NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

Rumour: Bayonetta to have a Daisy costume

PlatinumGames has revealed three Nintendo costumes for Bayonetta 1: Link, Samus, and Peach. At least one more original outfit will be included in the game based on the screenshot above.

Thanks to some detective work done by the folks on NeoGAF, Bayonetta may also feature a Daisy costume. The emblem on the right side of the image seems to match up well with the character’s icon associated with Daisy, posted below:

bayonetta-nintendo-costumes-656x368.jpg

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-bayonetta-to-have-a-daisy-costume/

NINTENDO SAYS THERE’S MORE BAYONETTA 1 SURPRISES TO BE REVEALED

Nintendo of Canada’s Matt Ryan has teased that there’s more surprises to come regarding the original Bayonetta port for the Wii U. Whether these new surprises are new costumes remains to be seen, but hopefully we won’t have to wait too long till we find out. Here’s what he had to say about the original Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2.

“That is the magic that’s happening there and it’s sort of happening as well with Bayonetta 1, which we’re offering with together with Bayonetta 2 for free, but allowing you to play the game in HD and to ‘cosplay’ as Nintendo characters. And there’s some other surprises in that regard that we still haven’t even announced yet. So expect to hear more about Bayonetta 1.”

“And, of course, Bayonetta 2 is this visually stimulating, over the top action game, with a really strong female protagonist. Which, in case you haven’t noticed, is kind of a theme for us; the more recent prominence of female characters. Having female characters playing a role that we haven’t seen often in the past, outside of Samus. And that leads us right back to Hyrule Warriors, seeing Zelda kick some serious ass is pretty impressive. It’s not something that we’ve necessarily seen before from Nintendo. Female Nintendo protagonists are finally stepping into the forefront in their role in the game. Whether it’s all the female heroes in Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, the female characters in Super Smash Bros, or Samus in Metroid. Even Splatoon!”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/05/nintendo-says-theres-more-bayonetta-1-surprises-to-be-revealed/

OPERATION PLATINUM IS AIMING TO GET BAYONETTA 2 TO SELL ONE MILLION COPIES ON WII U

A fan made movement is currently in the works and it’s called Operation Platinum. The social movement is calling for Nintendo fans to purchase Bayonetta 2 on Wii U and help the game shift over one million copies. Of course some people will see this as Nintendo’s job, but that hasn’t stopped fans being vocal about it. The movement is a direct response to third-party publishers that say Nintendo fans don’t purchase their games and the console isn’t worth supporting.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/24/operation-platinum-is-aiming-to-get-bayonetta-2-to-sell-one-million-copies-on-wii-u/

I hope this game sells by the truck load and gives the middle finger to 3rd parties.

Sad when a game on the Wii U might need something like this to get good sales...

Well, I'll buy it :p

Yeah, because fuck those third parties. Who needs them?

That's not my point. Did you even watch the video?

I really don't get that campaign. The people who are interested in Bayo 2 will get it. Unless they're expecting their campaign to get people who won't like it to buy the game, which is a pretty dumb thing to ask them to do.

Yeah, it was stupid.

"It's time to show third parties up, who insist that adult games don't sell on Nintendo systems"

He completely misses the point that they're talking about multiplatform games where the Wii U version is almost always the weakest link. If this released on all consoles, it'd probably sell better on the other units too. And if this game does really well as a result of him getting people to buy it, that doesn't really prove anything.

It could sell really well but I'd put that more down to it being a very good game you can't get anywhere else than it being because it's on a Nintendo console.

I watched and not impressed or that interested to be honest.

the guy is another one of them pro-nintendo fans who thinks that 3rd party games have bombed because the ports havent been good enough.

Automatically just by saying that, the guy has shown he is in utter denial.

Also, bayonetta 2 will sell to people that want the game so it wont be getting anywhere near 1 million.

loads of wii u owners will have no interest and this campaign will not change there mind.

it is a very niche game.

It can't hurt to try and at least he is trying. It can't hurt sales and it might even help. Love the positivity in this thread.

Love the positivity in this thread.

Most people are positive about the game. The negativity is about some guy making up some dumb scheme in order to get attention for himself. He probably saw the "Operation Rainfall" thing (which actually had a purpose) and wanted to copy it. The only thing it could accomplish is to make Wii U owners look like desperate fools.

Most people are positive about the game. The negativity is about some guy making up some dumb scheme in order to get attention for himself. He probably saw the "Operation Rainfall" thing (which actually had a purpose) and wanted to copy it. The only thing it could accomplish is to make Wii U owners look like desperate fools.

Pretty much this. People will buy the game because they want it. In fact, buying the game because it would help a Nintendo console out is, in my opinion, the wrong attitude to have. You should buy the game because you want to play it.

Game looks great, so I'll be having some of that.

#Kony2012

Yeah, this game is going to be so awesome. The graphical update from this game compared to the original is huge!

GIVE PLATINUM GAMES KELLEMS MORE FOLLOWERS ON TWITTER AND HE WILL MAKE OPERATION PLATINUM T-SHIRT

[TWEET]503924228953874432[/TWEET]

JP Kellems, the Creative Producer of Scalebound at Platinum Games, has said on Twitter that if he’s able to get over 4000 followers on Twitter then he will make an Operation Platinum t-shirt. If you’re not in the know, Operation Platinum is a campaign started by Nintendo fans to get the forthcoming Bayonetta 2 to sell over one million copies.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/26/give-platinum-games-kellems-more-followers-on-twitter-and-he-will-make-operation-platinum-t-shirt/

I think it's a good thing fans are getting behind it and there is a drive to get people to buy it. How is raising the profile of what will no doubt be a great game is a bad thing?

I was thinking on the T-shirt you could have the Bayonetta 2 logo in mosaic from various screenshots and written below "1 million reasons to own a Wii U".

As if this isn't just people already interested in the game following him on twitter/getting behind this.

US release date.

Bayonetta 2: The witch is back on Oct. 24. The game features over-the-top battles with wild weapons that take place in gorgeous set pieces. A new snake transformation lets Bayonetta better navigate underwater. The original Bayonetta game, complete with some Nintendo cosplay options for the powerful heroine, comes bundled with the retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2