NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

HELP!

PS4 is driving me nuts. Quite often when I turn on the PS4 there is no sound output to the tv as if there are headphones plugged in to a controller, even though no headphones are plugged in and the only way i can get sound is to plug in some headphones. Can anybody tell me how to fix this please?

Hold ps button down, check audio output option.

Or maybe just a dodgy HDMI cable/connection?

I think we have had that happen once or twice. We just restarted the console and it was fine then.

Hold ps button down, check audio output option.

Or maybe just a dodgy HDMI cable/connection?

Pretty sure it'll be a HDMI issue. Had the same thing happen with mine, switched to a different HDMI cable and it was sorted.

Yeah I used to get that problem as well. I had to keep changing to a different HDMI input then back to the PS4 to get the sound back. All sorted now though.

Hate to hijack the thread here folks, but I was just wondering, where's the best place to buy PS Plus for cheap? Preferably a year subscription.

My PS Plus ran out the other day, and I forgot that my account is linked to my old card, so it failed to auto-renew. Kind of a good job, really, as £40 is a lot for me at the moment.

EDIT: Actually, I have £7.63 on my GAME Reward card, and want to trade in CoD: Advanced Warfare, so I might just do that instead...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Hate to hijack the thread here folks, but I was just wondering, where's the best place to buy PS Plus for cheap? Preferably a year subscription.

My PS Plus ran out the other day, and I forgot that my account is linked to my old card, so it failed to auto-renew. Kind of a good job, really, as £40 is a lot for me at the moment.

EDIT: Actually, I have £7.63 on my GAME Reward card, and want to trade in CoD: Advanced Warfare, so I might just do that instead...

There really isn't a place to get cheap PS+ these days, not since the PS4 has come out. Could try CD Keys, they have one for £36 at the moment. Think of all them free games which pays for itself.

There really isn't a place to get cheap PS+ these days, not since the PS4 has come out. Could try CD Keys, they have one for £36 at the moment. Think of all them free games which pays for itself.

I already used my reward card points, and traded in CoD towards it, cheers though anyway. It only cost me about £20ish after that, so not bad. :)

I've just ranted in the FIFA thread about this, but PS4 doesn't have legends on FIFA?!

Why is this console selling? The controllers wear out, the main rival has a superior version of one of it's two main games, so fucking angry I didn't buy an xb1 now. At this point I don't even know who I blame more this, Sony, Microsoft or EA.

I've just ranted in the FIFA thread about this, but PS4 doesn't have legends on FIFA?!

Why is this console selling? The controllers wear out, the main rival has a superior version of one of it's two main games, so fucking angry I didn't buy an xb1 now. At this point I don't even know who I blame more this, Sony, Microsoft or EA.

If you want to blame someone then blame yourself. If you were such a big Fifa fan you should have know this. Hell, Microsoft made a big song and dance about it when they secured the deal.

It may change for this year as EA were in bed with MS when they thought they would be the market leader. Obviously that hasn't panned out.

As for why the console is selling, good price point, plenty of games ( if they don't appeal to you then that's your issue ), good marketing and a clear vision of what they set out to do with the machine.

Aren't they obscenely expensive anyway? And the chances of getting one in a pack are like a million to one. :p

Until Dawn arrives in August.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm looking forward to this.

I quite like slasher movies in a sit-back-and-lol kinda way. Hope this lives up to expectations.

I can see it getting average review scores because I think it'll be hard to review and an acquired taste.

As for why the console is selling, good price point, plenty of games ( if they don't appeal to you then that's your issue ), good marketing and a clear vision of what they set out to do with the machine.

This is what I like about the PS4 - there is literally a game for every taste!

I wont expect this to last long. Going by sales, its going to be increasingly hard keeping stuff exclusive to the bone as time goes on. Same goes for forced technical parity in games like Fifa and Destiny by big publishers. Look at the Witcher 3 PS4 near double the xbox one sales in the Uk. Now imagine worldwide...

Edited by Choze

Yeah, the actual odds of getting a Legend is ludicrous. I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed one statistically for every ~£3000 that you spend...or was it ~£1300, I can't remember exactly. Either way, you'd probably never get a Legend.

Also, why buy a PS4 to pay FIFA? Get a 360.

Edited by Daft

Wow, people actually spend money to unlock players now in the games they already bought? What kind of bullshit is this?

Wow, people actually spend money to unlock players now in the games they already bought? What kind of bullshit is this?

FIFA Legend Amiibos!

At Sony's 2015 Investor Relations Day today, Sony Computer Entertainment president and global CEO Andrew House detailed the company's strategy for the coming year, including how it will address some shortcomings.

House began his presentation on a positive note, talking up PlayStation 4 as "the fastest selling hardware platform in our history," showing better-than expected growth and pushing PlayStation Plus subscriptions to twice what they were in fiscal year 2013. He said the company has a competitive advantage for the moment, and laid out three ways it hopes to maintain that. In addition to next year's launch of the Project Morpheus virtual reality headset and continued cost reduction efforts, House said the company needs quality software.

"We are working very hard to continue very strong support from third-party pubs and devs," House said. "Our first-party lineup is a little sparse this year, so I think this places even greater emphasis on getting good third-party support."

At least they are admitting it. It may be a rough E3 for them.

Ultimately they are paying the price for supporting the PS3 so late into the gen with new I.P like Beyond, TLoU and Puppeteer, as well as games such as Gran Turismo and Sly 4. I don't hold it against them to be honest because at least they supported the PS3 in its later years, unlike Nintendo and Microsoft with their last gen consoles. I trust Sony to release I.P throughout the entirety of PS4's lifespan, even if we don't see the fruits of that commitment this Winter.

I feel like I am actually drowning in games, I must have 4 games that I haven't even opened (Wolfenstein, Dragon Age, Diablo 3, AC Unity) because I spend so much time playing Destiny and previously Bloodborne, and right now the Witcher too. And there's a few more I want too. Fuck me, if they have a slow E3 I will not be complaining. :heh:

I wonder if it means we'll have a slow E3 from them or we'll get some good annoucements but they just wont be out this year