Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Destiny is such a great social experience. Nothing better for playing with friends on this site, it's just something worth getting into. It really wouldn't take you long to get max level either, not long at all.

Or you can trade your destiny disc in for Destiny Taken King disc which got all Year 1 DLCs + Taken King for around £40+ quids depends on which stores you will use. ;)

The Taken King is only about £42 on Amazon. It includes EVERYTHING that has been released so far. So that is last year's game and the two DLCs (The Dark Below and The House of Wolves) that were in the Season Pass AND The Taken King expansion.

Seriously worth it if you haven't partaken, I reckon.

I did contemplate trading in my base game and getting The Taken King. Hmm, if I do decide to get into it, I'll do it that way.

I'll see how I'm feeling when I get back home. Might have to be super tight with money now!

Hopefully it won't be too long. Got a few crazy weeks money wise trying to get to some motorsport events. Once everything settles down again and I know where I stand money wise, then we'll see.

Almost bought Tomb Raider today for £12 :p But I figure there will be other similar deals on it in the future.

Good, goooood.

Yeah, Tomb Raider is cheap now. You can either pick it up now, or just wait until the PS4 comes and get it then. It's only getting cheaper. I love it, such a fantastic game. Blew me away when I played it. Hnnnngggg.

I disagree about Destiny. Its just a time sink with tons of skins for unlocks. Hardly any content or anything. Lots of people play it though.

There is that, plus it's a great social experience. I've not sunk as many hours into this as a lot of people have, but what time i have sunk in has been great.

I feel like Im 'thanking' too much - But I my eyes are now fully opening to the Ps4.

It really is an emotional struggle with recent Nintendo systems, to yearn for games so badly to no avail.

: peace:

personally I've been pretty underwhelmed with the PS4 itself, in 8 months two of my controllers thumb sticks have split and I have a sound problem where I get no sound and have to unplug and reconnect my HDMI 50% of the time I turn it on.

However, you simply can't get by with just a Wii U due to the complete lack of games.

I've only got 3 PS4 games, Last of Us (which was free) Alien and Fifa 15, all of which are great games. Would have got PGA if it wasn't crap and will definitely get Battlefront and Fifa 16. So whilst it's a bloody expensive outlay to top up my games library I couldn't get by without it.

Its a year today that I ordered my PS4 and I have to say I've probably had one of my best years of gaming because of it.

Apart from the issues with PSN going down with the DDoS attack I can't think of any negatives in the last 12 months.

Community on here has been great for online gaming for games such as Destiny, Fifa 15 & Rocket League. One regret is we didn't get a weekly Driveclub night going.

I can't get over how great Playstation Plus has been, I think I made a post about it yesterday. Just incredible value for money.

Looking forward to year 2 of being a PS4 owner.

personally I've been pretty underwhelmed with the PS4 itself, in 8 months two of my controllers thumb sticks have split and I have a sound problem where I get no sound and have to unplug and reconnect my HDMI 50% of the time I turn it on.

However, you simply can't get by with just a Wii U due to the complete lack of games.

I've only got 3 PS4 games, Last of Us (which was free) Alien and Fifa 15, all of which are great games. Would have got PGA if it wasn't crap and will definitely get Battlefront and Fifa 16. So whilst it's a bloody expensive outlay to top up my games library I couldn't get by without it.

How come you've only got three games? You've been downloading the PS+ games, right?

That sound issue is strange. Not sure if it's a cable or your PS4.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

How come you've only got three games? You've been downloading the PS+ games, right?

That sound issue is strange. Not sure if it's a cable or your PS4.

Yes I have downloaded a few ps+ games although never played any of them, although my son plays rocket league a lot and also has cod and minecraft . The sound issue is a real pain, I think there is a link between using 1 controller with a headset and then if you power up next time with a different controller it can't seem to work out if your headset is still plugged in. I don't think it's a fault more of a glitch. Pain in the ass nonetheless .

I'd been looking forward to it for a while but after watching some videos and reading up on it, honestly I think it might be a bit more challenge than I'm looking for at the moment. Nothing against the game itself, just my skills lol. Probably be a game I'll pick up during a sale I think.

I have completely missed that Galak-Z has been released last week. Been looking forward to this game for a long time now. :D Currently downloading.

Eurogamer Review

What the fuck, how did I miss that?!

EDIT: It sounds kind of unforgiving. Hmmm, might give it a pass.

Edited by Daft

Just noticed... PS4 games get heavily discounted after launch don't they! I'm trawling Amazon and the majority of the big releases have been reduced to £20 and under! Infamous, Watch Dogs, Mordor, The Order, Tomb Raider, the Crew, LBP, Drive Club, Evolve, Alien Isolation, all 20 quid and under.

I was wondering whether to go all digital or not but these cheap prices have pretty much convinced me not to!

Just noticed... PS4 games get heavily discounted after launch don't they! I'm trawling Amazon and the majority of the big releases have been reduced to £20 and under! Infamous, Watch Dogs, Mordor, The Order, Tomb Raider, the Crew, LBP, Drive Club, Evolve, Alien Isolation, all 20 quid and under.

I was wondering whether to go all digital or not but these cheap prices have pretty much convinced me not to!

This is where you're going to need to watch PSN like a hawk. There are and have been stupidly good deals there for some of those games that you mention there.

