NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Already have Steamworld Dig on 3DS, Wii U and Steam. No regrets, it's a fantastic little game! :D

Meanwhile I'm still waiting on Shovel Knight's EU eShop release, where I'll be digging into botn Wii U and 3DS versions like a hobo in a dumpster :bouncy:

We got an email from the developers at the beginning of August saying it should release in the EU in 'aroudn 6-8 weeks' so hoping by this time next month you'll have completed it and be in awe of its awesomeness.

We got an email from the developers at the beginning of August saying it should release in the EU in 'aroudn 6-8 weeks' so hoping by this time next month you'll have completed it and be in awe of its awesomeness.

Yeah, that jives with what I was guessing

Let's just hope that they don't fail cert! I don't really want to see it come out at around the same time as Shantae & The Pirate's Curse!

Wii U

Hyrule Warriors £39.99 / €44.99

KickBeat Special Edition €9.99 / £8.99

Chimpuzzle Pro €1.99 / £1.79

Darts Up €2.49 / £2.29

Mon Premier Karaoké €9.99 / £8.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Life Force €4.99 / £3.49

==============

Wii U Price Reductions

Zelda Week

Hyrule Warriors £35.99 (Until September 26th - If any other Zelda game is purchased on the NNID)

Resident Evil Revelations €19.99 / £15.99 / CHF23.60 until 02/10/14 22:59 UTC

DuckTales: Remastered €6.74 / £5.39 / CHF9.45 until 02/10/14 22:59 UTC

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara €6.74 / £5.39 / CHF9.45 until 02/10/14 22:59 UTC

==============

Permanent Wii U Price Reductions

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red €39.99 / CHF66.90 - was €43.99 / CHF72.55

Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! €39.99 / £19.99 / - was €44.99 / £36.99

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF32.90 - was €44.99 / £36.99 / CHF62.90

Ben 10 Omniverse™ 2 €29.99 / £24.99 / CHF32.90 - was €39.99 / £36.99 / CHF52.75

Nothing really worth mentioning outside of Life Force this week, outside of some nice sales :)

Edited by Dcubed

Nothing really worth mentioning outside of Life Force this week, outside of some nice sales :)

Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! €39.99 / £19.99 / - was €44.99 / £36.99

This is worth mentioning. That's a perfect example of how Europeans are ripped off compared to the UK. £20 is €25 not €40. :mad::nono::mad:

Teslagrad is looking mighty fine, yeah. For once I'm not ashamed to be Norwegian! :P

(...Though personally, I'm waiting for the retail version coming later this year. Hopefully the wait won't be too long!)

Jeg elsker Norge og Norsk! Jeg a Englisk men snokke og fostor Norske. :D

Jeg elsker Norge og Norsk! Jeg a Englisk men snokke og fostor Norske. :D

Close enough :P.

So Thomas was alone and Teslagrad is worth getting? Downloaded Child of Light the other day when the sale was going on, but haven't gotten round to play it yet. Gonna play it when I have time, but I have so, so little time :(.

Close enough :P.

So Thomas was alone and Teslagrad is worth getting? Downloaded Child of Light the other day when the sale was going on, but haven't gotten round to play it yet. Gonna play it when I have time, but I have so, so little time :(.

Teslagrad is great because it's such a short experience. You can get through the game in about 6-7 hours and have an incredible time. Do eeet :)

Nintendo eShop Downloads – 25th September (Europe); http://nintendoreview.co.uk/2014/09/nintendo-eshop-downloads-25th-september-europe/

Wii U eShop

Art of Balance (Shin’en Multimedia, €8.99 / £7.15) — An expanded and improved version of the 3DS includes new modes that support online play, more accurate physics, and improved visuals.

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia, €6.99 / £5.99) — Angry Birds with bunnies.

Wii U Virtual Console

Nobunaga’s Ambition (Koei, SNES VC, €7.99 / £5.49) — A wondefully deep strategy title.

Wii U eShop Promotion

Art of Balance (Shin’en Multimedia, €6.70 / £5.35, regular price €8.99 / £7.15) — Discount price aplies if you own Art of Balance TOUCH! on the same Nintendo Network ID on 3DS.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games, €3.69 / £2.99 until 5th October, regular price €6.00 / £5.50)

Swords & Soldiers (Two Tribes, €1.99 / £1.77 until 9th October, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

Spin The Bottle: Bumpie’s Party (KnapNok Games, €5.99 / £5.60 until 12th October, regular price €8.99 / £8.00)

Wii U eShop Demo

Spin The Bottle: Bumpie’s Party (KnapNok Games, free)

Anyone know what the hell is happening with 90's Arcade Racer? Wasn't that supposed to be out this year?

