NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns... Returns!

I want it for my 3ds. Waggle controls suck. Plus it's part of the free game deal Nintendo just announced. :)

I want it for my 3ds. Waggle controls suck. Plus it's part of the free game deal Nintendo just announced. :)

Aye, i'm considering a 3rd title so i can get a freebee. Got this and Animal Crossing pre-ordered.

Yeah mine will be this, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing and something else. Not sure what just yet though... :smile:

For what it's worth ONM gave this 80% in their new issue. Only negative they gave was a few issues with the port whoever a quick skim (I'll read it more thoroughly later) they only issue they had is that it doesn't look as nice as the Wii version and losing the 3D sweet spot can make the game blurry which isn't really anything to do with the game itself.

For what it's worth ONM gave this 80% in their new issue. Only negative they gave was a few issues with the port whoever a quick skim (I'll read it more thoroughly later) they only issue they had is that it doesn't look as nice as the Wii version and losing the 3D sweet spot can make the game blurry which isn't really anything to do with the game itself.

Yeah doesnt losing the 3D sweet spot make it blurry in the majority of the 3DS games?

I'm really hyped for this having never played the Wii version. Plus, through my recent trade ins at GAME I get this for next to nothing as I got money added to my trade in just by choosing this as a pre-order title. They then gave me a receipt for this that I just take in, pay a fiver and it's mine! :D

I'm guessing I would only get the shopping bag (lol) and narna keyring if I preordered online though?!

Still remember playing the SNES DKC at Christmas. Magical. DK64 and DKCR are the only ones in the series I've missed, but have this 3DS one pre-ordered. This and a proper sequel to Yoshi's Island coming up, a proper top-down Zelda like the SNES one...the 3DS is like SNES reborn this year! A 2D Metroid would just complete the year for games. I'd say we're looking at a Starfox/F-Zero announcement soon, too. I must say, I've far much more enjoyed my DS/3DS than Nintendo's home consoles a lately.

No you should get the bonuses in store too, my friend had to pay a deposit for his pre order because of it.

I just wish we got the DK tie they have in Australia :(

I'm still getting it (mainly to go towards the free game promotion), but... if only they'd toned down some of the graphical detail and got it running at 60fps.

ShopTo have dispatched the game today hopefully I'll get it tomorrow :D

Got it and it's more or less exactly what it says on the tin. It's almost surreal playing a late Wii game on a handheld! (even more surreal when the instruction manual keeps mentioning that it used to be a Wii game)

Feels great to have another quality sidescroller on the 3DS (even if it is a re-release), there aren't enough of them for sure. 30 FPS is disappointing sure, but it hasn't really impacted the playability so far for me (and it does look fantastic in 3D - I always knew it would do, it was always meant to be seen in 3D! :D )

Mine should be there when I get home. It's gonna be nice to play this without all the waggle.

The game feels slower because of 30FPS but I'll take that over waggle controls. How do you save in this game btw? Completed a few stages but I can't find a save option anywhere

Picking mine up tomorrow (doing my 2013 support the highstreet as much as possible campaign) from GAME. Reciept is on my desk under a pile of games i'm trading in.

Want to order this from GAME, but via a digital download code. They only have the cartridge ones and I can't preorder a code. Wonder if they'll have the codes for this and future games? and if so, when?

I thought it would be easy to preorder codes and then they deliver it to your inbox at midnight.

Want to order this from GAME, but via a digital download code. They only have the cartridge ones and I can't preorder a code. Wonder if they'll have the codes for this and future games? and if so, when?

I thought it would be easy to preorder codes and then they deliver it to your inbox at midnight.

Codes should be available tomorrow, although Pokemon didn't go up until Saturday afternoon last week.

I agree they should let you preorder codes.

I want this digitally too. It's one of those games that you know you'll never sell.

How much is the game in store (Game)? Its only £29.99 online, so I hope its not anymore than £34.99. That would be a disgrace and the last time I ever use them as a company if so.

How much is the game in store (Game)? Its only £29.99 online, so I hope its not anymore than £34.99. That would be a disgrace and the last time I ever use them as a company if so.

Don't hold your breath. Last time I went in my local GAME store (roughly a month ago), 3DS titles were priced at the full RRP. We're talking £39.99 here!

I went in GAME today and they didn't show a price for DK yet but they had Fire Emblem for £40 so I imagine DK will be the same price.

Thsnks for the replies guys. Thats shocking, and they'll wonder why the high street stores will go to the wall. Last time I use Game will be tomorrow.

My local had it priced so far at £34.99, same for most 3DS titles i've seen.