N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Thomas Was Alone creator planning on PS4 game

Mike Bithell, creator of Thomas Was Alone, looks like he planning on a PS4 release, if a series of tweets are anything to go by.

"I do believe Project2 is looking good enough to show to Sony tomorrow. You'll know the success of this meeting in a year, when you are / are not playing it on your PS4," he said.

Things seems to work out for him too, as he later tweeted that it was "really good" talking with Sony, adding "If you're an indie, get chatting with Sony now."

In a related tweet, he also made mention that he got to hold a DualShock 4. "Can't say much more about [it]," he said, "it was only a prototype, but it feels tight, suits my hands, and is rather snazzy.

"They've also done something aesthetically that I'm not sure I've seen in images online which I really love," he added.

I wonder what they've done with the controller.

News on PS4 marketing camapaign:

The marketing slogan used to launch the PlayStation 4 will be "Greatness Awaits" according to leaked documents obtained by Siliconera from a company working on the campaign.

The commercial begins on an empty road in a small town. A man walks down the road towards the viewer and says: "Who are you not to be great? You, with the imagination of a brilliant child and the powers of an ancient god."

"Who are you to be ordinary? You, who could get away with murder, or raise the dead..."

The buildings begin to look damaged.

"Who are you to be anonymous? You, whose name should be spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers."

There is a distant screech, blowing out some windows. Two people sprint the opposite way covered in yellow paint.

"Who are you to be afraid? You, who can serve as judge and jury while hoarding infinite lives."

Buildings appear increasingly damaged as he walks, and people begin to follow him.

"Who are you to be a slave to the past? You who can travel time like the oceans and rewrite history with a single word."

He begins to raise his voice to be heard. In the background you see the icon from Destiny.

"Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you deny it to the entire world."

A distant roar that sounds unlike any human invention is heard. It is loud and rumbling and begins to throw a shadow over our hero.

"And We Will Not Be Denied."

The camera then pans up to reveal a giant spacecraft from KIlizone fly overhead. The camera turns to follow our hero - we see an epic battle scene. Massive aircraft exploding into flame, people firing weapons from behind overturned vehicles. Soccer players dribbling between the madness, giant robots, dragons, smoke, fire, explosions.

The hero and his followers begin to sprint into the action, the camera charging in behind before craning up to reveal a massive gamer's paradise.

Copy is superimposed onto the screen:

"Greatness Awaits"

"PlayStation"

The leaked ad comes from the same source which previously provided accurate info on the PSP "Step Your Game Up" campaign.

Source: Siliconera

News on PS4 marketing campaign:

'Over the top nonsense'

Source: Siliconera

Yep, that pretty much sounds like a Sony advert, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that turned out to be the official advert for it... :laughing:

I do 'sort of want' a PS4 at the moment but I still need to see what the console looks like, games actually definitely running in real-time on the hardware, oh and some other games besides inFamous Second Son that I actually want for the console as I certainly won't be buying it just for one game, no matter how good it is. ;)

I really hope the PS4 has a 2013 launch. As long as I have the money and there's at least one game worth playing, I should be getting it launch day - the first time I'll have done that for a console. By the way, does anyone know if GTA V is gonna come out on this?

More excited for this than I have been for anything game related in a while.