NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

In my experience, the eShop updates at 15:00 CEST/14:00 BST sharp! I've never seen an update late, even by minutes, and I'm usually online on my Wii U this time every week if my schedule allows it.

Yeah, Toki Tori 2 is now €2.99. Was looking at it there. Love that price, must put some money in my account. What I don't love is the file size. It's over 1GB's. I was not expecting that. I'm conflicted now.

I've been playing my review copy of ShovelKnight..If you like old school platformers, PLEASE check this out once it hits the eshop. It's a great mix of megaman and ducktales so far :)

I've been playing my review copy of ShovelKnight..If you like old school platformers, PLEASE check this out once it hits the eshop. It's a great mix of megaman and ducktales so far :)

I bloody can't wait for that game... Too bad that there's still no release date!

I bloody can't wait for that game... Too bad that there's still no release date!
I've got my eye on it too, shame we still don't know when to expect it. :hmm:

Does anybody know if DLC codes (activated through the Wii U eShop) from other European countries would work on my Norwegian Wii U?

Asking because I really want this pre-order DLC and the only stores I can find who offer it are amazon.fr and amazon.de

Does anybody know if DLC codes (activated through the Wii U eShop) from other European countries would work on my Norwegian Wii U?

Asking because I really want this pre-order DLC and the only stores I can find who offer it are amazon.fr and amazon.de

Yes, EU codes are region free within the EU...

HOWEVER... There is an exception... for games that are released in each language separately (i.e not Multi5); those games' respective codes will only get you that specific language version (The only ones I know of that do this are the two Layton games on 3DS and Link's Awakening VC, but it's still something you should keep in mind...)

By and large though, those codes should work just fine on any EU 3DS/Wii U :)

Edited by Dcubed

The game is definitely Multi5 (or at least the digital version is according to the Wii U eShop), so I'll take a chance and place the pre-order! Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Toki Tori 2+: Buy or not buy?

Buy!

Toki Tori 2 is one of my all time favourite games!

Just snapped up Toki Tori 2+ ( as well as Castlevania and Mega Man ) to play at some point. I figured why the hell not give it a shot for the sake if £2.50.

Toki Tori 2+: Buy or not buy?

Don't ask, just buy it!

Buy!

Toki Tori 2 is one of my all time favourite games!

:heart: Toki Tori is amazing. Everyone should play it.

Just snapped up Toki Tori 2+ ( as well as Castlevania and Mega Man ) to play at some point. I figured why the hell not give it a shot for the sake if £2.50.

Why make it sound so throwaway? So disrespectful. Did you not even buy Toki Tori on the Wii?!?! :o

Why make it sound so throwaway? So disrespectful. Did you not even buy Toki Tori on the Wii?!?! :o

Nah, even though you kept telling me over and over to get it bought and played. :D

Nah, even though you kept telling me over and over to get it bought and played. :D

I just... :( So much time and energy wasted. If you hadn't changed your Wii friend code I'd gift you it right now!

Wii Sports Club: Baseball + Boxing - Double-Sport Pass (Nintendo) - €9.99 /£8.99

Wii Sports Club: Day Pass (Nintendo) - €1.99/£1.79

The five beloved sports from the original Wii Sports - bowling, tennis, baseball, boxing and golf - make a dramatic and competitive return on Wii U! The games have been released individually as downloads featuring HD graphics, enhanced controls via Wii MotionPlus technology, as well as a much-requested online multiplayer versus mode.

In Baseball, the use of the Wii Remote Plus controller enables novice hitters and expert sluggers alike greater control and precision when going for that all-important home run. In the field, pitching is performed by holding the GamePad upright, with the action taking place in first-person view. Different types of pitch can be selected to attempt to bamboozle the batsman, but it's down to you to adjust the power and aim of your throw. If the opponent does manage to return your pitch, try to keep the centre of the GamePad aimed at the ball, as a catching opportunity may even come your way...

With Boxing, bobbing and weaving your way to victory is now more fun and challenging than ever before, with players able to use one Wii Remote Plus controller in each hand to allow for more precise offensive and defensive manoeuvres. Before you enter the ring and represent your regional club online however, don't forget to hone your technique by taking on Skill Shaper challenges such as Speed Bag, which requires players to keep an eye on an overhead display and pull off the right punches in the order instructed, or Pro Puncher, where players must use speed and accuracy to smash targets that appear in front of them

48-hour Free Trial from 27/06/14:

To celebrate the launch of Boxing and Baseball, you can enjoy playing them and all other available sports free for 48 hours. The first time Wii Sports Club is played after the release of Boxing and Baseball, the 48-hour free play period will begin automatically. (SpotPass content must be enabled for Wii Sports Club in order to take part in the promotion. Internet connection required during play.)

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Namco Bandai Games) - €54.99/£43.99

The Straw Hat Pirates befriend a mysterious raccoon named Pato who possesses a power to create anything drawn onto a leaf. In order to help their new friend, they agree to assist Pato on an mission "to meet someone;" Pato then leads the crew to the Forgotten Island where all the Straw Hat Pirates except Luffy are kidnapped by a wicked pirate named The Red Count, who had escaped from Impel Down two years ago. With Pato's help, Luffy must fight to recover his crew from the enemy's grasp and find out exactly what The Red Count's evil plots are...

Blok Drop U (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.29

BLOK DROP U is a simple yet challenging, physics-based puzzle game exclusively for Wii UTM. Your goal is to guide the red blok safely to rest on any of the normal platforms by tapping, and destroying, the grey bloks. A number of different obstacles such as open holes, blades, bounce bloks and more will try to destroy your red blok.

