N-Europe

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, don't have that one available yet, still got some earlier quests to do though.

Think you have to do every village quest for that one to appear. :hmm:

Yeah, you do. I have 5 left to do before it unlocks but I keep playing online. :D

My nephew has just text me saying that Ala has fallen. He likes to keep me updated with his progress and also rub it in that he is playing the game while I stuck at work. :(

Can I have some people to help me out on Saturday, during the day if possible? Just basically to get me through some early quests.

I don't have much free time to play this game and it really obviously requires a bit of a commitment... so I think a long session on a few days is better than a half heartedly half an hour every day.

Big shout out to @S\.C\.G and @Zechs Merquise for helping me get up to HR3 last night, feel like I've gotten over a great hurdle.

My next few days will be spent improving my equipment and helping out other noobs so give me a shout if you need help with low rank quests, I'm not overpowered so should be alright

Can I have some people to help me out on Saturday, during the day if possible? Just basically to get me through some early quests.

I don't have much free time to play this game and it really obviously requires a bit of a commitment... so I think a long session on a few days is better than a half heartedly half an hour every day.

I'll be free if you want to team up? Just pm me with a time and I'll pop online.

Happy to help! Just set a time and we can hook up.

...There's a great deal of satisfaction gained from helping people in this game. I often run into random a town, see what they want doing, help them with a couple of quests and then move on to the next one.

I would like to hunt with you guys but there seems to be 'No Hero Allowed' policy. :(

I'm happy to hunt with you. I'm sure the others are too, they probably just think that you're too overpowered and it'll take away from their experience with the game. If you equip low rank weapons and don't go all out in battle I'm sure they'd not mind. That's what I've been doing, keeping my equipment on par with the monsters I fight so as to not do the battle yourself.

I'm happy to hunt with you. I'm sure the others are too, they probably just think that you're too overpowered and it'll take away from their experience with the game.

That's because I am! RAAAWRRRR!!! HERO SMASH! :p

I'm willing to help anyone who needs it. All you have to do is shoot a message to me. I've helped a few peeps on here kill stuff and rank up. Just because i'm a high rank doesn't mean I haven't helped people on the way. 170+ hours of gaming on the same game means there has been plenty time spread around for everybody. :D

The biggest laugh of the night was me thinking Lots had put a Darth Vader helmet on his Cha-Cha. My nephew started going on about force choking Jho and at that point I completely lost it. Once again I had to turn off my headset during to laughing far too much.

I lost it when he started going on about emptying all the crap out of his item box and throwing it all at Jho . :laughing:

Anyways, now my obsession with getting HR7 done and having my experience points back is over, I'm also up for helping anyone who needs it.

I'm happy to hunt with you. I'm sure the others are too, they probably just think that you're too overpowered and it'll take away from their experience with the game. If you equip low rank weapons and don't go all out in battle I'm sure they'd not mind. That's what I've been doing, keeping my equipment on par with the monsters I fight so as to not do the battle yourself.

Yeah, I agree with that, trying to stay away from low rank quests etc because it would totally mess up the experience for those people. However, should I need some materials, I have no problem in going in and farming those...

HR35. Did some hallowed jhens last night, he's a pretty cool fellow. Think I got all the materials for his armor too. Too bad every g rank armor has some crippling elemental weakness xS Anyway, monsters that I still haven't fought are Gold Rath, Abyss Lagia and Alatreon. Tried my first Lucent Narga yesterday as well, quite a pain in the ass...

Anyway, just beat single player (first credits anyway) and maxed all my kitchen ingredients. Did both of the g rank quests with Cha-Cha and Kayamba. Baggi x2 + Brachydios was still somewhat ok, but Ludroth + Green Plesioth in the fish tank went a bit too close. Died twice and kept on cursing all the way to the end : D If you want more challenge, do give the g rank quests a solo try...

Guess I have to do the rest of the village quests next. Looking forward to that triple arena quest in the end...not.

Btw, @RedShell have you noticed there's a 7 star mask in the Argosy rare catalogue? Seems to be a good luck mask or something like that. Seems you have to night hunt Jho for that, since he's the only 7-star monster capable of roaming the island : D

Edited by Ville

I would like to hunt with you guys but there seems to be 'No Hero Allowed' policy. :(

You've already done 175 hours!!! Everyone playing it at the lower levels aren't going to be that good and are slowly ranking up together enjoying the excitment at their own pace.

We did a triple hunt last night where we had to kill three of the under water wyverns in a row. We had two faints and finally it was a real nail biter. That wouldn't be the case had someone of your calibre been there!

It's not that people don't want to play with you, it's just you'll just remove the fun of the game until we've all got past the lower ranks and are more of an even footing with you!

