NEurope
Cube

Drive Club

Honestly can't get over how stunning this looks. Really hope the driving has that PGR vibe to it - easy to learn, difficult to master.

At the very least, from the videos I've seen, this has a brilliant sense of speed.

I've said it before, it's the fact that all the lighting and weather is simulated and that all these systems interact with each other. I want tech like this use in more games, like in the next Killzone where the weather and time of day for missions is randomised. Imagine playing a level in summer at night so you can hide in bushes, the same one in winter with white-outs or the enemy might be able to track your footprints in the snow, another time in torrential rain and some of the level is submerged. I'm interesting in all that. Linear games with dynamic conditions.

Instantly upgrading to the full game on it's release. Probably my most anticipated game this year.

Explain this different version thing to me, it makes no sense....I have PS Plus and just pre ordered this game from amazon...

Explain this different version thing to me, it makes no sense....I have PS Plus and just pre ordered this game from amazon...

I think you only get to play the tracks from one country in the Plus version, probably some other stuff missing like cars too.

I think you only get to play the tracks from one country in the Plus version, probably some other stuff missing like cars too.

That's right but you can upgrade to the full version for a slightly cheaper price than the retail disc. So if you have PS Plus it makes sense just to upgrade and download it.

^ If a picture is worth a thousand words, then that Gif is worth around a million.

:heart:

Stunning.

Did I tell you that the dashboard is reflected on the front side window? I realized this when watching gameplay at Gamescom.

I was amazed and impressed. The details in this game are awesome.

I was part of the beta. Was awesome. Looks even better in person. It feels more alive and 3D than whats out there currently. Closest comparison is proabably the last outrun arcade games scenery wise but much nicer. Handling is very good. Much much more interesting than say the current bunch of GRID and NFS games as its not too arcadey but there is plenty of depth when it comes to doing time trials etc.

Quite liked the leveling up mechanic. You earn points ala Kudos points like in PGR but its more mature here and you cant just cheese it. The whole thing is very dynamic. Multiplayer and single player are very seamless. The online functinality and UI is top notch.

kjtwkz.gif

Some impressions off a beta player on NeoGaf.

- Image quality and AA is not an issue. This is playing the beta on a 50" Panasonic Plasma that has been calibrated (though I have sharpness up to 15). Aliasing is definitely visable, but it's not distracting and is barely noticeable while racing.

- Gameplay really is fantastic. I've played a lot of racing games. From Burnout, PGR, Need For Speed series, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo, Forza (though not the Horizon series) and more. The car handling feels semi realistic, so a mix or realism and PGR style arcade, though I think it leans more towards realism.

- Plenty of content/events/challenges. I'm not going into details on these, you'll have to wait until release.

- Graphically it is the best racing game I've played (haven't played PC racing games). At first I didn't think it looked that great, but then you keep racing and it just hits you. It's stunning, and just feels so rich. The environments just feel like they've had so much attention and it really brings the races to life. I haven't really experienced this before, it's just very dense. Motion blur is really well implemented, it doesn't feel distracting at all.

- Sound quality is obviously amazing.

- There is no rubber banding. Though the AI does remind me of Motorstorm in how aggressive the other drivers can be. No mercy here.

Getting excited for this.

ib1DOyO4df68Uc.gif

Edited by Daft

I haven't pre-ordered this yet, still undecided to get it straight away as I'm getting Alien the same day.

In game footage definitely looks WAY worse than those gifs and stuff though showing the graphics. Do we still get a version of this free on plus?!

The game looks worse than in those gifs? Whatever you're smoking, I don't want it.

The game looks worse than in those gifs? Whatever you're smoking, I don't want it.

lol. GIFs generally compress the fuck out of videos to render the quality worse. How can videos look worse than GIFs?

Oh yeah, definitely. I meant more that the second GIF had a grainy sort of texture to it due to some compression effects. I meant if he'd seen the source footage the GIF was made from, I don't see how it could look worse than the GIF.

A different video with poor compression can definitely leave you with a worse impression though.

I just meant the earlier gifs looked like real life, the new stuff looks like a game. Still impressive, but not quite as impressive to me. So is this coming to plus still? Not a huge fan of racing sims but would really like to try this out

Yeah you get one country, I think India and so many tracks and cars as well.

I just meant the earlier gifs looked like real life, the new stuff looks like a game. Still impressive, but not quite as impressive to me. So is this coming to plus still? Not a huge fan of racing sims but would really like to try this out

Eh I think it looks better than it did. Much like Infamous the game has just got better looking as time as gone on and even surpassed earlier target footage.

As someone who has played it. I wouldnt worry about the visuals. The actual game is sharper than the videos we have. :)

This is showcase game for the system. I would place it above Killzone and Second Son.

With this supposed delay on the weather system not coming with the game until later, gives us a good chance to practice the tracks then completely bugger up with the ice.

1 month to go, bring it on.

Lets hope its great. I enjoyed this beta unlike Destiny's.

I think the beta pretty much was the Plus version of the game. It only had tracks for India. But it played well and seemed great for the long term. Lots to do. Hoping Evolution deliver fully.

Free tracks = Sweet.

Will probably hold off the season pass until November, got a lot of purchases in October. October 8th will be a good day, will have to split time between this and the new NBA arriving on the same day.