N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hero-of-Time

Game looks awesome.

Why did they change the Link for the artwork? Its so much worse now.

mLL20Uw.jpg

I... prefer the newer one ;_;

I 'get' that the older one not-so-subtly harks back to the original LTTP design, but I just think the newer one has so much more personality. Can't really be doing with nostalgia for nostalgia's sake.

Looks like such a goof in the newer one, not a hero! Silly decisions.

Anyhow, I was previously quite 'meh' about the idea of this and how good it'll be, but once again it seems the Directs are working, and it's gotten me interested! Then this thread too! Kinda glad it's only a few months away; not sure I'll get it on release(might wait to see what people think) but definitely interested. Not sure entirely how I feel about the rather very similar looking overworld and if Ninty's been super lazy - but it's such a small snippet I'll hope it's not that bad. Would certainly wonder what lies in the woods now though...

Has this game been delayed becuse The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide comes out 31st December http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0804162727/ref=pe_385721_37986871_pe_364681_36330151_item

So there is a collectors edition? I just preordered the standard version a couple of days ago :blank:

Oh and I wouldn't wouldn't worry about, the guides don't always come out at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, why can't that "rating pening" or the actual rating logo go on the white section of the box where the Nintendo3DS logo is and not on the actual art...ruining it? I don't mean it just for this game, but for all of them. It's not as if there is no other space on the box where the logo can go.

What is it with America and gold. I got the artwork that's used for that on the press site and it looks SO much better not gold

How many times does it need repeating... gold boxes are traditional for Zelda games, the vast majority of titles have them.

Collecting rupees will be more important than ever in Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Eiji Aonuma reveals more about the Link To The Past sequel in exclusive interview with ONM

Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has told Official Nintendo Magazine that collecting rupees will be very important in The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

In an exclusive interview which appears in the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazime, Aonuma discussed his working relationship with Miyamoto, Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds.

On the subject of A Link Between Worlds, Aonuma said: "Collecting rupees, the currency of the Zelda world, will be very important in this game. You might think that was the case with all the past games too, but I must say that this time it will be more important than ever and you will need to collect a great deal of them."

So why do you need to collect so many rupees? Aonuma wouldn't tell us more but could it have something to do with the shop, a screenshot for which was displayed on Miiverse following the latest Nintendo Direct?

image_59447_thumb_wide930.jpg

Aonuma explained that the shop - manned by a Nabbit lookalike - will be a very important place in A Link Between Worlds as it is different from past stores in the games?

He said: "Shops in the past Zelda games sold things that would run out once you use them like arrows and bombs, items that needed replenishing. They have never sold an item that doesn't go away after each use like the boomerang or the hookshot."

Will you have to collect lots of rupees to buy these items? Hopefully Aonuma will reveal more soon.

If you want to read the full interview with Eiji Aonuma, buy issue 99 of Official Nintendo Magazine.

Issue 100 of Official Nintendo Magazine will feature another Nintendo legend. Not only will it boast a Shigeru Miyamoto interview but the creator of Mario has drawn a special subscribers-only cover. There's still time to subscribe for £9.99 to ensure you get this cover.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/53765/collecting-rupees-will-be-more-important-than-ever-in-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/

I don't own a 3DS but I'd love one just for this game.

This suggests to me that all dungeon specific items are sold directly from the shop, meaning that you can complete the dungeons in any non-specific order you like.

Aonuma has recently said he wants to go back to the non-linearity based exploration if the first game. Lets hope it happens.