NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Well that's a nice surprise :) Thought that the game would stay a Sony/PC exclusive for good (even more surprising when you consider that. Sony actually had to pay them to make a Vita port in the first place!)

Oh BTW, Two Tribes are set to announce another classic game re-release on Wii U shortly!

I bet it'll end up being Swords and Soldiers HD, what with Swords and Soldiers 2 just being announced for Wii U recently.

Oh BTW, Two Tribes are set to announce another classic game re-release on Wii U shortly!

I bet it'll end up being Swords and Soldiers HD, what with Swords and Soldiers 2 just being announced for Wii U recently.

Yeah, a lot of people speculated that would happen when the sequel got announced the other day. I loved the first game on WiiWare and will likely pick up any HD remake and the sequel.

I am so happy that Wii U is getting indie love! There are so many games I look forward to, I can't count them all on my two hands! And Two Tribes, they are, I mean, I just love them! They give my Wii U so much love!

PR is late again this week. *Insert obvious Nintendo doomed/sucks etc. (1) *

Don't want to raise any hopes but the late PR + Thursday maintenance might mean something..? Possibly.

Or Germany is having another holiday. :p

1) Please don't.

PR is late again this week. *Insert obvious Nintendo doomed/sucks etc. (1) *

Don't want to raise any hopes but the late PR + Thursday maintenance might mean something..? Possibly.

Or Germany is having another holiday. :p

1) Please don't.

Nintendo Direct!

Germany is so doomed that Nintendo is having another pseudo-holiday and that's why the PR sucks which is late. #yourewelcome

Year of Luigi Offers Part 2

Wii U

Dr. Luigi €9.99(£8.99) until 18/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS

Luigi's Mansion™ 2 €35.99 (£31.99) until 18/03/14 23:59 local time.

Virtual Console for both

Super Mario Bros. 2 €2.49 (£1.74) until 18/03/14 23:59 local time

does anyone know do download codes from the Australian eshop work on the UK eshop?

I contacted nintendo about my Arkham origins season pass and how NOA refunded the cost to people.

It seems they already refunded buyers in Europe but i wasn't on the list and they'd investigate

Well today i've got a resolution.....from Nintendo of Australia who have sent me a download code for $30Au

i have a feeling it won't work

does anyone know do download codes from the Australian eshop work on the UK eshop?

I contacted nintendo about my Arkham origins season pass and how NOA refunded the cost to people.

It seems they already refunded buyers in Europe but i wasn't on the list and they'd investigate

Well today i've got a resolution.....from Nintendo of Australia who have sent me a download code for $30Au

i have a feeling it won't work

If it doesn't, you could always set up a new account that has an NNID based in Australia and use that to download something from the AU eShop (the AU game would still be playable on every account on the console, even the UK ones).

That DR Luigi discount price is still higher than the game should have been in the first place!

Honestly, Nintendo are just downright greedy at times when it comes to the eShop. It's a puzzler for christs sake. Imagine if Nintendo actually DID release games on iOS, with their current pricing they'd never make it into the Top 100.

Bit Trip Runner 2 is also 3.33 on the eShop this week. A must buy for me at that price.

*ReggieShrug*

Pure Chess (Ripstone Publishing) - €5.99/£4.99

Download Pure Chess to experience chess the way it's meant to be played, in stunning high definition. Experience one of the oldest known board games on the advanced technology of today. With ultra-realistic HD visuals you can almost reach out and touch the pieces. Pure Chess is a game that can be played by everyone, at any age, but mastered by only a few. The question is... are you a Grandmaster in the making?

Castlevania (Konami, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Castlevania marked the beginning of Konami's acclaimed series which is still going strong today. As vampire hunter Simon Belmont, you must fight your way through Dracula's castle teeming with ghosts, goblins, demons and yet more supernatural creatures; through six challenging levels to finally confront the count. You'll need your wits and weapons to survive; because when you finally meet Dracula, you know he'll be going for the jugular. So keep your courage up and your stake sharp!

Special offers

Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia)- €7.49/£6.70 (Ends April 10, regular price €9.99/£8.99)

Looks like a new Mario VS DK game is coming to the Wii U...

It's currently just a tech demo for the Nintendo Web Framework; but considering that they labelled it as the "GDC Version", I reckon it's a sign that it's gonna get an eShop release eventually...

It's a pretty impressive tech demo too; considering that it's made entirely with web based tech! Looks very polished (outside of the loading times at least)

Nice use of the two screens for different perspectives too :) The lack of being able to see the entire game maps always annoyed the hell out of me in the DS games!

Nintendo World Report have put up some previews of the upcoming Wii U eShop games that were on display at GDC...

