NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I'm prepared for the worst.

You can always spot a 90's Nintendo fanboy.

PlayExpo have confirmed that the playable AssCreed demo will be the PS4 version, so I'll get to play it next week.

Great news! As you were one of the first to pre-order PlayStation 4 with us we are giving you first refusal on the new PlayStation 4 ‘Mega Bundle’ recently announced by Sony.

It’s called the ‘Mega Bundle’ with good reason, as you get all the below for just £449.85:

- Sony PlayStation 4 Console

- Killzone Shadow Fall

- Two DualShock 4 Controllers

- PlayStation Camera

- Mono Wired Headest

- Power Cable

- HDMI Cable

- USB Cable

- 14-day PlayStation Plus trial

£449.86

If you would like to swap your pre-order to the ‘Mega Bundle’ simply log into your account now and you’ll be prompted with a pop-up window offering you the opportunity to swap. Click ‘Yes’ to switch or ‘No’ to keep your current console pre-order. Please select carefully though! If you choose ‘No’ this decision is final and you will not be offered another opportunity to swap to the ‘Mega Bundle’.

*IMPORTANT* Please note you have 5 days from the date of this e-mail to log-into your account and acknowledge this offer before we offer a ‘Mega Bundle’ to the next customer in the queue. Once acknowledged if you don’t make an immediate decision you will have 48 hours to return to your account and decide before the offer expires. The pop-up will appear every time you log-in over the 48 hour period until you select 'Yes or 'No'.

Don’t forget that swapping pre-orders with us does not affect your pre-ordered date, so if you do accept this offer we’ll process your pre-order at the same time we would have before and your console will still be with you for launch! If you change your mind again before release then don’t worry, you can swap away from the ‘Mega Bundle’ prior to dispatch to any of the other bundles available. This is however the only opportunity you will receive to swap to the ‘Mega Bundle’.

We hope this offer is clear but if you have any further questions please contact our customer support team who will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo Team

So, essentially £50 for the Controller and Camera.

Edited by Cube

I got the email from shopto saying I can swap my pre-order because I'm awesome and one of the first. I thought this bundle was supposed to be £430? Its 20 quid more.

I didn't get an email. Super sad face.

You can always spot a 90's Nintendo fanboy.

#NeverForget

Amazon sent me an email today saying I can swap to a different bundle and keep my delivery date. PS4, Battlefield 4 and Killzone thank you very much,

Ugh was it discussed that the price on Amazon went up to £402.25 yesterday, and now is back to £349?

If not... any reason behind the 24 hour price hike on Amazon?

It's getting closer. I'm getting more tempted.. Bugger... Damn my love of shiny things!

Ugh was it discussed that the price on Amazon went up to £402.25 yesterday, and now is back to £349?

If not... any reason behind the 24 hour price hike on Amazon?

Sounds like it was just a mistake to me

It's getting closer. I'm getting more tempted.. Bugger... Damn my love of shiny things!

Just don't do it. Nothing has changed from when you decided not to get it - there's no reason to change your mind. Stay strong.

What Daft said. You should just try and play/finish the stupid amount of games you already have sitting there!

@Hero\-of\-Time

Damn you guys for speaking sense... I hope I don't last minute splurge as yes, far too many games I can catch up on. But... I always get consoles a launch... :) What will save me, is I'll be living in Paris then, so I'd have to actually order one online rather than impulsing it at Tesco or wherever.

SimplyGames: Your pre-ordered PS4 now costs at least £65 more

When UK-based online shop SimplyGames slapped an attractive pre-order price of £349.99 on its solus PlayStation 4s, people clicked and people pre-ordered.

But now those people are angry, because they can't buy their PlayStation 4 from SimplyGames for £349.99 - the least they can spend is £414.99.

evidence

SimplyGames emailed its PS4 pre-order customers at some point last week to tell them things had changed. "Thanks for bearing with us with whilst we finalised stock configurations with Sony," the email began, reposted on the European PlayStation forum. But those stock allocations "DO differ slightly" from what was originally offered.

Customers now "NEED" to update their order and "MUST" choose one of the new console bundles (pictured in article), the cheapest of which is £414.99 - the others are £469.99. Sorry, but that's what SimplyGames was allocated by Sony. An email sent in late September had warned customers that bundle configurations were being worked out, but nowhere did it say the solus PS4 people had ordered would no longer be available to buy.

proof

Look more closely at what customers are now being offered: look specifically at the dual charging cable, an unofficial, non-Sony item. It's a simple USB-to-two-mini-USBs lead that costs £14.85 if bought alone on SimplyGames. It is not the official DualShock 4 dual-charging cradle thing that costs £24.85.

The price isn't really important. The point is that Sony would never bundle a non-official lead in an official bundle - a defence given by Sony to disgruntled SimplyGames customers who got in touch. Sony also issued a statement further undermining its role in SimplyGames' price hike decision. "Sony is not and would not force anyone to buy something they don't want," head of UK PR David Wilson wrote in a statement given to Eurogamer this morning.

"We value our consumers and offered the bundles precisely to give them choice and value. And the key word there is choice. We continue to work closely with our retail partners to ensure we offer this choice against the challenges of managing demand and inventory in the climate of amazing excitement and unprecedented demand for PlayStation 4."

Our tipster wrote: "This company are now trying to force bundles compiled by themselves onto customers who already pre-ordered the standalone console. Myself and others who had already ordered the standalone console at RRP of £349.99 are now being told we have to change to one of their own bundles."

SimplyGames has so far not responded to Eurogamer's request for comment.

Meanwhile, our tipster - the man who started the forum thread and contacted Sony and contacted Trading Standards - has been offered a £349.99 PS4 by SimplyGames with a game thrown in as well. He politely declined.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-07-simplygames-your-pre-ordered-ps4-now-costs-at-least-65-more

Its their punishment for ordering through a shit website.

I've used them before on dirt cheap DS games, but wouldn't pre-order with them/anyone other than Shopto. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who uses anyone other than Shopto is idiotic and cannot complain about any problem arising from their poor lifestyle choice.

So I just got an email from Amazon asking about changing for a bundle. Since i'm horribly out of the loop and have no idea what's going to be a decent launch title, any ideas? Killzone and Watch Dogs looked appealing but I don't too much about either. I don't really want to get a PS4 and some souped up copy of FIFA 10.

I just swapped my standard PS4 pre-order for the PS4 + Killzone pack, not really fussed about the mega-bundle any more as when I think about it the extra controller probably wouldn't get used very much if at all and the camera has very little going for it until more games come out.

So it'll be PS4 with Killzone and Drive Club if that turns out to be good as well, I pre-ordered it when it was less than £50 - really stupid how the prices are hiked up currently - we'll see on that one.

Besides... I'm only really buying the console so I can play Infamous Second Son at the moment so no need to go overboard on loads of launch games purchases which I will regret later, the console is a big enough expense as it is but this is my ticket to a happy 'next gen' with my Wii U and PS4 I believe that will be me sorted for gaming until 2020. :D

Why don't you just try out Drive Club on PS+ and then upgrade it if you like it? It'll probably be cheaper that way.