NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Why don't you just try out Drive Club on PS+ and then upgrade it if you like it? It'll probably be cheaper that way.

I'll just wait on reviews, if the reviews say 90% + then I'll keep my retail version, if they are significantly below then I will cancel it but certainly won't upgrade digitally - or even download if it's free - as my connection really isn't very good at all... :/

As I said, we'll see. : peace:

Sorry, but I'm being a lazy git, as I could find this out with a bit of research.

I am interested in preordering a PS4, but flatly refuse to pay for online play. I know Sony have a subscription package, do I need this to play online or is this for extra services.

Cheers bluds

Sorry, but I'm being a lazy git, as I could find this out with a bit of research.

I am interested in preordering a PS4, but flatly refuse to pay for online play. I know Sony have a subscription package, do I need this to play online or is this for extra services.

Cheers bluds

You could buy it and just not play it online. :p

Although there is a subscription of £40 a year (max), this gives you monthly free games (usually 1-2 decent full retail games for download, and four smaller games) to use across the PS consoles. The general consensus is that if you buy a PS3 (4) and don't get PS+ you're doing it wrong anyway.

You've got to admit though, posting something like that on their Twitter page that was about them and viewable by them, even if it wasn't directed at them isn't exactly the smartest move. :heh:

Still maybe a little bit of an overreaction but technically if it's on their page then I can see how legally at least it would come under abusive language, but yeah... not the smartest move from ShopTo perhaps.

Personally I'm not too fussed about the price, I thought it was a good deal for the mega-bundle, if Amazon undercut by £20 - really don't see how they could as £449.99 for the PS4 with 2 controllers, Killzone AND the camera is already cheap - then fair enough but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter because the bundle is technically sold out anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------

Only about five weeks or so away now, better start trying to save a bit between now and then. : peace:

Still maybe a little bit of an overreaction but technically if it's on their page then I can see how legally at least it would come under abusive language, but yeah... not the smartest move from ShopTo perhaps.

But it wasnt on there page. The guy sent them a message asking if the price would change and got a DM answer. He then was having a conversation with a friend about the price and said something a bit stupid but to be honest, not something any one of us probably hasnt said in a forum post etc. ShopTo were not involved in the coversation.

As someone in the NeoGaf thread said, its the equivalent of standing outside a store and complaining about a price to a friend then having someone from the store come out and cancel your preorder.

But it wasnt on there page. The guy sent them a message asking if the price would change and got a DM answer. He then was having a conversation with a friend about the price and said something a bit stupid but to be honest, not something any one of us probably hasnt said in a forum post etc. ShopTo were not involved in the coversation.

As someone in the NeoGaf thread said, its the equivalent of standing outside a store and complaining about a price to a friend then having someone from the store come out and cancel your preorder.

I'm not overly familiar with the ins and outs of Twitter but what I mean is even though it was in a conversation between him and his friend, ShopTo must have been able to read it because they quoted him on it, if it had been a private message then I can't see why this would have been a problem.

Either way it's still a bit of an overreaction by the company, I don't know what else to say though as on that NeoGaf thread they seem to be slagging off ShopTo a hell of a lot, am I the only person who has had consistently good customer service from them? :blank:

I'm not overly familiar with the ins and outs of Twitter but what I mean is even though it was in a conversation between him and his friend, ShopTo must have been able to read it because they quoted him on it, if it had been a private message then I can't see why this would have been a problem.

Either way it's still a bit of an overreaction by the company, I don't know what else to say though as on that NeoGaf thread they seem to be slagging off ShopTo a hell of a lot, am I the only person who has had consistently good customer service from them? :blank:

It would just have come from either ShopTo searching for their name on Twitter (which im sure they do) or just reading some of the guys tweets after he asked about the price difference. Either way though the message was not directed at ShopTo and the guy was just venting.

Ive had fine service through the website itself but whoever is running the twitter account does seem to be a different story I guess.

EDIT: They've just said on Twitter that they'll be making a statement soon

Cancelled my pre-order. Decided I'm not really that fussed at the moment and have better things to spend money on!

Will probably cave round Christmas :(

Holy fuck they apologized to him and are giving him the PS4 FREE OF MOTHERFUCKING CHARGE! maybe i should indirectly swear at shopto :p

EDIT: also the DS4 is the best controller ever

I'm a little iffy on that, a free PS4 for Shopto's bugger up. £50 free credit should have been sufficient, which he could have used on his PS4 bundle and bought it down to under £400

I'm a little iffy on that, a free PS4 for Shopto's bugger up. £50 free credit should have been sufficient, which he could have used on his PS4 bundle and bought it down to under £400

Same, I wouldn't have given him anything personally... :p but it's all for the sake of PR etc and they obviously don't want the bad press atm so it's the 'easy' way out for them.

