NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

Still can't say Im feeling this... Reminds me of Devil May Cry; interesting at the beginning - button-mashing by the end.

Wat? Maybe on normal difficulty, but increase it and you got quite a deep fighting system.

Bayonetta was the same, and I figure there won't be a lot of differences in the second installment.

Wat? Maybe on normal difficulty, but increase it and you got quite a deep fighting system.

Bayonetta was the same, and I figure there won't be a lot of differences in the second installment.

Yeah, on normal. So Bayonetta is pretty similar to DMC? Youre not getting it?

Yeah, on normal. So Bayonetta is pretty similar to DMC? Youre not getting it?

The basic gameplay is similar but has little "tweaks" or additional fighting options (most importantly Witch Time).

Oh hell, I'll get it :laughing: Loved the first (and I love DMC :p). Still have it for my PS3 but will be happy to get it again with Bayonetta 2 (unless Baynotta 2 single will be much cheaper without the first).

Edited by drahkon

So I'll be at least picking up the middle edition pack with both games as I never played the first.... did the Direct mention anything about the Wii U version of Bayo 1 has it got any upgrades/changes made to it or anything? Or is it just a direct port?

Also how long is Bayo 1? If I'm getting both I'll obviously have to start with Bayo 1 before I can play Bayo 2

WOuld like to get the First Print edition but the chances of my local GameStop store getting one I'd say might be slim if they are so limited

Bayonetta 1 runs better, near locked to 60fps, but not locked to it. It also has Nintendo exclusive features including the costumes of Peach, Daisy, Link and Samus

So I'll be at least picking up the middle edition pack with both games as I never played the first.... did the Direct mention anything about the Wii U version of Bayo 1 has it got any upgrades/changes made to it or anything? Or is it just a direct port?

Also how long is Bayo 1? If I'm getting both I'll obviously have to start with Bayo 1 before I can play Bayo 2

WOuld like to get the First Print edition but the chances of my local GameStop store getting one I'd say might be slim if they are so limited

The first game took me 12-15 hours to play through..so worth it. I only played it last year and it was the best game I played all year. Do it :)

Still can't say Im feeling this... Reminds me of Devil May Cry; interesting at the beginning - button-mashing by the end. Is there a more technical element to this game? What are the differences between DMC? I want to want this game...:/

Like most Kamiya games, this game has a lot of depth. Button bashing won't give you a chance against most bosses and enemies. Whilst it looks like games like GoW and DMC, it is inspired by fighting games and not just those games. It's the best of both worlds. It's exceptional.

Also, what's the difference between Game's £45 bundle that gives you both games compared to say Shopto's one which is under £40? I presume the Shopto version doesn't give you a disc and instead you have to download Bayonetta 1?

The first game took me 12-15 hours to play through..so worth it. I only played it last year and it was the best game I played all year. Do it :)

Like most Kamiya games, this game has a lot of depth. Button bashing won't give you a chance against most bosses and enemies. Whilst it looks like games like GoW and DMC, it is inspired by fighting games and not just those games. It's the best of both worlds. It's exceptional.

Also, what's the difference between Game's £45 bundle that gives you both games compared to say Shopto's one which is under £40? I presume the Shopto version doesn't give you a disc and instead you have to download Bayonetta 1?

ShopTo's one is exactly the same. There is no other European bundle such as Bayonetta 2 disc and download code.

ShopTo just don't fleece customers like GAME

Edited by Serebii

ShopTo's one is exactly the same. There is no other European bundle such as Bayonetta 2 disc and download code.

Ah, I see. So it's just GAME charging more? Shopto it is.

Out of interest, will you be getting this game? And have you played the first? :)

Ah, I see. So it's just GAME charging more? Shopto it is.

Out of interest, will you be getting this game? And have you played the first? :)

I am, yes, and I haven't.

I have a feeling they'll fall into a backlog though since Pokémon prioritises all. Lots of news and preparation I'll have to deal with, so it may actually take me longer than a weekend to beat a game!

Not sure if i want that first print edition.....

£20 more than i wanted the game for, is the box and art work worth it? the physical copy of Bayo 1?

I am, yes, and I haven't.

