N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable Jeff.

Hope @Ramar is enjoying this one and didn't leave like some apparently did. Only Arsenal could do something like that. Always on the brink of having a heart attack. Two goals from Chamakh? Crazy. Walcott and Giroud have to start against United this weekend.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Hope @Ramar is enjoying this one and didn't leave like some apparently did. Only Arsenal could do something like that. Always on the brink of having a heart attack. Two goals from Chamakh? Crazy. Walcott and Giroud have to start against United this weekend.

I could never leave! What a mental match. I'm exhausted. One of the best and worst games I've ever witnessed.

Why are people complaining about the stoppage time? Reading made a substitution in the 93rd minute and took a fair while doing it, that time should always be added back on and in this case it was. You can't run down the clock with subs and expect the ref to blow once the allotted time is up, it's additional minutes of play added on, not watching the subs come on/off.

Anyway, never in doubt.

was it against spurs?

EDIT: it was pompey.

YAH awesome match! Actually have it on DVD. Highest scoring Premiership match of all time. It's odd though if one of these games features the big teams it's held up as being an awesome and incredible classic, whereas at the time I remember Match of the Day being very dismissive of the game as a whole saying it was a stupid game.

Why are people complaining about the stoppage time? Reading made a substitution in the 93rd minute and took a fair while doing it, that time should always be added back on and in this case it was. You can't run down the clock with subs and expect the ref to blow once the allotted time is up, it's additional minutes of play added on, not watching the subs come on/off.

Anyway, never in doubt.

Exactly. The goal was at 95:03 according to the BBC, and there were 4 mins of stoppage time. There was a substitution which Reading took their time about, several free kicks, and a goal kick had to be retaken. Doesn't compare to Fergie time at all!

Exactly. The goal was at 95:03 according to the BBC, and there were 4 mins of stoppage time. There was a substitution which Reading took their time about, several free kicks, and a goal kick had to be retaken. Doesn't compare to Fergie time at all!

I can't believe how many people are complaining about that.

Yet I've read nothing about the Reading defender and his Super-man handball as Chamakh was through on goal. That happened right in front of me, I spent the next five minutes being a spakko and offering my glasses to the lino. When Koscielny scored (in the correct goal), I definitely thought we'd rue that one.

Never mind dazzybee still in the Europa!

Not looking forward to tomorrow, money, work and Sky changing the KO have conspired against my attendance. So I'll be watching in a pub full of southern Mancs. Great.

You're a cunt Robin! You're a cunt!

Edited by Ramar

I was impressed by Eisfeld during the pre-season, and I also enjoyed watching him play out the remainder of the reading cup tie. I would like to see him make a start perhaps in the other domestic cup competitions.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Wilshere again!

Well that was utter crap, you'd have thought we'd have been up for the match, but it was QPR all over again, only this time against a team that could punish us for it and did, could easily have been another big scoreline in United's favour, 2-1 doesn't tell the whole story as United were by far the better team, Van Persie could have had a hat trick in the time I saw of the match (from the 65th minute). Wilshere seeing red for a tired challenge ultimately seemed to have killed us off when we were finally having a good spell, Giroud's point blank miss (first Arsenal shot on target in the 92nd minute) could have gotten us a draw which would have been undeserved anyway. Something has gone very wrong, we are lacking any cutting edge, ever since we lost Diaby we've been too lightweight in the midfield as well and the old mistakes are slipping back into our defense, something needs to be done, maybe in January another heavyweight midfielder to cover for Diaby wouldn't be unappreciated, I hear Arsenal were in the market for Yann M'vila.

I agree with you there, it's another bad premier league performance. Utd played with more venom and seemed much more determined, also on many occasions our defenders had the ball but there wasn't many options for them. The movement isn't good enough. Our passing in general has slowed down and we're becoming more predictable.

well the FA cup dream for Yate Town is over at the first proper round :( lost 3-0 to Cheltenham. had a goal disallowed for offside and hit the bar and post, done ourselves proud.

In premier league news... great results as a United fan!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!