Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

ReZourceman

I still don't really understand Batman's future premonition thing, so Flash travels through time I get that, but how does it lead to Bats seeing anything, and why does Flash's visit essentially happen in a dream? I don't feel like they thought it through at all

I think it's meant to be Batman's memories of the future collapsing in on themselves. So it's not a premonition so much as Flash's movement through times causes a wake (like a boat) that causes Bruce to remember these alternate memories for a brief time. If that makes sense...

It's not unlike Flashpoint.

Or what's happening now with Rebirth.

I still don't really understand Batman's future premonition thing, so Flash travels through time I get that, but how does it lead to Bats seeing anything, and why does Flash's visit essentially happen in a dream? I don't feel like they thought it through at all

I think it's meant to be Batman's memories of the future collapsing in on themselves. So it's not a premonition so much as Flash's movement through times causes a wake (like a boat) that causes Bruce to remember these alternate memories for a brief time. If that makes sense...

It's not unlike Flashpoint.

Or what's happening now with Rebirth.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Cyborg looks much better in motion. It's much more terminator than I expected and it's still over a year out so there is plenty of time to improve the CGI (I'm suprised it looks as good as it does tbh).

I like the Flashes, but I'd like a more prominent white background behind his logo.

Haven't given my opinion yet, so here goes.

Wonder Woman looks great. A LOT of action, no sense of story, absolutely perfect for the Comic Con crowd. I have no issues with that trailer at all, and I have a feeling that the shot of those bullets ricocheting from her shield is going to make for a cool poster and art in the years to come.

Now, Justice League. This footage was okay. I mean, YEAH, UNITE THE SEVEN SIX FIVE! But Bruce Wayne seemed...like a sort of gimmick. This footage really reminded me of the Legends of Tomorrow trailer. Ezra Miller looks to be a good Flash, though I hate his and Cyborg's costumes at this point. I'll give them a break considering they aren't anywhere near finishing shooting yet, but when that next trailer comes out, I'll be gritting my teeth hoping for nothing but excellence.

Smart to let everyone know how much of a beast Aquaman is too.

After BvsS I wouldn't have been interested in JL at all, but thanks to getting back into comics I'm actually interested again.

Although the trailer didn't do too much for me. Good shout on the decision to show how beastly Aquaman is, I concur.

Edited by Kav

Still not pleased we can't just have Grant Gustin, its not exactly hard to set him up as either the same or an alternate flash....plus i'd keep his suit, not that weird cross between the atom suit and the flash's

Hopefully considering the ultimate version of BvS is superior they might take note of its critical reception and not make the same weird editorial choices with this, otherwise we could loose out on Batfleck

I'd also hope now Jeff Johns and the TV execs are now running the movies too we might not have to characters cut from one to be in the other, i mean they have cast superman in next seasons supergirl, who knows maybe we can have martian manhunters and batmen in both universes

Direct Man Of Steel Sequel Reportedly In The Works

Though Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice began its life as a sequel to Man of Steel, the film ultimately became something else. And as the film evolved into an opening chapter for the DC Films universe, its status as a sequel became murky.

But according to The Wrap, a direct sequel to Man of Steel is in development at Warner Bros. Though the studio declined comment, a source told the site a solo Superman sequel is a top priority.

It is unclear if the film will push one of the later DC projects — The Flash, Green Lantern Corp and Cyborg — out of one of their tentative release spots or if the Superman sequel will wait until after 2020. The same can be said of the still-unscheduled solo Batman film. Either way, Cyborg is primed to become the Inhumans of Warner Bros’ DC slate; constantly losing its place in line.

Or course, with the Man of Steel still dead in the film’s current continuity, maybe we’ll save speculation until after the first Justice League picture next year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/08/direct-man-of-steel-sequel-reportedly-in-the-works/