As I said before I've never had any problems with them and that guy who slagged them off came across as a rather entitled little sod. :nono:

Same, I wouldn't have given him anything personally... :p but it's all for the sake of PR etc and they obviously don't want the bad press atm so it's the 'easy' way out for them.

As I said before I've never had any problems with them and that guy who slagged them off came across as a rather entitled little sod. :nono:

I've never had problems, every time i've contacted them about anything they've been helpful. Even changing my postal address when it wasn't possible my end.

The chap who slagged them off, probably one of the many who slagged off Shopto when GTA V wasn't delivered 1 day before release.

It's not like the guy demanded it, he just wanted his account and pre-order back and rightly so.

It was on honest mistake on ShopTo's part, but the guy has the right to whine and swear about the service to his friends.

If you talked to someone like that in a shop you'd be asked to leave. I think Shopto did right to cancel his preorder. But then I have zero tolerance for rudeness.

He wasn't in the shop though...this is the equivalent to being at a separate public venue and talking to your friend about the company, while an employee of the company has gone out of their way to get close to you to find out what you're saying about them. It's weird...

No it isn't. The comparison can't be made. Twitter is a point of broadcast with no limit. ShopTo and its consumers, as well as this tool, exist within the same digital space.

i suppose its more akin to being in say GAME and having a problem with the service, then while the assistant is doing something, turning to your mate and saying "man GAME can be so shit", which the employee then overhears and tells you to leave over because they don't stand for rudeness to staff

an odd issue, it was a private conversation in a public place, about a company he wasn't having perfect service with.

i'm honestly not sure where i stand on this situation, obviously previous post aside given the outcome, i'm not sure how it should be handled, as in the private messaging between him and shopto it looks like they were stalking his personal twitter feed. I see their response of using tweet deck and looking at any/all mentions of shopto, but then the same rep had to have been looking out for this guys name or its just a huge coincidence, but still begs a question of if the representative was meant to be helping this guy out, why was he at the same time monitoring tweets about shopto, that didn't include the @ symbol to direct them to him.

Dodgy on all fronts, so i think it would have been best just ignoring it originally, or just reinstating his pre-order

I think people need to learn that Tweeting and posting on people's Facebook walls are not private at all. And that most companies have alerts/searches set up for when you say the company name.

No it isn't. The comparison can't be made. Twitter is a point of broadcast with no limit. ShopTo and its consumers, as well as this tool, exist within the same digital space.

In a public place any of those people could be there too.

This is basically the opposite of what I believe in. Punishing people for expressing unhappiness with a company (even colourfully), not in a personal/harassing way and not even to them. You don't compete well and people will bitch. Deal with the cause and not the effects.

I think people need to learn that Tweeting and posting on people's Facebook walls are not private at all. And that most companies have alerts/searches set up for when you say the company name.

The privacy isn't the issue. It's that they should never have reacted that way in the first place. At least they admitted fault.

i suppose its more akin to being in say GAME and having a problem with the service, then while the assistant is doing something, turning to your mate and saying "man GAME can be so shit", which the employee then overhears and tells you to leave over because they don't stand for rudeness to staff

an odd issue, it was a private conversation in a public place, about a company he wasn't having perfect service with.

i'm honestly not sure where i stand on this situation, obviously previous post aside given the outcome, i'm not sure how it should be handled, as in the private messaging between him and shopto it looks like they were stalking his personal twitter feed. I see their response of using tweet deck and looking at any/all mentions of shopto, but then the same rep had to have been looking out for this guys name or its just a huge coincidence, but still begs a question of if the representative was meant to be helping this guy out, why was he at the same time monitoring tweets about shopto, that didn't include the @ symbol to direct them to him.

Dodgy on all fronts, so i think it would have been best just ignoring it originally, or just reinstating his pre-order

Close, but at least in that comparison the GAME staff could have overheard it without actively going out of his way. Either way, I find it really unlikely he'd have cancelled your order and banned you from the shop.

The first PS4 advert shown on US TV.

I've never been a fan of Sony's console launch adverts (come on man, the PS2 ad had a fucking duck) but I liked this one.