Tomb Raider was £9.99 a few months ago, if I remember rightly. Alien is currently under £15. A bunch of us picked up Drive Club for £35 at launch digitally, which is a crazy price. LBP is currently £15.99.

There are great deals there, so it definitely is worth thinking about going digital.

Personally I'd say it's best to only go digital when you absolutely have to, Plus games? Fine. Downloadable only? OK then. £49.99 digital but only £19.99 retail? Not a chance in hell! :heh:

(Sale prices are fair enough, most of the time the digital "retail" games are a rip-off though)

If physical games disappeared for good then we'd certainly mourn their loss - I would anyway - besides even when you get a physical PS4 game you still need to install most of it, buying it digitally just means you have to install the rest as well plus you wouldn't be able to sell them, which is what I'm considering doing with a few titles I have already; keeping most of them though. :)

Interesting thanks guys, I had no idea you had to install a part of the physical games, I guess it makes sense to cut down on loading times. Do people find that the 500GB PS4 is enough for them? Sorry I'm likely to ask a lot of stupid questions in the coming weeks.

Speaking of which... should I wait for the next hardware refresh? I think there's one just out in Japan that's quieter and uses less power. I can't say I'm too fussed about either and I quite like the gloss on the current console :) Don't think there are any other differences.

This is where you're going to need to watch PSN like a hawk. There are and have been stupidly good deals there for some of those games that you mention there.

Tomb Raider was £9.99 a few months ago, if I remember rightly. Alien is currently under £15. A bunch of us picked up Drive Club for £35 at launch digitally, which is a crazy price. LBP is currently £15.99.

There are great deals there, so it definitely is worth thinking about going digital.

Those do sound like great deals, looks like I might have to do a mix between retail and digital downloads. I never sell them so not too fussed about not being able to with the latter. I also need to look into PS+, I heard this month's deals are great. If I signed up now would I be able to download last month's free games (and further back)? I suspect not!

Edited by Ronnie

Interesting thanks guys, I had no idea you had to install a part of the physical games, I guess it makes sense to cut down on loading times. Do people find that the 500GB PS4 is enough for them? Sorry I'm likely to ask a lot of stupid questions in the coming weeks.

You'll be needing one of these if you go for a 500gb PS4...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Or just buy a 1TB PS4 and see how things go... : peace:

All of the increasing sizes of games have effectively forced me to up my storage for all three consoles, 2TB internal for PS4, 2TB external for Wii U and most recently a 3TB external for my Xbox One.

'Dem games! :p

Speaking of which... should I wait for the next hardware refresh? I think there's one just out in Japan that's quieter and uses less power. I can't say I'm too fussed about either and I quite like the gloss on the current console :) Don't think there are any other differences.

I have never felt the need to upgrade my HDD but I think im in the minority on here. I buy physical games all the time and only get digital ones if there's no other option.

I usually only play a few games at a time and once i'm finished them I then deleted them from the console. I think FIFA is the only one I have kept installed for a long period of time, due to the weekly N-E games we have. I suppose this is why I never run out of space.

As for the quieter/less power consumption model, I think that's already out and about in Europe.

I also need to look into PS+, I heard this month's deals are great. If I signed up now would I be able to download last month's free games (and further back)? I suspect not!

You only have access to the games that you download during the month that you are a PS+ member. You can even download games on consoles that you don't even own yet. I know a few people on here who have a PS4 but don't have a Vita that will have a shed load of games awaiting them if they do decide to pick one up.

I think you would get a lot out of PS+ due to your interest in the indies market. There's always a couple of cheeky titles worth playing each month on PS+.

You'll be needing one of these if you go for a 500gb PS4...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Or just buy a 1TB PS4 and see how things go... : peace:

All of the increasing sizes of games have effectively forced me to up my storage for all three consoles, 2TB internal for PS4, 2TB external for Wii U and most recently a 3TB external for my Xbox One.

'Dem games! :p

Oh right I assumed 500GB was more than enough! Bear in mind I'm not exactly a heavy gamer who'll end up with dozens of titles in no time.

Just doing some research, is that right that install size from physical copies takes up the same space on the hard drive as the whole game downloaded off PSN would? So the install basically copies the entire disk? I figured retail would save on HDD space but seems not, maybe 1TB is the way to go!

Oh right I assumed 500GB was more than enough! Bear in mind I'm not exactly a heavy gamer who'll end up with dozens of titles in no time.

Just doing some research, is that right that install size from physical copies takes up the same space on the hard drive as the whole game downloaded off PSN would? So the install basically copies the entire disk? I figured retail would save on HDD space but seems not, maybe 1TB is the way to go!

I honestly think you'll get by with 500GB. You've said yourself that you're not a heavy gamer. If you start installing games left and right then that's when it becomes an issue.

Out of interest, why are you interested in a PS4 over a Xbox One? The selection of Playstation indie games more appealing than the Ones offerings?

Out of interest, why are you interested in a PS4 over a Xbox One? The selection of Playstation indie games more appealing than the Ones offerings?

In terms of the games I'm interested in the PS4 has more exclusives:

PS4: The Order, Infamous, Journey, Resogun, LBP, Tearaway, Uncharted, No Man's Sky, Firewatch, Rime, The Witness, Horizon: Zero Dawn (?)

XBO: Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Below, Cuphead, ReCore (?)