NEurope

I've got the crossbow now and the assault rifle. :D

I'm now off to see this Vikram fella...

Oh lawd. I used to think I would be quite decent in a zombie apocalypse but now I'm re-thinking it all. :shakehead

Exactly how I felt... I'd last about 3 hours if it came to it... I have a special in-built 'Panic Mode'!

Got this for chrimbo and looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about. Seeing as people on my friend list have already played it ages ago, any chance their zombie corpses will still appear in my game?

Got this for chrimbo and looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about. Seeing as people on my friend list have already played it ages ago, any chance their zombie corpses will still appear in my game?

Maybe not friends, but you should have some randoms, I'm thinking about starting this again BTW.

I really do need to get back into this. It is a cracking game but by gum it does shit me up!!

I'm just about to play some more of this.

I do put myself off playing this. It's not a very pleasant game to play. Tense as fuck.

I've got the Christmas tree with the lights blinking next to me. Dark house. Quite atmospheric. Fuck.

ZombiU 2 listed on Amazon France

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/25/zombie-u-2-listed-on-amazon-france/

Interestingly, rather than a vague December 2015 date, the listing pointed towards a specific day: October 17, 2015. The listing also mentioned Bandai Namco as a publisher, which is very strange since the game was developed and published by Ubisoft.

Namco could simply be the game’s distributor in the region, or could be the new owner of the IP, albeit very unlikely. There is also a mention of New York as a setting for the sequel.

Great game, would love a sequel. The multiplayer is fantastic too so make that online!!

It doesn't make any sense. Namco Bandai publishing an Ubisoft game. Why? Where did they pluck that info about it being set in New York though? Ubisoft are finished with the Wii U, mature titles at least and have said so. I would like to know what this finished game is that they're sitting on until Wii U sales had picked up. Wii U should see a boost this Christmas so maybe early in the New Year they might release it.

Didn't Ubisoft say they had a game 'sitting there' ready for when the console sales picked up? Maybe they still didn't see it as a worthwhile/profitable release, but have sold the property on?

Didn't Ubisoft say they had a game 'sitting there' ready for when the console sales picked up? Maybe they still didn't see it as a worthwhile/profitable release, but have sold the property on?

Quotes from Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

"It's on the shelf, waiting for more families to have the console."

"I think we have to wait for Smash Bros. to come," he said. "Smash Bros has always been a big, big property for Nintendo and for gamers. And we all know that there are lots of Nintendo fans that are waiting for big games to come. We know they are coming."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793660/ubisoft-unreleased-wii-u-games

So I don't think it is a mature title.

Zombi U trademark was abandoned on March 24th, 2014.

Event DateEvent Description

2012-10-26 NEW APPLICATION ENTERED IN TRAM

2012-10-26 NEW APPLICATION OFFICE SUPPLIED DATA ENTERED IN TRAM

2012-11-12 ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER

2012-11-15 APPROVED FOR PUB - PRINCIPAL REGISTER

2012-12-05 NOTIFICATION OF NOTICE OF PUBLICATION E-MAILED

2012-12-25 PUBLISHED FOR OPPOSITION

2012-12-25 OFFICIAL GAZETTE PUBLICATION CONFIRMATION E-MAILED

2013-02-19 NOA E-MAILED - SOU REQUIRED FROM APPLICANT

2013-08-19 TEAS EXTENSION RECEIVED

2013-08-19 EXTENSION 1 FILED

2013-08-19 EXTENSION 1 GRANTED

2013-08-21 NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF EXTENSION REQUEST E-MAILED

2014-03-24 ABANDONMENT - NO USE STATEMENT FILED

2014-03-24 ABANDONMENT NOTICE MAILED - NO USE STATEMENT FILED

http://trademarks.justia.com/857/61/...-85761502.html

That's not really long enough for Bandai Namco to have it in development. Maybe Nintendo are funding this with Bandai Namco publishing it.

630x.jpg

October 2015. Maybe. This is strange.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It certainly won't be coming from Ubisoft that's for sure. As it happens Ubisoft have just announced a new Monopoly game and guess what platform it's skipping?

It certainly won't be coming from Ubisoft that's for sure. As it happens Ubisoft have just announced a new Monopoly game and guess what platform it's skipping?

that was announced a while back and yes, when the Wii U cant even get a monopoly game you know what kind of problems it has attracting third parties.

embarrassing!!

