NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I got the email from shopto saying I'll get it at launch. I better bloody get it a launch, I pre-ordered on the 21st of Feb.

A quick off topic question about Shopto. Has anyone had issue ordering from them lately? I keep getting stuck on the processing payment page. They take my money but the actual order never goes through, its happened twuce this week. I've emailed them to see what the fuck is happening and to get refunds, I was just wondering if its happened to any of you.

They've always provided an excellent service.

Agreed but their site is being garbage for me right now. I've never felt their site has been all that great but its always worked but I just cant bloody order anything right now.

I've been using simplygames a ton lately because they are cheaper. They delivery early too.

The bundles are up on ShopTo. Nothing worthwhile for me to swap to so Im still just keeping my normal PS4 order.

EDIT Oh the other bundles that people were waiting for are going to be offered to people who preordered later in the week.

Hmm so the Killzone bundle that contains just the PS4, one controller and the game is up there, I'll be waiting for the mega-bundle though also I noticed when I clicked on the description it mentions next to Killzone 'May not be suitable for trade-in' this to me means one of two things, either the box doesn't have a barcode - so can't be scanned = not suitable or the game is a download.

There is no way in hell it would be a download code though is there? If so then I'm out... my connection isn't that great as it is, it took me nearly 7 hours to download Sonic Lost World on the Wii U the other day and that's a 6.5GB game, I shudder to think how large PS4 games will be. :p

Anyway, the waiting game continues...

waiting.gif

Hmm so the Killzone bundle that contains just the PS4, one controller and the game is up there, I'll be waiting for the mega-bundle though also I noticed when I clicked on the description it mentions next to Killzone 'May not be suitable for trade-in' this to me means one of two things, either the box doesn't have a barcode - so can't be scanned = not suitable or the game is a download.

There is no way in hell it would be a download code though is there? If so then I'm out... my connection isn't that great as it is, it took me nearly 7 hours to download Sonic Lost World on the Wii U the other day and that's a 6.5GB game, I shudder to think how large PS4 games will be. :p

Anyway, the waiting game continues...

waiting.gif

Wasn't Killzone recently mentioned as being 50GB?

They've confirmed the game comes on disk and isn't a download code.

It's a physical copy

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/26/killzone-shadow-fall-ps4-bundles-unveiled/

It’s a physical copy of the game – not a code. Hope that helps make up your mind!

I thought it would be, just left me wondering for a moment due to the wording, bring on the bundle ShopTo! :D

shopto news for PS4 megabundle -

Hi, we have got our allocation we are working on a new system that should go live by end of this week.. you will be notified via ticket that the offer is available, a big pop up will appear to you once login, you will be able to select Yes or NO.. if you select No the offer will go to next user and he will be notified via ticket... you have 48 hours to select Yes or No after that we will offer to next user.. this system will be live until the 28/11/2013.. so any cancellation at later stage will free up units for next one in line.. so NEVER say NEVER until the 28/11/2013

Does "via ticket" mean "via email" or do they expect people to log in all the time?

(he says, having not pre-ordered one but in a nosey mood).

Does "via ticket" mean "via email" or do they expect people to log in all the time?

(he says, having not pre-ordered one but in a nosey mood).

It means email, nosey.

Sony to release free Knack iOS puzzle game

Upcoming app is part of Sony's new attempt "to embrace mobile products"

"We've totally shifted our way of thinking," Yoshida stated. "Through the companion apps, the official PlayStation app and game dedicated apps... in some cases, we're creating small games that go with PS4 titles. We're releasing a puzzle game themed around Knack that you can play for free.

"It's fun, and by playing the game you earn some items that you can use on PS4. People might be motivated, because they've already unlocked some items, to take a look at what this Knack game on the PS4 is all about."

Yoshida also explained Sony's general decision to embrace mobile devices as useful tools rather than competing products. "What we're saying now is that we've totally changed our approach to mobile products like smartphones and tablets," he said. "In the past, we felt like these guys were competition to our portable games, in general - but now, everyone owns these smartphones and tablets.

"It's like everyone had a PC before - it's a tool that people use every day. Why not try to include them in the PlayStation ecosystem? Not that we're releasing lots of games on these mobile products, but to somehow push our PlayStation information to these devices that people already use every day.

"Lots of people don't seek out game-specific info - they're busy. But because they use social network services, App Stores... Let's push our info to them. That's why we are creating the hook, releasing the official PlayStation apps on Android and iOS at the launch of PS4.

"That has many functions - if you own a PS4, it's your connection to your own games or console, or your PlayStation Network community. Even if you don't own a PS4, it can be a way to find out what's happening in the PlayStation world, or you could use these devices as an input device for PS4."

Yet another smart move from Sony. Moving with the times; they're doing it.

For people who have ordered with Shopto, will you be going for the DPD shipping or TNT shipping? I'm not sure who to go with.

I don't remember selecting it but mine says 'FREE - DPD Next Business Day' shipping.

For people who have ordered with Shopto, will you be going for the DPD shipping or TNT shipping? I'm not sure who to go with.

TNT upped their prices, so ShopTo aren't using them any more.

I'll likely be among the first to be offered it, so I'll let you know.