The article for Affordable Space Adventures in particular really stands out to me...

Some excerpts...

In Affordable Space Adventures, you control a beat up old spaceship that’s just crash-landed on a hostile planet, a claustrophobic place that would feel at home in the Metroid universe. The GamePad acts as your ship’s computer, and systems are slowly restored as you progress. At first, you can only use basic thrusters and a spotlight and must navigate through tunnels and caves, with the left control stick managing thrust and the right control stick, your headlights. Everything else is broken, including stabilizers, which really makes it feel like you’re controlling a junker. Starting the engine even sounds like a barely functional car gasping for life, and the computer humorously appears to boot up an old BIOS. Even after the engine gains more power, it overheats rapidly.

An ever-growing variety of ship functions allows you to find new ways of getting around. For example, you can’t use your engines underwater, but you can use another device that increases your mass in order to sink and float through underwater caverns.

Up to three people can take different parts of the ship’s controls, making for a coordination challenge, and adding to the immersiveness of controlling a barely functioning ship on a desolate planet. While one person controls the computer, another can control the engines, and a third can target. You’ll need lots of cooperation to solve the puzzles, such as one I played involved pushing boxes to the correct locations in order to ricochet beacons at the right angle to hit switches and open doors.

Looks great! Really looking forward to this one :D

The 4th Two Tribes Classics game has been announced...

... surprise surprise! It's Swords and Soldiers for Wii U :indeed:

The features may come as a surprise though...

The classic Swords & Soldiers experience.

Playable with custom touch scheme on gamepad.

Playable with Wii remote on TV.

Multiplayer mode combining gamepad and TV.

High res HD graphics compared to SD Wii release.

Expected release end of April 2014.

Low TBA introduction price.

Didn't expect them to keep the original Wiimote controls in this one so that's a nice surprise :)

Being able to play multiplayer with one person on the Gamepad and the other on the TV is also a nice bonus too! :D

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

The famous futuristic racing series that originated on Super Nintendo hits Game Boy Advance with supersonic force! F-Zero: Maximum Velocity brings brand new vehicles and unique tracks packed with deadly tight turns, stomach-churning speed boosts and gravity-defying jumps. Master 20 different courses and four difficulty levels as you work your way up the ranks from lowly rookie to F-Zero champion!

Golden Sun (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Evil is slowly covering the world. Forces of darkness are pursuing the lost art of Alchemy, and the fate of mankind hangs in the balance. You and your companions, armed with weapons, Psynergy magic, and a host of elemental creatures, must return peace to the world. Golden Sun is an epic role-playing game with an engrossing story, set in a massive world. Gather the elemental Djinn - fire, water, wind and earth - and combine them in unique ways to produce awesome magical effects.

My Exotic Farm (BiP Media) - €4.99/£4.49

At the beginning of the game, all you own is an empty field, a few pennies and a single little ostrich. You need to feed your ostrich, take care of it and improve its lifestyle. Well-fed with seed, your ostrich will lay eggs which can then be sold to the Shopkeeper. With this money, you can buy new animals at the Farmers' Market. You can get My Exotic Farm for €3.49 (£3.14) if you already own or purchase My Farm from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U.

It's weird, as much as I enjoyed Golden Sun back in the day, I have no desire to replay it all.

I thought all the indies were supposed to be dropping soon? Where's shovel knight? And scram kitty etc. is t there meant to be 100 games this year? Some weeks we may end up getting 5!

I thought all the indies were supposed to be dropping soon? Where's shovel knight? And scram kitty etc. is t there meant to be 100 games this year? Some weeks we may end up getting 5!

ShovelKnight got delayed unfortunately. I tweeted at them yesterday asking for a rough release date and they said that just have a few, small bugs to work on.

NES remix 2 and yoshi island GBA this week. Great games. But disappointing no discount on remix 2 like in japan. I think it's ridiculous that japan get huge discounts on GBA games and a discount on remix 2 and we get nothing. In this time of us all bing aware if world news, they really need to start rolling out the same launch deals... It just pisses people off.

NES remix 2 and yoshi island GBA this week. Great games. But disappointing no discount on remix 2 like in japan. I think it's ridiculous that japan get huge discounts on GBA games and a discount on remix 2 and we get nothing. In this time of us all bing aware if world news, they really need to start rolling out the same launch deals... It just pisses people off.

Yeah, it annoyed the hell out of me that they got a bunch on discounts on the GBA games. I still haven't picked any of them up yet as i'm hoping that something will come along.

If the games were 3rd party releases I would understand that discounts may be hard to sort out but when they are all 1st party titles and you have control over the pricing I find it a little hard to take.