NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

it would be very stressful

"Stressful" is putting it mildly.

Last night I watched S2E6 and it was one of the most dread inducing pieces of media I've ever experienced.
It was masterfully crafted, acted and executed.

I couldn't sleep for an hour afterwards...

Kinda want to watch it again because it's so good, but part of me is also saying: "don't you dare, it made you feel like crap" :p

Got 2 months of Apple TV+ for free.

Watched the first episode of Constellation just now. It's ticking all the right boxes :D

Bought Green Wing on Apple TV yesterday as it's been years since I last watched it. I remember this show being funny but I guess I'd forgotten just how funny. Holds up so well.

18 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Bought Green Wing on Apple TV yesterday as it's been years since I last watched it. I remember this show being funny but I guess I'd forgotten just how funny. Holds up so well.

Isn't it still available on demand 4?

16 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Isn't it still available on demand 4?

Possibly but I've gone back to buying things digitally again now. Sick of things coming and going from streaming services.

Watching Death and other Details on Disney+

It's a whodunnit set on a cruise ship. It's set in present day, but the whole boat is done up in 40s aesthetics, so it seems like a period show.

It's a bit Poirot, in that they have a world famous detective on board, but it also reminds me a lot of that Spanish drama that was on Netflix a couple of years ago - High Seas.

Anyway, it's just the right amount of trashy twists and turns and mystery. My wife and I are loving it!

I've been watching the new Fallout series on Amazon and it's pretty good. I think its on of the best shows i've seen in a while.

I know next to nothing about the games, as I've only played Fallout 3 for about all of half an hour. So I'd say its worth watching even if you know nothing about games series, as it stands on its own feet

MV5BZjQ0YjAyNWQtMjRjMC00NzMxLTlkNjEtYWQz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trailer for Season 4 of The Boys

Can't wait :D

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed The Boys, but I felt that for the end of Season 3 they were too scared to kill any main characters off. It's rubbish when a series gets like that because it feels like the stakes are too low and there's no tension. 

Watched the first 2 episodes of the new season of Clarkson's Farm. Hilarious as ever. Given how the second season ended, I was actually surprised they were able to make a third.

Spoiler

Gutted about Gerald getting prostate cancer. Dude always cracked me up with his rants that nobody could understand. :D Hopefully he is able to pull through.

5 hours ago, Julius said:

Trailer for Season 4 of The Boys

Guess I need to watch Gen V soon :D

The Dune hype continues with Dune: Prophecy

10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atreides, before the universe knew them as the Bene Gesserit...

:bouncy:

Posted (edited)

Anybody watching Dark Matter on Apple TV?

It's pretty good. I read the book years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The show seems to change a few things and I think it's for the better.
Obviously, you need to switch off your brain and not think too deeply about the "science" behind everything and once you do: It's a fun ride.

Edited by drahkon

Like a Dragon/Yakuza series releasing this year on Amazon Prime.

image-20240603102654-1.jpeg

TOKYO, Japan—June 4, 2024—Prime Video today announced the exclusive premiere of the Japanese Original series, Like a Dragon: Yakuza, streaming from October 25 in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. The series is a live-action adaptation with an original story based on SEGA’s global hit game franchise, Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Directed by the critically acclaimed Masaharu Take, the series will feature Ryoma Takeuchi as the lead character, Kazuma Kiryu. Like a Dragon: Yakuza is the latest addition to the Prime membership. Prime members in Japan enjoy savings, convenience, and entertainment, all in a single membership.

Released in 2005 by SEGA, the ‘Yakuza’ game series was positioned as an entertaining game for adults, which found massive fanfare amongst its target audience. The series depicts the lives of fierce yet passionate gangsters and people living in a huge entertainment district, Kamurochō, a fictional district modeled after the violent Shinjuku ward’s Kabukichō, that acts as the backdrop of the gameplay. Like a Dragon: Yakuza showcases modern Japan and the dramatic stories of these intense characters, such as the legendary Kazuma Kiryu, that games in the past have not been able to explore. The much-loved game has captured the attention and hearts of fans not only in Japan but also internationally and will now be adapted, developed, and streamed worldwide on Prime Video. 

In 1995 and 2005, spanning across two time-periods, Like a Dragon: Yakuza, an original crime-suspense-action series, follows the life, childhood friends, and repercussions of the decisions of Kazuma Kiryu, a fearsome and peerless Yakuza warrior with a strong sense of justice, duty, and humanity. 

Playing the lead, Ryoma Takeuchi said, “I am truly honored to be given the opportunity to play the role of Kazuma Kiryu, a beloved character and the game series. I strongly felt that I was willing to put my life on the line. Audience will enjoy the show's human drama and conflict that unfolds around Kazuma Kiryu. Moreover, please take a look Kiryu's intense fighting scenes with the Dragon tattoo on his back.”

“I have poured out my heart, soul, and the experience that I have garnered over 35 years into Like a Dragon: Yakuza,” said director Masaharu Take. “The unbridled passion, talent, and countless hours of efforts from the entire team have helped bring this spectacular story to life in the form of a riveting series that will be launched this year, the year of the dragon. Please look forward to Kazuma Kiryu, played by Ryoma Takeuchi.”

“We are thrilled and extremely excited to announce the Amazon Original action-drama Like a Dragon: Yakuza, based on the popular Japanese game series,” said James Farrell, Head of International Originals, Amazon MGM Studios. “The unfettered appeal for Japanese content from within Japan and other parts of the world has been growing exponentially. While Prime Video Japan continues to offer a variety of content across genres, adapting an internationally popular game franchise that has such deep resonance and layered characters presents a unique charm and makes for an extremely compelling watch. We are committed to augmenting our content library and are confident that Like a Dragon: Yakuza will strike a chord with audiences all over the world.”

Masayoshi Yokoyama, Head of RYUGAGOTOKU Studio and Executive Producer, further added,

"Since the day I first put pen to paper on the original “Yakuza“'s script, I've never once thought about revisiting any of my work on the series. It's because I understand all too well the challenges and hardships that come with remaking a finished title. However, if I were ever sent to the past through some kind of cosmic joke, this is the experience I'd want to create. If I had to go through the wringer anyhow, I'd want to make the most engaging versions of Kamurochō and Kazuma Kiryu I could —and this show has it all. There is no question that Prime Video’s Like a Dragon: Yakuza will become another landmark release for the Like a Dragon series. While the games let you experience their world through the subjective lens, this adaptation will be the ultimately objective way to enjoy the show. I have no doubt that fans of the series will be drawn to how it brings the games to life and adds new surprises. Newcomers, I'm sure will find themselves invested simply in the gritty realism of the show. If anything, I'd love to watch this version alongside audiences all around the world—experiencing all of its intensity and soaking in every single second."

Like a Dragon: Yakuza, an Amazon Original series based on the globally popular game, will be exclusively available on Prime Video worldwide starting on October 25, 2024.

It's gonna be hard to top the narratives that occur in the games but I'll certainly give it a watch.

On 04/05/2024 at 3:40 PM, drahkon said:

Guess I need to watch Gen V soon :D

You won’t miss out on main stories from what I gathered. It’s worth a watch as it seems to take place just after the end of series 3 and there are little bits of info in there relating to The Boys. But you won’t lose anything by not watching it. 

• Thanks 1