NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Yoshi's Woolly World (June 26th)

Don't want.

It's exactly what was wrong with epic yarn, tacking a familiar nintendo character/franchise onto this new art style rather than letting it be a new IP(though yes, I wouldn't have minded it being an art style for yoshi previously). However, I hadn't realised this is actually from the same team despite the similar, and from the little it showed, it looks similar. Possibly too similar for me. Reckon they might be trying to cash in on the epic yarn success(which, imo, was probably quite unrelated to kirby).

Yeah, it looks a bit copypastey.

Essentially my current feeling. Time will tell I guess.

Another screenshot

irC6wDc7DginS.bmp

yoshi69ev8.gif

I think it looks great.

Edited by bryanee

So I guess the see-thru Yoshi is the equivalent of small Mario, then eating an enemy acts like getting a Mushroom?

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The 3D bits look absolutely fantastic. Really looks like he's on a window ledge with trees outside!

I hope this turns out well but it's a bit underwhelming so far. It really is just a cut, copy and paste job. This game has been rumoured for a good while now. Yet add up the footage and it's only 13 seconds of actual gameplay from a tiny section of 1 level and it's very bland with nothing going on. This has to be the first level. You'd imagine they'd show more.

The 3D parts look very different from Kirby's Epic Yarn at least. I wonder if they're gonna have some sort of shifting dimensions mechanic that switches the art style, or if the "Epic Yarn" parts of the video are just from a really early build and that the 3D part is a "target render" that represents what the final game will actually look like?

I hope it's the latter. Would be disappointing to have it look exactly like Kirby's Epic Yarn...

Sony does what Nintendon't :laughing:

But seriously, this is what a new Yoshi should've looked like, or a new Paper Mario.

damn.

Must've been reaaallllly early in development last year's January.

I missed this because I was busy writing during the event, but DAMN it looks pretty. Shame we won't have it til next year though :(

This just looks beautiful. I know Nintendo don't exactly need a shed load more platformers on the system right now, but this is a must have for me. I love the art style and it has come on leaps and bounds since it was first revealed.

I hope the limited edition comes with a wool Yoshi. If not, after seeing that one in the wool shop, I might get my sister to knit me one as she does 3D knitting in her spare time!

Heh.

This looks so good!

Massive amounts of charm going on here. I approve.

How amazing that he has balls of wool instead of eggs to throw now :hehe: amazing!

What would make this reallllly good, is if the 2p sections we saw could be online.

Not holding my breath, but would be a massive thing if they could manage that for a game like this.

Game just looks stunning though.

This does look very nice indeed, wonder how far into 2015 it will be for release?

Graphically, the style suits the game.

Interresting.

Considering how early it was shown last year, I expected it to be out this year. But the graphics are among the most charming I've seen in my life.

And they've chosen to give Yoshi his real voice in this game, rather than the terrible travesty they chose for Mario Kart 8.

Echo everyone else. Don't exactly need a platformed, it does look beyond beautiful, and 2015!?!? There's over 12 (one a month) for 2015 already, never mind other ones. And we'll have had 5 games all year here (Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash, Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors... - poor)... But yeah... amazing!

Whilst I do already have many platformers, I don't have ANY wool-fabric based games...

So I'm in :)

At first I wasn't sure, but the more I see of the visuals the more I like them.

Saw an amazing forest looking level somewhere I think. Anyone have a pic?

The new version of this game has reached original Yoshi's Island levels of art style perfection I'd say.

That's all well and good, but if it plays like the last few Yoshi's Island games, i.e. take the key gameplay concepts of YI and make as generic a platformer as possible, then it's still going to be a shit game.

Hopefully they don't think that the yarn unravelling and co-op is enough and end creativity there. Use Yoshi for what he's meant for Nintendo, show us absolutely genius platformer design!