NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yeah i had fun at eurogamer. I played Killzone and Resogun. Both were excellent fun. So quite happy with buying a PS4 so far. Controller is a nice improvement. Its different but also similar. Touchpad is very clever. Triggers are actually decent this time but i am so used to R1 and L1 now lol.

I'll give more detailed impressions later. PS4 stuff looked good graphically though. No worries there. Even Knack looked like a shrek Blu ray at times. The indie games were also good looking like high end pc stuff (Warframe and War Thunder included). Planetside 2 was missing lol. I wanna how those million particle explosions translate ;)

Some of the Xbone stuff was odd. Variable resolutions and Bf4 looked bad. Killer instinct and bf4 looked closer to 720p than 1080p. Bf4 was also very blurry. Low res textures. Worse than Bf3 low settings on pc in some ways... Hoping its early. 360 was also oddly out of action. Loads of PS3 instead. Which was odd to see.

The wiiU was popular with kids. I think this was the most family friendly eurogamer so far. So it helped Nintendo i think. Tearaway was also awesome. they gave badges and a hat.

Edited by Choze

My preorder hinges on this: are the analog sticks still deadzoned dinghies floating in a barrel of oil?

My preorder hinges on this: are the analog sticks still deadzoned dinghies floating in a barrel of oil?

Are they what??

No what I meant is he found DS3 to be too rigid, and was wondering if they've loosened up with the DS4. But I may be wrong, its difficult to tell with that peon.

The Dual Shock analogue sticks have always been the controller's biggest let down for me. They move far too easily making precision a lost cause at any point between 0 and 1. Not that many games make much use of analogue movement these days anyway.

^ Heh, so some are saying they move too easy, some saying too rigid. Seems a personal preference thing to me. I've always preferred them to the 360 sticks.

Nah the sticks are horrendous. They have colossal dead zones, literally bigger than any console you could care to name with analog sticks, and are far too loose. They make the whole controller feel tacky, and substantially reduce the accuracy you're capable of.

I don't even know what you mean when you say a dead zone. You mean if you turn the stick in a particular direction, nothing happens? I've never experienced anything like that.

I didn't realise what everyone was on about until everyone started pointing it out (thanks, assholes). But they're there. From all accounts the DS4's sticks are tighter than the Xbox One's.

I don't even know what you mean when you say a dead zone. You mean if you turn the stick in a particular direction, nothing happens? I've never experienced anything like that.

It means that for the first X degrees, moving the stick will do nothing. The 360's was too small, as the stick could wear and the default position would be off-centre (resulting in you moving sideways).

Hmm. I guess that could be a problem, but to be honest I never need to move the slightest bit that I could probably notice it.

When is this bundle going to go live? I want to do my ShopTo swap!!

It's gone Live, at least at GAME.

As Eurogamer revealed yesterday, retailers have begun alerting those who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 about the new official bundle options that are available to them.

First off the bat is GAME. It's offering an upgrade to the PS4 mega bundle, which includes the console, Killzone Shadow Fall, a second DualShock 4 controller and the PlayStation Camera for £449.99 - that's £21 more expensive than an Xbox One.

Yesterday Sony UK boss Fergal Gara told Eurogamer he expected retailers to sell the bundle for £10 either side of Microsoft's Xbox One UK price, so GAME's offer comes in a little expensive.

Also available is a PS4 with Killzone bundle for £399.99, and a PS4 with Watch Dogs, also for £399.99. The PS4 on its own costs £349 in the UK.

Good stuff. Hopefully since I ordered literally in the middle of the E3 conference I'll have a good chance of getting one.

Good stuff. Hopefully since I ordered literally in the middle of the E3 conference I'll have a good chance of getting one.

Why did you leave it so late?

Got this email from ShopTo

Thank you for pre-ordering PlayStation 4 with us.

We have some fantastic news - we are delighted to let you know that we can guarantee your PlayStation 4 console for launch on 29th November!

As you may have read Sony have recently announced three new PlayStation 4 console bundles. We are currently working on our stock allocation for these and will notify you next week if a swap option from your current pre-order to one of these new bundles will be available to you.

Shopto I could kiss you!

Despite not preordering my PS4 until August the 21st this is well after the August 6th deadline to guarantee to get a PS4 on launch day - I got this email today.

Thank you for pre-ordering PlayStation 4 with us.

We have some fantastic news - we are delighted to let you know that we can guarantee your PlayStation 4 console for launch on 29th November!

As you may have read Sony have recently announced three new PlayStation 4 console bundles. We are currently working on our stock allocation for these and will notify you next week if a swap option from your current pre-order to one of these new bundles will be available to you.

We hope that you have a great weekend and that this exciting news makes it even better! We're off to relax for a couple of days but if you have any queries please note we are open Monday to Friday between 9am-6pm.

I'm fucking delighted and hope i can get me a bundle!

Killzone Bundle Please!

best_animated_gifs_of_all_time_6.gif

Shopto I could kiss you!

Despite not preordering my PS4 until August the 21st this is well after the August 6th deadline to guarantee to get a PS4 on launch day - I got this email today.

I'm fucking delighted and hope i can get me a bundle!

Killzone Bundle Please!

best_animated_gifs_of_all_time_6.gif

I got a pre order with amazon i hope i can upgrade?