Anyone know what the hell is happening with 90's Arcade Racer? Wasn't that supposed to be out this year?

Saw this on GoNintendo earlier:

- no release date set

- there have been setbacks with development due to an AI issue

- "Art & Design" are wrapped

- this includes all tracks, menus and content

- audio about 80% complete - all sounds in the game but still to be finalised

- new programmer has been brought in to tackle the AI issue

- physics and vehicle handling still need to be tweaked

http://games.reveur.de/de/news/3812,The-90s-Arcade-Racer--Update-zum-aktuellen-Stand-der-Entwicklung.html

Hopefully not far off :)

Saw this on GoNintendo earlier:

- no release date set

- there have been setbacks with development due to an AI issue

- "Art & Design" are wrapped

- this includes all tracks, menus and content

- audio about 80% complete - all sounds in the game but still to be finalised

- new programmer has been brought in to tackle the AI issue

- physics and vehicle handling still need to be tweaked

http://games.reveur.de/de/news/3812,The-90s-Arcade-Racer--Update-zum-aktuellen-Stand-der-Entwicklung.html

Hopefully not far off :)

Sounds to me that it IS still far off... :(

Does this game have online?

Just had a quick browse through NintendoLife's history on this game, and there's no mention of online racing. But they claim that they'll have 30 racers in each race, 60 fps, and 720p.

Slim pickin's on the Wii U eShop this week, probably something to do with some fighting game or other on the 3DS.

Wii U eShop

99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games, €2.49 / £2.29)

Wii U Virtual Console

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Capcom, Super NES VC, €7.99 / £5.49)

Thomas Was Alone is coming to the eShop in November. It's priced at £6.99/$9.99. I'd heard of this game, it very simplistic but it seems like it could be a bit of fun. It seems a bit pricey for what it is. It's 2 years old now and it's $6 on itunes.

9th October European release for the Wii U eShop;

Wii U eShop

Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games, £2.49) – There is a 33% discount from the regular price of Turtle Tale on Nintendo eShop on Wii U if you already own Turtle Tale for Nintendo 3DS with the same Nintendo Network ID.

Wii U Virtual Console

Ufouria: THE SAGA (Sunsoft, NES VC, £3.49)

Special Discounts

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studios) – €9.10 / £7.79 until 16/10/14. Regular price €13.99 / £11.99

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) – €1.49 / £1.34 until 30/10/14. Regular price €1.99 / £1.79

Unepic (EnjoyUp Games) – €7.99 / £7.19 until 30/10/14. Regular price €9.99 / £8.99

BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX) – €0.99 / £0.79 until 06/11/14. Regular price €1.49 / £1.29

That's a great price for Guacamelee. Can't recommend it enough, so for those who haven't, get it!

Why Super Metroid Is Still One of the Greatest Games Ever - NVC Podcast

The single greatest video game EVER! If you don't own it, why the hell not? It is the pinnacle of gaming.

That discussion while nice didn't even scratch the surface of why this game is so great. You'd need hours to discuss everything about it and remember this game is 20 years old. Even today it holds up so well. I was thinking about does it need a remake? No. Would I buy a remake? In a heartbeat. OOT needed a remake because as much as I loved it, today it's ugly. I can't find a single fault in Super Metroid.

Edited by Wii

That discussion while nice didn't even scratch the surface of why this game is so great. You'd need hours to discuss everything about it and remember this game is 20 years old. Even today it holds up so well. I was thinking about does it need a remake? No. Would I buy a remake? In a heartbeat. OOT needed a remake because as much as I loved it, today it's ugly. I can't find a single fault in Super Metroid.

I don't think any SNES games need a full remake, personally, as the hardware was generally capable of realising the vision for each game. 16-bit games can, however, be "boosted" nicely by a good emulator. It's why I always wanted SNES 3D Classics - not for the 3D; just to have a "deluxe" version.

To me, NES 3D classics feel better to play than genuine NES games, and Sega's 3D Classics are just as good, arguably better. I've not looked into it too closely, but apparently they are running on the "Gigadrive" rather than the Megadrive.