NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Anyway, this Real Eyes and Move 2 rumour...?

PlayStation_Move_2_01.jpg

No analog sticks?

Can't believe this is real. I really hope this isn't real...

What do the N-E tech-heads reckon, cause for concern, or nothing to worry about? :hmm:

It's definitely random. My PS4 is super quiet, you simply can't hear it from during position one better away.

It's only an assumption, but its surely either the disk drive or fan? Neither of which I'd be happy making that sound! I say return it, it'll be free within the first year under warranty - its not something you should have to put up with.

No analog sticks?

I suspect it's because the DS4 will be compatible anyway and these need to be relatively cheap to produce to come packaged with.

I suspect it's because the DS4 will be compatible anyway and these need to be relatively cheap to produce to come packaged with.

Was thinking the same.

But one analog stick would be nice, though...

No analog sticks?

My first thought when seeing those controllers: Motion controlled? That would explain the lack of analogue sticks, I think.

We still haven't seen anything more of that Media Molecules, Move sculpting thing. If it still exists maybe we'll see the two together.

You seem to have ignored my point that while you liked it, others didnt so of course for the rest of us, it wasnt a massive step forward at all. It was an arm flailing nightmare.

playing a golf game exactly like playing actual golf isn't a step forward? I can only assume you don't play golf. As a golfer, motion controls were a revolution.

As somebody else said, why would EA at the very least not put them in and give us the option? The answer is because they are lazy, money grabbing cnuts. I bet there will be a £79.99 DLC option to buy a rare set of clubs or something.

playing a golf game exactly like playing actual golf isn't a step forward? I can only assume you don't play golf. As a golfer, motion controls were a revolution.

As somebody else said, why would EA at the very least not put them in and give us the option? The answer is because they are lazy, money grabbing cnuts. I bet there will be a £79.99 DLC option to buy a rare set of clubs or something.

I said for the rest of us it wasnt a massive step forward because we dont like motion controls, something you seem to be unable to grasp.

I suppose people will be in the NE-Chat room tonight? : peace:

I'll be there. Kind of expecting to not be surprised by anything.

I'll be there. Kind of expecting to not be surprised by anything.

Yeah. Not expecting to be completely disappointed but my hopes for really mind-blowing stuff aren't exactly high, either :laughing:

Morpheus will most probably be the focus.

Yeah. Not expecting to be completely disappointed but my hopes for really mind-blowing stuff aren't exactly high, either :laughing:

Morpheus will most probably be the focus.

Half the showing is Morpheus. Half the showfloor too. VR is the rage. Morpheus is pegged at $500 or so 'if' they go cheap.

I said for the rest of us it wasnt a massive step forward because we dont like motion controls, something you seem to be unable to grasp.

i don't doubt there are people that don't like motion controls. I have no problem grasping that concept. It's a bit bizarre to be questioning me as to why I can't grasp this whilst you ignore the fact that there are lots of people who want motion controls. My issue is that anybody who plays golf would appreciate that motion controls provide a much more realistic swing mechanism than just tapping A and any game company interested in making the best game they could would include the option. It's testament to EA that they have scrapped it, especially considering their favourable relationship with Microsoft, who's console comes pre packaged with Kinect, but will no doubt have numerous DLC options for purchase. I wouldn't be surprised if EA actually offered motion controls as purchasable DLC.

It's a bit bizarre to be questioning me as to why I can't grasp this whilst you ignore the fact that there are lots of people who want motion controls.

I am sure there are people who still want motion controls. What im saying though is that there isnt enough to make it worthwhile. There was a pretty hard swing away from motion controlled games and theres a reason for that, a lot of people do not like them.

Yes motion controls may make it more like playing actual golf, but whos to say people need that level of realism? Especially while looking like a twat in your living room.

I really do get that you love motion controls and want the same experience as the real life game but you need to accept the fact that you are most likely in the minority there.

I am sure there are people who still want motion controls. What im saying though is that there isnt enough to make it worthwhile. There was a pretty hard swing away from motion controlled games and theres a reason for that, a lot of people do not like them.

Yes motion controls may make it more like playing actual golf, but whos to say people need that level of realism? Especially while looking like a twat in your living room.

I really do get that you love motion controls and want the same experience as the real life game but you need to accept the fact that you are most likely in the minority there.

OK Rafa. Whilst we're at it let's get rid of shoulder buttons and analogue sticks and rumble features and go back to a d-pad with two buttons because nobody wants games to be realistic do they, we just want to tap A every few seconds to get out gaming hit.

I would consider that 100+ million Wii's sold would suggest a slightly different viewpoint to your fact that "people who like motion controls are in the minority"

OK Rafa. Whilst we're at it let's get rid of shoulder buttons and analogue sticks and rumble features and go back to a d-pad with two buttons because nobody wants games to be realistic do they, we just want to tap A every few seconds to get out gaming hit.

I would consider that 100+ million Wii's sold would suggest a slightly different viewpoint to your fact that "people who like motion controls are in the minority"

And even Nintendo removed it as their primary control function, that should tell you something. Yes they sold a lot but it was a fad that has since started to die out.

Im done with this anyway. I've had conversations with you before and its like talking to a brick wall. I'm very happy that you still enjoy motion controls (and by very happy I mean I couldnt care less)

I like motion controls.

Lol and as I said, I'm sure a lot of people do. (they're all chumps however)

Lol and as I said, I'm sure a lot of people do. (they're all chumps however)

Hey! I like motion controls and I'm not a chu... oh no, wait, I am a chump. ::shrug:

Hey! I like motion controls and I'm not a chu... oh no, wait, I am a chump. ::shrug:

We're all chumps

Time Crisis 5 been anounced yet for PS4? Would work well with Move.

Well that was utterly spectacular!

It might still get delayed into oblivion like last time, but that was an amazing showing for TLG! A real system seller for me if it actually comes out this time!

Devolver Digital is awesome :D

The press conference was insane. The first few minutes were packed with incredible announcements. :bowdown:

My only real gripe: No release dates...

I mean, 2015 will have enough games coming out, but I would've loved to see at least some release date announcements...

Still...FFVII, Shenmue 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Dreams, The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky, Destiny (even though I'm not particularly interested anymore, Destiny is an important franchise), Uncharted 4, Firewatch, Devolver Digital's indies and the deal with Activion/CoD (which is fucking huge for Sony cue the: "lol Sony moneyhatting LOLOLOLOLOLOL"-comments)

Just amazing. : peace:

Can't wait for Gamescom now, to be honest :laughing: