NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns... Returns!

And nope, this is the FIRST of these games I've played with DK in. :o

Where can I get me some more DK goodness?!

I call myself a Nintendo fan, but having only being introduced to them with the N64 when I was 8 it would appear I've missed loads of gems from the SNES even GB platforms! Shame on me.

ReZ ftw. Everything he says in regards to DKC on the SNES is Gospel.

My reaction:

mqdefault.jpg

Hahahahaha I fuckin love you Rez :laughing::love::heart:

Amazing scenes!

One of the funniest things I've seen in ages. The bit with the donkey made me laugh so hard!

Words cannot suffice....thus....

I'm not sure what the hell I just watched...but I liked it.

Moar of this.

ReZ ftw. Everything he says in regards to DKC on the SNES is Gospel.

I prefer the first game.. but I'm in the mood to play them all again now :bouncy:

Can't believe nintendo took them all down from the eshop...

Tempted to get this game but can't justify it. Still have the Wii version to get all the kong letters on!

Can't believe nintendo took them all down from the eshop...

So they were on the eShop at some point then?!! :weep:

Gutted. Wonder why they disappeared. ::shrug:

So they were on the eShop at some point then?!! :weep:

Yeah they took them down quite recently too. People presumed they'd be doing some kind of trilogy release. Hope they release them again.

I remember completing the original Donkey Kong Country BEFORE i got it for christmas, when my parents went out I opened the present, played it, wrapped it back up.

Spent after christmas getting to 105%. Got an awesome CD with it too.

There has still been no official reason why they took them down. Most think it has something to do with Rare/Microsoft, as the Rare logo still appears at the start of the game.

At least we got notice when ours were getting taken down. The poor yanks didn't and then the games just vanished from their VC shops.

Interesting fact I'm allergic to Banana's but love Donkey Kong.

Downloaded the GB version to play, the one based on the arcade game that extrapolates that idea and makes a ton more levels and ideas along the way. Really enjoying all things Donkey Kong at the moment that's not

Returns as haven't picked it up as of yet.

Edited by flameboy

I'm not sure what the hell I just watched...but I liked it.

Moar of this.

Heres more;

Clickity click Micro Chips

As for DKC's removal from the VC - its disgusting. If it doesn't reappear, I'll start killing people.

If it doesn't reappear, I'll start killing people.

Well you can't kill me, as I haven't played it yet. And that wouldn't be fair. :heh:

Heres more;

Clickity click Micro Chips

As for DKC's removal from the VC - its disgusting. If it doesn't reappear, I'll start killing people.

McCain make crinkle cut or straaaaight,

Great from the box or on a plaaaate...

I remember that awesome video.

Still can't decide what I prefer: The Rez in dressing gown with hairy legs or the troll NSMB moment...

Did you do more? ::shrug:

Are you using an Xbox to balance a Wii, ps3 and...another Xbox there?! Extraordinary!

Cracking video :)

Did you do more? ::shrug:

I certainly planned on doing more, as there is Day Zero and Day One of DKCR (Here is day zero, but its not as good)

But then...I didn't do more. For whatever reason.

Are you using an Xbox to balance a Wii, ps3 and...another Xbox there?! Extraordinary!

At that point (and since....with the exception of Halo 4), I never play/ed XBOX360. The XBOX360 was there to give the extra two or so inches needed for the PS3 cable to reach the TV. I think the XBOX360 HD-DVD drive was simply there as a reminder that people make mistakes.

There has still been no official reason why they took them down. Most think it has something to do with Rare/Microsoft, as the Rare logo still appears at the start of the game.

At least we got notice when ours were getting taken down. The poor yanks didn't and then the games just vanished from their VC shops.

The sad bit is that it means they likely won't appear on the Wii U VC, so we can't upgrade them and play them on the GamePad

The sad bit is that it means they likely won't appear on the Wii U VC, so we can't upgrade them and play them on the GamePad

Don't kill the dream! ;)

I'm still unconvinced that the logo was the issue. Surely Nintendo would just remove the "startup' fanfare? As far as I'm aware that is the only place the Rareware logo was obvious.

Donkey_Kong_Country_2_-_Diddy%2527s_Kong_Quest_SNES_15.png

However, Nintendo did see fit to edit Waverace64 when the Kawasaki etc. deals had expired. Although they would have probably had easier access to the original code.

I think there may be more going on than meets the eye...

Edited by tapedeck

I was looking forward to coming on here to boast about completing the game this morning, I was at 98% and then

that I would complete a DK game with 100%! No sooner had I beaten every level, including the cloud ones, than I unlocked a mirror mode which gives you no Diddy and only one heart per level! Brutal, so did the first level and now on 101% complete. Never got this far on the Wii version so didn't realise a mirror mode happened. Just when I was ready to shake hands with DK and thank him for another cracking game, even more to do to get a full completion! Anyone know what % is officially complete on this game?

If you're playing in 'Original' mode you have to collect all the KONG letters and finish all those Orb levels and the Golden Temple to access it, but if you're playing the 'New' mode you have the option to purchase the Orbs in Cranky's shop, so you don't have to collect all the letters.

Defeated the final boss yesterday after playing the game in 'Original' mode, so I was a bit annoyed when I couldn't play the 3DS exclusive levels straight away. Only a couple more KONG letters to collect though!

Well this game certainly spikes the difficulty up in the later worlds.

I have spent the last 40 minutes just getting past 2 levels! :eek:

I like the challenge, but got pretty pissed off with it I won't lie!

Well this game certainly spikes the difficulty up in the later worlds.

I have spent the last 40 minutes just getting past 2 levels! :eek:

I like the challenge, but got pretty pissed off with it I won't lie!

Wait till you play some of the 'Orb' levels, if you decide to collect all the KONG letters. One of them took me a lot longer than 40 mins to complete!! :cry:

Anywhoo, played through the 3DS exclusive world last night. Really enjoyable stuff, and a few new elements in some of them. If Retro can't work on a sequel, I'm sure Monster can!

Edited by welsh_gamer

Wait till you play some of the 'Orb' levels, if you decide to collect all the KONG letters. One of them took me a lot longer than 40 mins to comeplete!! :cry:

Anywhoo, played through the 3DS exclusive world last night. Really enjoyable stuff, and a few new elements in some of them. If Retro can't work on a sequel, I'm sure Monster can!

Oh Lord haha. I shall await those levels then!! :cry: haha.