NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

So shopto have two different versions of the game. One with the first game and one without. This is mistake isn't it? As all versions come with the first game... It's just they're different prices!

This has been something that has been completely unclear since it was announced - with implications being that the NA/EU/JP logistics of it were all different - so hopefully this will be cleared up tomorrow.

So shopto have two different versions of the game. One with the first game and one without. This is mistake isn't it? As all versions come with the first game... It's just they're different prices!

Europe is getting

- Bayonetta 2

- Bayonetta 1 & 2 bundle.

Both games are separate on the eShop.

Europe is getting

- Bayonetta 2

- Bayonetta 1 & 2 bundle.

Both games are separate on the eShop.

So there ARE two different versions of it? Annoying.

Actually. I think that's wrong :)

Bayonetta will be announced as a Smash Bros character as DLC during this direct, calling it now. ;)

It wasn't that she was weird, more than she was annoying and cocky. Didn't like her one bit.

It's like when they made Dante a cocky prick in the 3rd Devil May Cry game. I did finish that though because I found him more tolerable than the witch. Plus Dante was cool as hell in the first game. :D

Subtitles > Off

Voice Volume > 0/10

Enjoy :p

I'm gonna watch the direct also, I wasn't interested in this in the slightest until I saw some gameplay at the TreeHouse Live - From what I saw it seemed to have some weird anti-gravity mechanics that looked a bit like Gravity Rush, not so much the flying through the air but walking on walls and stuff. I hope it wasn't just a one off level.

But yeah, as much as anything, this is just suffering the same fate as Luigi's Mansion 2 and Twilight Princess for me - It was announced SO long ago that even if I was excited for it, it would have all but fizzled out by now. This was announced before the Wii U even came out wasn't it? Or at the very least very shortly after.

As far as the bundle is concerned, I'd imagine in Europe and America they'll add the first game FOR FREE. Right now they need to do all they can with these more mature type games to get them to sell. I don't know about the popularity of the series in Japan but if anywhere could pull off a double release, one special edition and one normal, I think it would be there.

One thing to note, is that the bundle on ShopTo is the cost of most Nintendo-published Wii U games (£50 RRP - Hyrule Warriors is cheaper at £40 RRP), while the individual one is cheaper.

Also, as ShopTo have these details, their 31st October date is probably correct (unfortunately, I wanted it for Extra Life).

That'd suck if it was October 31st considering that's when masses of games will be getting released (on other consoles at least) and is right next to November - the month of Smash Bros.

I think it'd do better as early/mid October and follow the momentum (lol) left by Hyrule Warriors.

That'd suck if it was October 31st considering that's when masses of games will be getting released (on other consoles at least) and is right next to November - the month of Smash Bros.

I think it'd do better as early/mid October and follow the momentum (lol) left by Hyrule Warriors.

Well that's the date I'm predicting.

One thing to note, is that the bundle on ShopTo is the cost of most Nintendo-published Wii U games (£50 RRP - Hyrule Warriors is cheaper at £40 RRP), while the individual one is cheaper.

Also, as ShopTo have these details, their 31st October date is probably correct (unfortunately, I wanted it for Extra Life).

ShopTo also had November 21st for Pokémon ORAS last week.

Let's wait for an official announcement :p

Bayonetta 2 - First Print Edition (Wii U)

There's only 15,300 copies of the first print edition so I can't imagine there'll be too many places where this is available. I can't order from the Nintendo store and GAME, I don't trust. They still haven't delivered RE: Revelations and it's been a major hassle getting a refund. Real nice first order experience from them on top of everyone elses stories.

Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 file sizes

Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 are rather large games, as some may have expected.

Bayonetta 2 requires 14.6GB if you plan on picking up the digital version. And together, Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 take up 32.2GB of space.

Get your hard drives ready!

http://nintendoeverything.com/bayonetta-1-and-bayonetta-2-file-sizes/

Holy crap! Good luck to anybody buying these digitally. Has this news made you reconsider?

Japanese Bayonetta 2 commercials

Bayonetta 2 supports the Classic Controller Pro

bayonetta-2-ccp.jpg

Bayonetta 2 will make use of a few different control schemes. You’ll naturally be able to play on the GamePad, and by using the Wii U Pro Controller. The Japanese Bayonetta 2 website also confirms support for the Wii Classic Controller Pro.

http://nintendoeverything.com/bayonetta-2-supports-the-classic-controller-pro/

Edited by Wii

Looks like the pre-order for the super edition is up on GAME.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/bayonetta-2-limited-edition-only-at-game-206923?pageSize=20&errorViewName=mProductDisplayErrorView&searchTerm=Bayonetta&top_category=

Hitting that buy button conjured ample feelings of self-loathing and resentment that this shoddy company continue to secure exclusivity. Bets they fuck this up just like the Mario 3D World slipcase thing?

