NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Come the fuck on man. They could of had a few more Snes titles, hell it wouldn't of killed them to have a couple of N64 games aswell. I don't care about the NES games, as good as some of them are I have no desire to play them. Its not like they're short on other console titles to release.

Considering theres shit all coming out for the Wii U right now they could of made a bigger push with the VC to keep people going.

So everyone to Miiverse to complain eh? Sounds good.

edit -

this might be Japan's list

1. Ice Climber

2. Excitebike

3. Xevious

4. River City Ransom

5. Balloon Fight

6. Spelunker

7. Kirby's Adventure

8. Super Mario World

9. Mario's Super Picross

10. F-Zero

11. Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu

12. Super Ghouls'n Ghosts

13. EarthBound

God I hope we get Super Ghouls n Ghosts.

Edited by bryanee

Ooh Xevious and Ice Climber :)

Have Nintendo actually confirmed they will bring Gamecube games to Virtual Console? Seems a stretch somehow...

Have Nintendo actually confirmed they will bring Gamecube games to Virtual Console? Seems a stretch somehow...

Some hints here and there. I don't see why they couldn't, you can download PS2 titles on the PS3.

Edited by bryanee

Given Nintendo's obsession with releasing NES and SNES games, I just find it hard to imagine them releasing something as big as a Gamecube game for some reason. Hopefully I'm wrong but you'd have thought they'd have officially mentioned it by now.

Personally, I think they should start as they mean to go on - ie. launch the Virtual Console with the main 1st-party games everyone wants, then add the 3rd-party ones later (assuming that's not so easy for them). Something like this:

SNES - Super Mario World, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past

N64 - Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask

...Then add Capcom, Konami etc as time goes on.

And yeah, at least represent every Nintendo console they plan to support. Personally, I don't think Wii U will feature GameCube games on the Virtual Console though, which might have contributed to their decision to remake Wind Waker.

The EU Nintendo Direct did show footage of Kirby Super Star and Mario's Super Picross, so hopefully (SHIBATA! PLEASE!!!) our lineup will be much better than the US one...

Either way, voicing your dissatisfaction on Miiverse is probably the best thing to do. They're most likely to listen to us there...

Edited by Dcubed

We waited 6 months for the VC to launch and this is what we get?!

What's with always the same old NES and SNES games, over and over and over and over... on EVERYTHING!

Why isn't it launching with N64 and Gamecube games as nice surprise!?

It did need to launch with something that has never been released before. A prime game to fit this criteria would have been Earthbound. Hell, they should have just scrapped the NES/SNES stuff for now ( due to having it already on Wii/3DS ) and just went with the GBA titles. At least it would have been something different.

i want canon fodder from the SNES, loved that game, oh and boxing legends of the ring.

It shouldn't be a stretch :hmm: Nintendo should have Wii games available to download on Wii U, never mind GC.. and the same goes for DS games on 3DS!

The NoA VC release list highlights the reasons I'm not excited at all for the Virtual Console on Wii U..

It shouldn't be a stretch :hmm: Nintendo should have Wii games available to download on Wii U, never mind GC.. and the same goes for DS games on 3DS!

The NoA VC release list highlights the reasons I'm not excited at all for the Virtual Console on Wii U..

It’s not good enough. Look at the 3DS VC. It’s been 2 years and it’s still pathetic.

With the Wii U they said the VC wasn’t ready at launch and then 6 months later its ready to go and once again they disappoint with the list of games available.

There are no excuses and its again Nintendo letting us down. My Wii U will continue to collect dust.

I'm guessing the issues they might have with Wii/GC games on the Wii U is how they'd pass the disc image to the Wii hardware. They can't even do a hook to launch straight into a Wii game disc from the Wii U menu.

Then there's the issue of emulating a GameCube controller which the Wii hardware would accept. Plus, because they've dropped analogue shoulder buttons, we don't have any Wii U controller capable of matching the GameCube inputs.

And, in relation to the VC launch, was anybody actually expecting anything different from Nintendo? They've always been scared of over saturating the market with their old games.

Edited by V. Amoleo

This is the NA VC line up

-Punch-Out!!

-Balloon Fight

-Kirby's Adventure

-Donkey Kong JR

-Ice climber

-Excitebike

-Super Mario World

-F-Zero

...My Wii U will continue to collect dust.

No way have you got a WiiU?! You'd been so negative about it even before launch, why on earth did you bother picking one up? lol

Get MH3U and join us, it'll give you plenty of hours of gameplay... unless you've tried it and hate it of course, then it wouldn't, haha.

No way have you got a WiiU?! You'd been so negative about it even before launch, why on earth did you bother picking one up? lol

Get MH3U and join us, it'll give you plenty of hours of gameplay... unless you've tried it and hate it of course, then it wouldn't, haha.

Got it on the 3DS. Great game but dont need it on the Wii U yet.

Got the Wii U for £199 at launch. Too good of a price not to get but even so I dont see what relevance that has to Nintendo giving us a pathetic list of VC games.

To both satisfy fans and still hold back, they should release four to eight games per week, until Wii U catches up to the Wii, then release at a steady pace, one or two titles per week.

I only ever bought one VC title on Wii, Donkey Kong Country, because of lack of an Nintendo Network ID, and I would love to repurchase all my childhood memories on Wii U. Come take my money, Nintendo!

Some hints here and there. I don't see why they couldn't, you can download PS2 titles on the PS3.

Exactly!... You can download PS3 games on the PS3, you can download Wii U games on the Wii U!...

Gamecube would be simple by comparison!

I know it's not ever going to happen, but man I wish the gamecube controllers would remain compatible with the WiiU for virtual console games. I love those controllers so much.

Also that lineup IS really weak, aren't people tired of playing balloon fighter, donkey kong junior and excitebike by now haha?

I already have all these on my 3DS and there is no way I would ever buy them again.

I am however looking forward to playing earthbound. It really does seem august would be the best time to pick up a WiiU, most good stuff appears to be coming around that period.

This is a pile of pish. Every VC game on the Wii should be available instead of going through all this nonsense again. I'm so close to jumping ship with this console and I've never thought that in the past.

To both satisfy fans and still hold back, they should release four to eight games per week, until Wii U catches up to the Wii, then release at a steady pace, one or two titles per week.

I agree with this, if the titles build up quickly then this may not be as bad as the reaction it's getting would have you believe. If however we get to the lows of getting 1 game a week if we were lucky again like with the Wii we will probably wind up with the same titles available as the Wii has today (plus Earthbound of course).

I will agree that the US launch list is quite poor (to put it mildly), especially with half the games being part of the 30p promotion, that said I can see that releasing everything in one go would mean that there will be games that get buried by the obvious high profile names - remember Nintendo are probably hoping to reach people that didn't pay attention to the Wii's VC service as well and are probably more likely to attract people to games by remarketing them as weekly downloads than just waiting for people to stumble upon them while browsing.

Also that lineup IS really weak, aren't people tired of playing balloon fighter, donkey kong junior and excitebike by now haha?

I will NEVER tire of playing Excitebike, too much of my childhood is wrapped up in that game. I wish they'd release Kung Fu to download too but I'm probably the only one in the world who would consider that a day 1 purchase lol.

I want Pro-Wrestling!

Nesprowrestlingbox.jpg

Plenty fire pro wrestling games they could get on the VC but they never did with the Wii