than this going trend of cluelessness. The people who are going to be diving into the virtual console straight away (in the main) are people who are going to have games on the Wii and/or 3ds VC; they should propvide SOMETHING new for those people. They also should have launched with more varied and bigger starting selection that. 15-20 to start with and then 5 every week would be fantastic. And each week or maybe even just each month there should be a brand new title we haven't had yet!

Nintendo have a habit of selling us the same old shit time and time again. They're doing it again.

So... Hey! About that VC update for Europe...

Japan gets 12 games, US gets 8 and EU gets 0? Looks like it...

EU VC to launch with GBA titles:

NES Classic: Super Mario Bros.

NES Classic: Donkey Kong

NES Classic: Ice Climber

NES Classic: Excitebike

NES Classic: The Legend of Zelda

NES Classic: Pac-Man

NES Classic: Xevious

NES Classic: Bomberman

;)

Wii U Virtual Console launch with: Super Mario World, Excitebike, Mario’s Super Picross, F-Zero, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong Jr and Punch-Out!!

Pac Man, Super Metroid, Mega Man, Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros. series will be available soon on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Wii U Virtual Console launch with: Super Mario World, Excitebike, Mario’s Super Picross, F-Zero, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong Jr and Punch-Out!!

Pac Man, Super Metroid, Mega Man, Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros. series will be available soon on the Wii U Virtual Console.

I think I might pick up Super Mario World and Excitebike out of those initial offerings.

How much do they cost again?

I think I might pick up Super Mario World and Excitebike out of those initial offerings.

How much do they cost again?

NES games are £3.49, SNES games are £5.49.

Upgrading is 99p for NES games and £1.49 for SNES games.

NES games are £3.49, SNES games are £5.49.

Upgrading is 99p for NES games and £1.49 for SNES games.

So is it all up and running?!?! How does it detect if you already have the game?! Does it auto know from club nintendo or does it have to be on wii mode!

So is it all up and running?!?! How does it detect if you already have the game?! Does it auto know from club nintendo or does it have to be on wii mode!

It launches tomorrow so not sure know yet.

All the titles are 60hz according to ONM.

Edited by Ike

It launches tomorrow so not sure know yet.

All the titles are 60hz according to ONM apart from Super Mario Picross which didn't have a US release.

Super Mario Picross is 60hz. They're saying that all of the games are the US versions, except for MSP, which is the Japanese version (as it was originally never released outside Japan) - meaning that it runs in 60hz, like all Japanese games do :)

Super Mario Picross is 60hz. They're saying that all of the games are the US versions, except for MSP, which is the Japanese version (as it was originally never released outside Japan) - meaning that it runs in 60hz, like all Japanese games do :)

Oh, of course. Don't know why I thought MSP was 50hz.

Does anybody know if you lose the access to your Wii version if you upgrade it to the Wii U? I know it seems silly to ask but you never know with Nintendo.