..when the Wii U cant even get a monopoly game you know what kind of problems it has attracting third parties..

I'm part of the problem :heh:

The Wii U games I own are:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Game & Wario

Mario Kart 8

New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U

Nintendo Land

Pikmin 3

Super Mario 3D World

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Zombi U

Wii Fit U (Promo Download)

Wii Party U (Free Download)

Zombi U is the only third party game I own for the system and I haven't felt particularly compelled to get any others.. ::shrug:

I'm part of the problem :heh:

The Wii U games I own are:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Game & Wario

Mario Kart 8

New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U

Nintendo Land

Pikmin 3

Super Mario 3D World

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Zombi U

Wii Fit U (Promo Download)

Wii Party U (Free Download)

Zombi U is the only third party game I own for the system and I haven't felt particularly compelled to get any others.. ::shrug:

Shame on you for not owning Monster Hunter 3 U. ;) And Deus Ex. And Rayman Legends. And Resident Evil: Revelations. And Need For Speed: Most Wanted. And.......you get my point.

i've got really stuck on this. I died right at the top of the Tower just as the helicopter was arriving, then died with my next character trying to retrieve my backback and now I'm stuck on my way to get petrol for the generator. Have died about six times with about half a dozen zombies coming at me and all i have now is a pistol with 6 bullets.

Am i right in saying that my Zombie at the Tower will be gone now that I've died more than once. I had so much weaponry.

I have not played it with headphones but imaging it would be terrifying.

i've got really stuck on this. I died right at the top of the Tower just as the helicopter was arriving, then died with my next character trying to retrieve my backback and now I'm stuck on my way to get petrol for the generator. Have died about six times with about half a dozen zombies coming at me and all i have now is a pistol with 6 bullets.

Am i right in saying that my Zombie at the Tower will be gone now that I've died more than once. I had so much weaponry.

I only survived my first attempt there due to the grenades I had!

Yes, yes it was terrifying especially in my living room with the lights off at midnight!!

Yes, your zombie is gone after your second death. You can pick up all the weapons again from the same areas that you found them in, just that they may be located in different places. For example, in Buckingham Palace you'll find the crossbow, die twice and effectively lose it, it'll respawn somewhere different in Buckers.

As long as you don't play it as a traditional FPS, but as a thinking man's survival, Ubisoft nailed the atmosphere on it. I think a lot of the reviewers missed the point on taking it slow and scoping areas out, picking off individual zombies, and running when the shit goes down.

i took it slow and it made a big difference. Killed the crowd by the petrol station with a flare and molotov. Now stuck in the nursey. Have been through once and ended up outside on the metal staircase. Went back in and can't find the keycard, then something very peculiar happened, I opened a bathroom cabinet in a dark room, and it kind of switched to 3rd person view and all i could do was look around but couldn't move or get out of that screen and in the end just turned the console off, which is a ballache as I don't know how far back i will have to go.

i took it slow and it made a big difference. Killed the crowd by the petrol station with a flare and molotov. Now stuck in the nursey. Have been through once and ended up outside on the metal staircase. Went back in and can't find the keycard, then something very peculiar happened, I opened a bathroom cabinet in a dark room, and it kind of switched to 3rd person view and all i could do was look around but couldn't move or get out of that screen and in the end just turned the console off, which is a ballache as I don't know how far back i will have to go.

Something similar happened to me at one point :hmm: I don't remember the specifics of the situation but I was definitely caught in a position where I just had to turn the game off as nothing was happening, no matter what buttons I pressed :blank:

I'm glad to see this thread reappear, though, as I definitely recommend the experience on Wii U and have a great desire to make it through the game again. Resuming my 'Survivor' file may be suicide, though :heh:

This game is still lying around, unopened. I need to get into it after Captain Toad, I think, but I'm not that fond of zombies in general.

However, the above posts gave me a desire to play it, it sounds good. :)

I remember getting pissed off at this game and didn't really go back to it as a result. I was on some sort of ledge or plank or scaffolding or something and ended up falling off. Instant kill. Didn't seem that high up to me. I was so annoyed and wasn't sure how it actually happened. Anyway, I went back to get my weapons and didn't see a ZombiMe and realised that I had lost all everything. Didn't play for much after that.