I have a feeling they'll fall into a backlog though since Pokémon prioritises all. Lots of news and preparation I'll have to deal with, so it may actually take me longer than a weekend to beat a game!

Does the Oracle of Nintendo know if the First Print Edition will be available from the Nintendo store? As I don't want to order from GAME?

I bet it's probably the use of swear words. If Bayonetta 2 never includes the word "fuck", then you know why it's rated 16...
PEGI are that strict on profanity? :blank:

Even films rated 12 can include the word "fuck". :heh:

Cause it certainly isn't out of any real sexual censorship...

e5NFFzQ.gif

;)

Indeed. :D

BTW, are you gonna replay Bayo 1 before playing Bayo 2 @RedShell? (I know that's the first thing that I'm doing at least! Been itching to replay it for a good while :hehe:)
Nah, I played Bayonetta again recently so I'm jumping straight into Bayonetta 2. :bouncy:

Will definitely check out the Wii U port of Bayonetta afterwards though. :awesome:

Bayonetta 1 & 2 £39.85 at Shopto

i5Ihp2vEJ6pn1.gif

The concept of an art pamphlet and a nice box being worth an extra £15 is quite funny.

Does the Oracle of Nintendo know if the First Print Edition will be available from the Nintendo store? As I don't want to order from GAME?

No word yet

Hmm so am I right in assuming that the Bayo 1 & 2 bundle - which is the one I already had pre-ordered on ShopTo - does actually come with both games boxed?

If so then I'm just going to stick with that. :)

Hmm so am I right in assuming that the Bayo 1 & 2 bundle - which is the one I already had pre-ordered on ShopTo - does actually come with both games boxed?

If so then I'm just going to stick with that. :)

Yeah, that's right.

In that case then yes, I'm more than happy to be paying £37.86 - Gold Price - for both games. : peace:

Wait both games are boxed in the 1+2 bundle? i thought bayo 1 would be a digital download.....well i'll not bother with the extra at all for a cardboard box and what looks like 6 pages of art

Plus it means that Glen-i can borrow my physical copy to play, while I play my digital one :)

Yep. I am quite poor.

Forced to pre-order the first print edition from GAME. I hate having to do that, but I want them both in boxes and love the artwork and the box! So that's that! However, if this appears on the Nintendo Store, the GAME one is getting cancelled and the pre-order will go to Nintendo.

Wait both games are boxed in the 1+2 bundle? i thought bayo 1 would be a digital download.....well i'll not bother with the extra at all for a cardboard box and what looks like 6 pages of art

swgIvIY.png

The box looks like the size of two regular game cases.

Any news of a demo coming out for this? I am quite interested in the games, but would like to try them first to see if it is my cup of tea or not.

Still can't say Im feeling this... Reminds me of Devil May Cry; interesting at the beginning - button-mashing by the end. Is there a more technical element to this game? What are the differences between DMC? I want to want this game...:/

I've been playing the first one, on normal settings, and button mashing doesn't really work. It's really all about timing and activating the slow-mo witch time effect. It is more like a fighting game in that you need to pull off combos to deal big damage, mashing one button won't get you too far.

It's also pretty challenging - for most missions I have done so far I only have achieved the stone award - the lowest that you can get! Enemies, particularly bosses, are pretty brutal so if you don't get the technique right you will die and have to retry again (luckily there are plenty of checkpoints!)

I can't say I'm a massive fan of the genre, or the game/story itself, but for what it is, it's pretty damn good :)

First Print now up on the Nintendo Store.

Looks like GAME had a (very short) timed exclusive dealio for their lot, hence their earlier "our allocation is almost sold out!" tweet.

Any news of a demo coming out for this? I am quite interested in the games, but would like to try them first to see if it is my cup of tea or not.

Platinum's last game, The Wonderful 101, got a demo, so I was quietly optimistic about it. Alas, I think if we were gonna get one, it would have at least been announced last night.

That said, the gameplay looks sort of similar to The Wonderful 101, in that it's: deep combat system + wild combos = hectic on-screen action. Maybe you could try out that demo (although I'd add the caveat that Bayonetta looks like it has more traditional button controls, as opposed to The Wonderful 101, whose controls had a slight learning curve which put some people off). Maybe someone who's played both the original Bayonetta and TW101 can let me know if I'm talking nonsense.