NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Is that implying we'll get more Uncharted as a series in the future but a whole new cast of characters?

I'll be there day 1 for the collection. I absolutely love the series, easily one of the best new IPs to come out of the last generation.

I wonder if the multiplayer modes will make it across?

I'll be there day 1 for the collection. I absolutely love the series, easily one of the best new IPs to come out of the last generation.

I wonder if the multiplayer modes will make it across?

Obviously I don't know what the series is about nor what gente it is.

What is it?

What is it?

Story driven, 3rd person action game. Think Tomb Raider but more lighthearted. There are some great LOL moments throughout the series and I find the main cast of characters very likable.

What is it?

Ah man, to experience Uncharted 2 for the first time.... Epic game. It's like being inside a huge, awesome blockbuster action movie that just keeps going and going.

Been looking into the PS4 fan noise situation a bit more. It appears to be completely random as to whether you get a noisy one or not. :blank:

Here's a vid which demonstrates the level of noise I'm talking about, for those lucky enough to have a silent model:

Skip to around 1:10 for the part when it really kicks in.

And here's another vid by the same guy, after getting a replacement system:

To be honest I can live with it, just crank up my surround sound, and it's obviously not an issue when using headphones. But I do worry that my PS4 could die on me before I even get to play the games I've been looking forward to. :heh:

What do the N-E tech-heads reckon, cause for concern, or nothing to worry about? :hmm:

don't know if mine is noisy or not, I'm guessing not as I often play late at night with the tv volume low so I would notice. Mine just doesn't output sound about 50% of the time and I have to plug in headphones to get sound from the controller.

Just found out that PGA 15 won't use motion controls which is complete bullshit. Back to tap A to start swing tap A again to finish swing, i thought the industry had moved on but it appears that graphics are more important than playability. EA are like FIFA!

I know you love motion controls but you have to remember that a large portion of gaming fans dont. It was a fad that has thankfully started to go away again.

I hate motion controls. First thing I did when I played Splatoon was to turn them off. If I wanted to wave my arms around like a maniac I'd exercise.

don't know if mine is noisy or not, I'm guessing not as I often play late at night with the tv volume low so I would notice. Mine just doesn't output sound about 50% of the time and I have to plug in headphones to get sound from the controller.

Just found out that PGA 15 won't use motion controls which is complete bullshit. Back to tap A to start swing tap A again to finish swing, i thought the industry had moved on but it appears that graphics are more important than playability. EA are like FIFA!

Motion controls were always going to be temporary. Very few games went on to use Wii M+ instead of just waggle and even Nintendo opted out of retaining that control mechanism as the primary controller input for Wii U. It was a fad - People have moved on.

Just spotted that Hotline Miami is £2 on the PSN store. If you haven't already, download it. So good.

I know you love motion controls but you have to remember that a large portion of gaming fans dont. It was a fad that has thankfully started to go away again.

Nothing wrong with having options, though. I personally love being able to make adjustments with aiming via motion - it was great in Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Golden Abyss' motion controls were beautiful. Closest you'll get to a mouse and keyboard.

VRFocus has been told by sources close to SCE that Project Morpheus will be seeing a ‘big push’ at the company’s annual press conference on 15th June 2015. Following that, ‘around half’ of its booth space, which is already known to be sizeable, will be devoted to showing the device. Videogames on display are said to be ‘first-party and exclusive Morpheus titles’ only, meaning anything also appearing on the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive won’t be featured. Many of these titles will have likely already been revealed in that press conference.

I hope they don't dwell on it much during their conference. Fair enough, have plenty of exposure on the show floor but not during the actual presser. You can't really sell the idea of VR with trailers.

granted some of it's use was done for the sake of it, but golf and tennis were brilliant with motion controls, very close to playing the actual game. It's a huge step backwards to just revert to button tapping.

Motion controls were always going to be temporary. Very few games went on to use Wii M+ instead of just waggle and even Nintendo opted out of retaining that control mechanism as the primary controller input for Wii U. It was a fad - People have moved on.

sure only a few games use it, but the games that do are far better for it.

You seem to have ignored my point that while you liked it, others didnt so of course for the rest of us, it wasnt a massive step forward at all. It was an arm flailing nightmare.

You seem to have ignored my point that while you liked it, others didnt so of course for the rest of us, it wasnt a massive step forward at all. It was an arm flailing nightmare.

If you were flailing you were doing it wrong!

If you were flailing you were doing it wrong!

Pfft, hole in one on every single course. :p

Nevermind :laughing:

Edit: Can't connect to anything PSN related...be it the store, my PSN account on any device or the SNE website...anybody else?

Edited by drahkon

I know that site, but even though everything was green that day nothing worked for me, that's why I asked here :p

Have a little more

in the site :heh:

Have a little more
in the site :heh:

I have more faith in this forum.

I have more faith in this forum.

giphy.gif

Anyway, this Real Eyes and Move 2 rumour...?