N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I got all the figurines, but I haven't got the Link one? Don't you get it automatically or am I supposed to do something?

Edit: Never mind, I'm missing one...

Well when you do get the last one, the Link one appears after you exit and re-enter the Gallery.... I also used the Song of Passing twice to pass a day too just in case, not sure if that is required though.

Anyway last night I Sailed the Great Sea up and down back and forth (again HURRAY FOR THE SWIFT SAIL):D

Opened up the Platform Chart and decided to attack all of those haha :awesome:

Think I got them all...which the chart would update to should which ones you've done already but think I got them all.

Found 3 more Heart Pieces too, the first gave me my 17th Heart so have just 10 Heart Pieces left to find.

Found a fair few more Treasure Charts too, think I got 39/40 now. Also found the Light Ring Chart (new to me, haha), and the Big Octo Chart....though does me little good as I found and killed all of those already haha. :D

One thing I must add is part of the sailing I did for the platforms I did playing on the GamePad in off-TV mode. And the difference made between having to pause to check inventory and the map was HUGE. People can say having a map and/or inventory on the GamePad is lazy but it does make a hell of a difference.

Quickly changing items on the fly without pausing the game really does keep you in the expereince, even if you have to look down cause it just a quick glance and a finger swipe and down. But the map especially is just AWESOME to have on the gamepad. Not have to pause the game to double check where you are or if you are going in the correct direction....keeps you invloved in the world of the game.

And when trying to find a chest from a Treasure Chart and keeping an eye on the mini map of the Chart to see Link's icon appear on it and directing it so easily to the "X" as opposed to trying to make the best guess of where the light was after it vanishes when you get close. And if you were wrong, pausing the game, checking the map, unpause, move link, pause double check map and possibly doing that a few times which I remember doing on the GC. With the Gamepad it just WORKS :D

Well when you do get the last one, the Link one appears after you exit and re-enter the Gallery.... I also used the Song of Passing twice to pass a day too just in case, not sure if that is required though.

Turns out I missed the Fairy Queen. I thought Link went in the middle but then I noticed the huge gap at the back.

There's 2 charts that point where the hearts are so that should help you track them down. You get them from other sea charts so they are worth finding if you haven't already. A lot of my hearts came from charts as well.

Took me a bit longer to do the last bit of the game than I thought so shall finish of the game tonight.

The final battle with Ganondorf I have to say was a bit easier than I remembered it being?

Nah. It was always easy. He packs quite a punch in Hero mode though.

This is easily the best version. All the frustrations from the Gamecube version are gone thanks to all the tweaks they made and made it a much more enjoyable experience.

Just reached here

JoB1Sfg.jpg

It took ages for the Swift Sail to appear in the auction house, but it's worth it. It's the perfect speed and doesn't have the annoyance of changing the wind. I probably won't use the cyclones at all.

I also like how you can get figurine pictures from Tingle bottles.

Just reached here

JoB1Sfg.jpg

It took ages for the Swift Sail to appear in the auction house, but it's worth it. It's the perfect speed and doesn't have the annoyance of changing the wind. I probably won't use the cyclones at all.

I also like how you can get figurine pictures from Tingle bottles.

Took me aaaaaaages as well.

I liked how you can get figurine pictures from the miiverse as well. Got Ganon for free!

Done, got all 20 Hearts :D

zlCfzRKznio3IHgd8s

I did have to resort to GameFaqs for the final 3 heart pieces though :(

8. Location: Windfall Island

Items Required: Deluxe Picto Box

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may be wondering how to get the Deluxe Picto Box. Complete the side

quest involving the man in the Picto Box house.

Anyway, look for a woman wearing an orange dress. Speak to her, and she

will say how she wishes someone would notice her dress. Then look for a man

with blond hair and a brown hat. He has a green vest over his striped shirt.

He walks around the whole island, so you'll have to search for him or wait

for him. A good place to wait would be the entrance to the town. Anyway,

speak with them. Then return to the woman in orange. Take a picture of her

and then show the picture to the guy. If you used the normal Picto Box, he

wont like it because it is in black and white. In a couple of days, go to

the bar and speak to them. They got married! You will get a piece of heart

for your work, you crazy matchmaker!

A good way to pass through the two days is to conduct the Song of

Passing. If you don't have it, then head to the cliff with the grave on it.

You will see a man dressed in white. Speak to him, then show him your Wind

Waker. He'll then teach you the Song of Passing!

21. Location: Rock Spire Island

Items Required: Bombs, Grappling Hook

Destroy the two warships and use the grappling hook to get the treasure

from the sea floor below where they were destroyed. One of them has the

piece of heart, though it may be a good idea to get the other one since it

will gain you 100 rupees. 25. Location: Greatfish Isle

Items Required: Deku Leaf

When you get to Greatfish Isle, go to a small part of land that has a

path that spirals around it. At the top lies a withered tree and a Korok

standing next to it. When you are there, look at the two large pieces of

land inbetween the sand. On the rightmost one, look for a small notch of

grass sticking out of the ledge. It's about halfway to the top of the land.

Get the wind to go northwest and use the deku leaf to get there. A treasure

chest will be visible and inside lies the heart piece you are looking for.

I probably would have found the one on Windfall by myself if I kept looking and maybe the one Greatfish Isle.... but the other one I would have never found without looking it up :heh:

Righty I think that is everything that is possible to get, GOT :D

..... now where's my Deus Ex postman!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the whole Forest Haven part of this game, just so full of magic and charm. I loved making your way to the top of the Deku Tree, loads of fun and a great view from that high up. And visually, the Forbidden Woods dungeon is pretty stunning as well.

So @Aneres11 - how continued your journey with the HD WWs?

No comment... :shakehead

I am literally right right right at the very end. True to form I got fucked off with something I had to do to progress and haven't been back on it.

Having said that though, I was only thinking earlier that I need to get my arse into gear with this fame and finish it as I have had a really fun time playing through it. For the most part.

For me it's easily the best home console main Zelda game. I still found myself having to consult a guide a couple of times, but for the most part I just got through it naturally.

I am determined to finish this off now though so watch this space!

• 2 weeks later...
How do you take screenshots without using the PictoBox?

Just press the home button and post to Miiverse, the screen cap will be there ready for posting. I should probably get into the habit of uploading images as they'd be higher res but oh well.

The right analog stick for camera control is literally my favourite part of the game lol, so incredible to be given such freedom. Makes for some seriously dramatic camera angles.

This game is simply a masterpiece, easily the best Zelda game IMO.

I forgot just how many secrets there are in this game, and so many sidequests! Far more organic and interesting than the gratitude crystal rubbish in Skyward Sword, that felt so tacked on and cheap. The pirate theme with all the treasure maps etc is inspired.

I'm in love all over again. What an absolute gem of a game. I really hope Nintendo spending time with this again has inspired them for Zelda U.