N-Europe

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.

Retro_Link

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it better than sticker star? because that alone would sell it to me

Ha. You never played a Mario RPG, or was this a bit tongue in cheek?

If you've never played a Mario RPG, then yes, I guess this'll be 'better' than Sticker Star. I've personally found all of the MRPG's absolutely fab.

is it better than sticker star? because that alone would sell it to me

It's a billion times better than sticker star. There's great dialogue, a wide variety of characters and an involving battle system, basically it has everything Sticker Star lacked :D

Flubit was playing up for me for a few days, turned out they created/sent a demand but I didn't see it til I saw an email about 10 minutes before it was meant to expire(don't know why); would be nice it they lasted a bit longer. Couldn't log onto my account or reset my password for the last day or two, so just re-created a demand for it this morning against ShopTo. Wait is killing me, don't want to miss it again!

It's a billion times better than sticker star. There's great dialogue, a wide variety of characters and an involving battle system, basically it has everything Sticker Star lacked :D

How's it stack in the general scheme of MRPGs? Last one I played was Inside Story. Does it feel better than that, about the same?

Ha. You never played a Mario RPG, or was this a bit tongue in cheek?

If you've never played a Mario RPG, then yes, I guess this'll be 'better' than Sticker Star. I've personally found all of the MRPG's absolutely fab.

I own every other Mario RPG, but it was also a little tongue in check because Sticker Star was so bad, just about anything is better.

I just hated Sticker star, its barely an RPG, its now more of a platformer with some RPG elements, that being a turn based battle system. Theres very little story, very few diverse characters, and a companion that is beyond useless

Well thats all my complaints with Sticker Star not following suit in this so i might buy it then

:p

How's it stack in the general scheme of MRPGs? Last one I played was Inside Story. Does it feel better than that, about the same?

It's hard to say when I haven't completed it but I think it's about on par or even better than Bowser's Inside Story. It's definitely better than Partner's in Time

Okay so I started playing this last night, Only put an 90 minutes into it so far, and experienced Luigi's first dream. I did find it slightly annoying that even a good hour and a half into it, there is still alot of text / talk / interruptions. I get that it's beneficial for people who have yet to experience the series or want a re-cap, but man. It was a long ass tutorial.

Got Mario & Luigi to level 4 so far.

I'm confident I'll enjoy it, but just glad to get the tutorial hour out of the way.

Question - How much stuff can you carry, like clothes, shoes etc? I don't have much right now, but wonder how much you can carry before you have to sell stuff?

Hmm..

Just been given an induction by Prince Dreambert on how to use Luigi's tash in the real world can affect the dream world...

Please tell me there isn't anymore tutorial / learning moves stuff to come. 2 hours in and all I feel is that i've been reading text on how to battle and do things.

It's a random complaint to have with a game I know, but it's really frustrating me at the moment.

It's hard to say when I haven't completed it but I think it's about on par or even better than Bowser's Inside Story. It's definitely better than Partner's in Time

PiT was my first in the M&L series, caned it in a weekend on Game's 10 day returns policy back in the day. I actually quite enjoyed it! BiS felt a bit longwinded at times for me, not sure why. Still a great game, had some great tunage in it too.

As for selling stuff, I always find it really hard to get shot of stuff in games - total hoarded even when I know better! I'll probs still have their basic overalls at the end of the game!

I'm confident I'll enjoy it, but just glad to get the tutorial hour out of the way.

A lot of the tutorial stuff can be skipped. I found the jumping one a bit odd but whatever. I think the tutorials you mentioned in your next post is important since it's a new mechanic but otherwise I don't think it was that bad.

A lot of the tutorial stuff can be skipped. I found the jumping one a bit odd but whatever. I think the tutorials you mentioned in your next post is important since it's a new mechanic but otherwise I don't think it was that bad.

Just seems so far majority of battles and exploring normal and dream world i've been guided an awful lot, and i'm 2 hours in now.

Hoping that last bit I posted is it and I can get on now without having to read through text on how to win a battle or pull a mustache.

:heh:

Well Flubit have just changed their minds from a estimate delivery of next Wednesday to the bloody 30th! Interesting beast are Flubit, gonna make a thread over in General Gaming methinks.

Back to the topic at hand, given Murr's concerns over over-explanation, can anyone tell me if this differs heavily from previous titles in that regard? I think I recall feeling a bit annoyed at the explanations in BiS at first, so is it a similar sort of thing?

Well Flubit have just changed their minds from a estimate delivery of next Wednesday to the bloody 30th! Interesting beast are Flubit, gonna make a thread over in General Gaming methinks.

Back to the topic at hand, given Murr's concerns over over-explanation, can anyone tell me if this differs heavily from previous titles in that regard? I think I recall feeling a bit annoyed at the explanations in BiS at first, so is it a similar sort of thing?

From what I can remember of Partner's in Time it is similar, in that it explains every little thing in detail, but you can choose to skip this. Unfortunately you can't skip the conversations before and after the explanations. I'm up to Lv9 with both Mario and Luigi and the explanations are still coming, that's about 2 1/2 hours into it. There can't be too many more, but like I say they can be skipped.

After the first Dream World section the tutorial stuff stops but you get the odd explanation here and there when you unlock new abilities. Item storage is unlimited, I don't buy much equipment but I keep every single item I find :D

So, I just found out that this dialogue-heavy game was fully translated into Portuguese.

Mind blown.

But since you're in Germany now you've gotta wait until it's fully translated into German.

Serious question though, how are you chaps pronouncing Pi'illo? I'm bouncing between "Pee-Low" and "Pee-illow"

But since you're in Germany now you've gotta wait until it's fully translated into German.

Serious question though, how are you chaps pronouncing Pi'illo? I'm bouncing between "Pee-Low" and "Pee-illow"

Not played, but I'd def go with the second. Mario style play on pillow no doubt.