Edited by Guy

Having finally seen the First Edition trailer thingy... Eh... I'll just stick with the normal Special Edition pack. The extras just don't seem worth it and the art book lacks any sort of interesting commentary.

So Special Edition + eShop versions for me!

Having finally seen the First Edition trailer thingy... Eh... I'll just stick with the normal Special Edition pack. The extras just don't seem worth it and the art book lacks any sort of interesting commentary.

So Special Edition + eShop versions for me!

Yeah, i've slept on it and i'm not going to bother with the book. It's an extra £30 I would be paying for it ( hoping amazon honour the preorder ) and it's just not worth it. I also like to try and avoid giving GAME any of my business.

How come you are getting retail and digital versions?

Yeah, i've slept on it and i'm not going to bother with the book. It's an extra £30 I would be paying for it ( hoping amazon honour the preorder ) and it's just not worth it. I also like to try and avoid giving GAME any of my business.

Yeah, same here. Plus it comes with that ugly massive USK logo anyway :p

How come you are getting retail and digital versions?

Started doing it ever since the whole Pikmin 3 & Wonderful 101 fiasco. Been nabbing cheap digital copies of games along the way (people selling codes they get of games like Wind Waker HD for super cheap etc). Now I happen to have every one of my Wii U games in physical AND digital form, so it would just feel wrong if I didn't follow it up with this one!

Plus it means that Glen-i can borrow my physical copy to play, while I play my digital one :)

Are any of the special editions going to be available on the Nintendo store, as there is no way I am ever buying anything from Game again after:

a) The sent me a second hand version of Ninja Gaiden when I ordered a new one

b) They never sent me the Super Mario 3D World case.

I want this, but despise Game with a passion.

Just a note of interest I noticed on the website - Bayonetta is an 18, Bayonetta 2 only a 16 rating - Nintendo making it less violent/more kiddy confirmed???? :p
It's interesting because from what I've seen of Bayonetta 2 (which is quite a lot now) they haven't toned it down at all. :blank:

Also, the original Bayonetta was rated 15 by the BBFC (my PS3 copy is anyway) not sure why PEGI see it as an 18.

The only thing I can think of is some of the torture attacks, especially the one against...

That one is pretty full-on. :heh:

I wonder if those enemies will still appear in Bayonetta 2, or if they get a modified torture attack. It seems silly, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the difference between a PEGI 16 and 18.

Edited by RedShell

It's interesting because from what I've seen of Bayonetta 2 (which is quite a lot now) they haven't toned it down at all. :blank:

Also, the original Bayonetta was rated 15 by the BBFC (my PS3 copy is anyway) not sure why PEGI see it as an 18.

The only thing I can think of is some of the torture attacks, especially the one against...

That one is pretty full-on. :heh:

I wonder if those enemies will still appear in Bayonetta 2, or if they get a modified torture attack. It seems silly, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the difference between a PEGI 16 and 18.

I bet it's probably the use of swear words. If Bayonetta 2 never includes the word "fuck", then you know why it's rated 16...

Cause it certainly isn't out of any real sexual censorship...

e5NFFzQ.gif

;)

BTW, are you gonna replay Bayo 1 before playing Bayo 2 @RedShell? (I know that's the first thing that I'm doing at least! Been itching to replay it for a good while :hehe:)

Edited by Dcubed

So, what are the prices?

Bayonetta 1+2 more expensive than standard game releases?

Bayonetta 2 only, cheaper than standard game releases?

So, what are the prices?

Bayonetta 1+2 more expensive than standard game releases?

Bayonetta 2 only, cheaper than standard game releases?

£32.99,£44.99 and £59.99 seem to be the prices according to GAME. The solus is probably £34.99 RRP

So I'll be at least picking up the middle edition pack with both games as I never played the first.... did the Direct mention anything about the Wii U version of Bayo 1 has it got any upgrades/changes made to it or anything? Or is it just a direct port?

Also how long is Bayo 1? If I'm getting both I'll obviously have to start with Bayo 1 before I can play Bayo 2

WOuld like to get the First Print edition but the chances of my local GameStop store getting one I'd say might be slim if they are so limited

Still can't say Im feeling this... Reminds me of Devil May Cry; interesting at the beginning - button-mashing by the end. Is there a more technical element to this game? What are the differences between DMC? I want to want this game...:/