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (OXYGENES RL) - €29.90/£24.90

Play and have fun with the fantastic Luv Me Buddies puppets and experience an exciting adventure along with your nice, new friends! In a colourful world, you will discover many mini-games designed for children, which will entertain, amuse and involve the whole family for beautiful moments of pure relaxation! The Luv Me Buddies game is challenging, fun, educational activities, with fancy and sparkling graphics. Each time you interact with one of the lovable and cute little animals, you increase your chances in the game, unlocking new mini-games for a never ending experience. Bright colours, catchy music and magical settings. The game stimulates children's imagination and helps them to interact with their creativity.

Mario Power Tennis (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Do you have the skills to go head-to-head with the tennis pros of the Mario universe? As a young rookie enrolled in the Royal Tennis Academy, train your character and build up their stats before you take on the Mushroom Kingdom's best! Part role-playing game, part sports simulation, Mario Power TennisTM lets you take your character to the top in Power Tour Mode and master Power Shots in Power Training Mode. Enjoy the wide repertoire of moves with quick and simple controls, and look out for many familiar faces!

Undecided if I should jump on the Wii Sports games now or buy the retail. I think it would be better to have them on the system at all times though.

Digital price for One Piece isn't too bad.

Hell yeah to Mario Power Tennis! Definitely making a cheeky purchase on that!

It's the GBA version? Excellent. Won't get it now, but definitely at some point In The future.

This week's Wii U eShop releases; 03/07/2014

Wii U eShop

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studios, €13.99 / £11.99) - Guacamelee! STCE is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore. The game features melee combat, parallel dimensions and same-screen co-op. This new Super Turbo Championship Edition also includes extra abilities, more level content and enhanced graphics. Also chickens.

Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games, €6.00 / £5.50 - Special introductory price: €4.50 / £4.00 until 24/07/14) - Armillo is a rolling platforming game with a sci-fi parallel universe theme. Roll around in spherical 3D worlds. Then enter a bonus stage on the moon. There's also the evil parallel universe and special 2D speed-run inspired levels. Lots of unexpected deadly twists, and surprises await!

Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (NOCTURNAL, €5.00 / £4.00 - Special introductory price: €2.50 / £2.00 until 31/07/14) - During a routine space trip, Follie's ship mysteriously malfunctions and crash lands on Elilia, losing all her precious Flowerwork seeds. Before long, her very sanity is threatened by drab surroundings and uncooperative gnomes. Help Follie find her seeds, use Flowerworks to transform her surroundings and show those gnomes who is boss on the way to unlocking the secret of Elilia. Flowerworks HD has 5 difficulty levels to cater to all skill levels, but beware - becoming a Flowerworks master in this 20hr puzzle/adventure game is not for the faint of heart!

Wii U Virtual Console

Adventure Island (NES) (KONAMI, €4.99 / £3.49) - An evil witch doctor has kidnapped Master Higgins’ true love, Tina! You must venture through eight perilous areas filled with enemies determined to stop you. As if that wasn't tough enough, Master Higgins loses vitality over time; so he must grab fruit, milk and whatever other goodies he can as he races towards his goal. Smash eggs to find useful items like the axe and skateboard to help you progress. At the end of each stage, face off against the witch doctor’s various guises. Go, Master Higgins, go!

Special Offers

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment), Wii U eShop - €2.49 / £2.19 until 10/07/14. Regular price is €4.99 / £4.49

There was an interesting discussion on Radio Free Nintendo this week, talking about how poorly Nintendo advertise the 10% Premium promotion. I literally forgot this even existed and as such I didn't know how to access my points. Turns out I've got £18 worth of credit as I credit for the download codes I receive! :D

There was an interesting discussion on Radio Free Nintendo this week, talking about how poorly Nintendo advertise the 10% Premium promotion. I literally forgot this even existed and as such I didn't know how to access my points. Turns out I've got £18 worth of credit as I credit for the download codes I receive! :D

Just listened to this myself today.

It's a good promotion but it's a little harsh that you don't get told if you have credit waiting. As Jonny said, a quick email to your account stating what you have every time the amount gets updated would be sufficient.

We really need to set up a thread, even if it's just me and you discussing the podcast. :D

Just listened to this myself today.

It's a good promotion but it's a little harsh that you don't get told if you have credit waiting. As Jonny said, a quick email to your account stating what you have every time the amount gets updated would be sufficient.

We really need to set up a thread, even if it's just me and you discussing the podcast. :D

I think I'll have to :) The story about the guy having a poo and passing out had me in stitches.

I think I'll have to :) The story about the guy having a poo and passing out had me in stitches.

I was driving when that part came on! The fact that he cursed James was just the icing on the cake. :D

Didn't realise armillo was out this week too... Do Nintendo take in to consideration staggering their releases or just release stuff as and when...?

Probably because they don't want to advertise they are giving out free money?

Saying that I've got £50 back from it. If only 3DS purchases counted. Shame it ends at the end of year.

Didn't realise armillo was out this week too... Do Nintendo take in to consideration staggering their releases or just release stuff as and when...?
Apparently not. :heh: Much to my annoyance. :mad:

I swear we wouldn't have so many/such bad droughts if they did spread out releases in a more sensible manner. ::shrug:

Apparently not. :heh: Much to my annoyance. :mad:

I swear we wouldn't have so many/such bad droughts if they did spread out releases in a more sensible manner. ::shrug:

kylebosmanmeanwhile.gif

Edited by Hero-of-Time