I'm willing to help anyone who needs it. All you have to do is shoot a message to me. I've helped a few peeps on here kill stuff and rank up. Just because i'm a high rank doesn't mean I haven't helped people on the way. 170+ hours of gaming on the same game means there has been plenty time spread around for everybody. :D

Personally I'd be grateful for your help and would be a fool to refuse it, I know I've only fought alongside you and Lost once but I really enjoyed myself and I think that if I were to play a game with either of you again that wouldn't change. : peace:

However...

You've already done 175 hours!!! Everyone playing it at the lower levels aren't going to be that good and are slowly ranking up together enjoying the excitment at their own pace.

We did a triple hunt last night where we had to kill three of the under water wyverns in a row. We had two faints and finally it was a real nail biter. That wouldn't be the case had someone of your calibre been there!

It's not that people don't want to play with you, it's just you'll just remove the fun of the game until we've all got past the lower ranks and are more of an even footing with you!

... I kind of hear where Zechs is coming from too but ultimately I don't mind some of the quests becoming 'easier' due to having a very experienced hunter in the party though I suppose sometimes it's fun to play certain quests with those who are the same level as you. :)

But I don't think it's the be-and-end-all, so if I'm on and am playing with my Fiance - who is really starting to enjoy the game now - then there will always be a space for you Hero or anyone else who wishes to join. :hehe:

Btw, RedShell have you noticed there's a 7 star mask in the Argosy rare catalogue? Seems to be a good luck mask or something like that. Seems you have to night hunt Jho for that, since he's the only 7-star monster capable of roaming the island : D
I had indeed noticed that Mask, I now own it too. :cool:

Yeah, I finally got my hands on that one today. Had to fight Jho twice as well, because the first time I didn't get the commodity! :shakehead

That mask acts like a Farcaster, allowing you to return to base camp at will! I hope that it also improves luck as it claims, will let you know. :smile:

Anyway, my Shakalaka mask collection is now complete! :yay:

maskscomplete.jpg

maskcollection.jpg

1. Acorn Mask
  2. Grill Mask
  3. Fluffy Mask
  4. Mystery Pot Mask
  5. Pincer Mask
  6. Lamp Mask
  7. Ancient Mask
  8. False Felyne
  9. Mock Melynx
  10. Stink Mask
  11. Whetstone Mask
  12. Artillery Mask
  13. Pitfall Mask
  14. Kebab-boo
  15. Rathalos Mask
  16. Nulberry Mask
  17. Gag Gargwa
  18. Ultimate Mask
  19. Idol Mask

Now to level 'em up! :hehe:

Shame we miss out on 3 masks that the Japanese got though. :(

Check those out here, the last 3 on this list.

Starting some HR1 questing in a mo of anyone wants to join? Password is N-E.

Any help finishing off the Qurepeco would gratefully received. He keeps summoning some spiky dragon to spoil my plans...

Edited by daftada

Cant during the day but if you are still on at night i can give you a hand, ill keep an eye out for you on the friends list ^_^

Im going to take you up on that one of these days lol, i could do with a hand later to build the rest of my UFO Grendizer armor (from that one monster that spins itself around by its tail).

That Pink Rolly in the Volcano is harder than it looks, wouldnt be so bad but that green poison it sprays out is a killer if you are low on health! Need to work on getting my immunity higher

Fought Hallowed Jhen for the first time last night, thing was a piece of cake. I was expecting a major upgrade from the normal one, just like Abysall Lagi, but the thing is weak as ever. We defeated it 4 times and 3 of those times he didn't even get to the boat in the final phase. We actually allowed him to get to the boat on the 4th try purely because I wanted to use the dragonator. :D

I need to work on pushing through the early hours of this game. Ive only done 2 or 3 of the first quests and havent been back to it for a few days now. I know it gets better though so I need to get back to it.

It's well worth persevering with :) the game only really 'clicked' with me around 15-20 hours in and now you can barely get me off the game! :D

Did you get the Wii U version? If so I'd be happy to help out online. : peace:

It's well worth persevering with :) the game only really 'clicked' with me around 15-20 hours in and now you can barely get me off the game! :D

Did you get the Wii U version? If so I'd be happy to help out online. : peace:

Yeah I did. Im planning on playing for a couple more hours before I head online but once I do that'd be good thanks.

Yeah I did. Im planning on playing for a couple more hours before I head online but once I do that'd be good thanks.

Cool, will probably be on tonight and tomorrow night if you're online by then so feel free to add me, I won't really be around next week much but after that I'll be on the game at least most evenings. :)

Need to farm the Lagiacrus now to progress the story, not looking forward to that. Should be able to handle the hunt quest. I could upgrade my bow first but I need a Scalding Pleura from Agnaktor, might jump online and hunt him since the upgrade would help a lot (or farm Lagiacrus online I suppose).

Farmed Volvidon last night and made his armour though I'm not too impressed with it.

Never thought I would be happy to get Cha-cha back but he helps a lot with distracting monsters. Plus his and Kayamba's interactions are rather amusing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!