NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

It was a nice episode, I think. But I'm a bit confused - probably because I don't remember the details from Season 2.
How is it that Oliver lost Queen Consolidated and all his money? I know Isabelle bought him out but I thought he was reinstated when she died - or is that what he tried now?

Also (and this is the insurance guy inside me speaking) shouldn't hos mother have one hell of a life insurance he could inherit?

Isabelle didnt buy him out, he temporarily placed her in charge and then she got the board to put her in permanently. Even when she died they would be unlikely to put Ollie straight back in given how little time he spent there the first time around. As for his money it was all tied up in QC. They tried to save some of it but Thea never signed the document they needed.

There probably should be a lot more money than just the stuff that was tied up in QC as you said along with life insurance but I guess thats just one of those things they are not mentioning to tell the story they want to tell. Maybe we'll get some comment or something later on in the season saying that the remainider of his money is going towards funding the Arrow?

"Magic" folding bow you mean. For a show that so often grounds itself, it does occasionally go off the rails with the unbelievable. The speed at which Felicity supposedly started tracking those three people really threw me off.

Dig: "We need to find these 3 guys!"

Felicity: *turns around and rests her hands on a keyboard for half a second* "OMG IM TRYING OK"

Still, good ep :p

You could maybe explain away that speed by assuming that she has various hacks already set up and the probation service could make sense.

The fold away bow always bothered me in Smallville as well but its just one of those things to make the writers lives easier so they don't have to explain where he's hiding it every time.

The fold away bow always bothered me in Smallville as well but its just one of those things to make the writers lives easier so they don't have to explain where he's hiding it every time.

The thing is, his older folding (in a realistic way) bow would have fit in that bag.

Season 3 Episode 5

Ep itself, awesome, some great scenes for Felicity.

Ending cliffhanger......HOLY FRAKKING SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat dream of Roy's....WTF? Was it just a dream because he doesn't know what happened? Or is there still some of the Miracuru in his system causing him to "Blackout" maybe and he does stuff he can't remember (except in his dreams) or has someone brainwashed him? Merlin?

Edited by Mokong

That was indeed awesome. Actually, this episode had a lot of laughs, way more than usual.

How could the police just let Ted go?? They had SO much evidence to hold him, they would never just let him go.

I did like that they called Roy "Arsenal". Good stuff.

Also, spoiler for future episode:

MV5BMTU2MTE0NDk1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY4NjE0MzE@._V1__SX1170_SY700_.jpg

That wig just looks aweful.

That was indeed awesome. Actually, this episode had a lot of laughs, way more than usual.

How could the police just let Ted go?? They had SO much evidence to hold him, they would never just let him go.

I did like that they called Roy "Arsenal". Good stuff.

Laurel mention that if the DEA didn't press charges they would have to let him go. She then mentioned at the end something about statutes of limitations.

I've started watching the Flash and there seems to be a lot of crossover. Is this show worth watching?

Arrow is fantastic. It does get off to a slow start in season one but it really picks up and then season two happens which was amazing. Season 3 has been good but hasn't quite reached the level of season 2 yet but its early days.

There will also be Flash/Arrow episodes so you'll probably have to watch an episode of Arrow any way.

a friend of mine mentioned something that has began to bug me

Oliver as the Arrow wears a mask

Sara as the Canary wears a mask

Roy as Arsehole wears a mask

Merlin wears a mask

Nissa Wears a mask

Lorel will wear a mask

oh hey diggle come on this mission, don't be seen, but don't wear a mask........

if he gets seen as Oliver's body guard its a short leap to identities isn't it?

he really needs to do something, especially now i've noticed this, its going to do my head in, he's hardly super spy who will never be seen

Daaaaaamn son. Now that was a mighty fine mid season finale.

Ra's fucking destroyed GA.

I wonder how they'll continue from here. I mean, there is no way that he is actually dead (see how Ra's missed the heart?) but he must be near dead - clinging to a rock somewhere halfway down the mountain? Saved by Ra's daughter or the Chinese guy from the past?

If he is indeed dead, could the Lazarus Pit come into play?

I would perhaps like it if the others believed him dead and tried to carry on for some time.

Next ep is 21st January. :/

But just bought Season 2 on blu-ray for about £13.

Edited by MindFreak

I was a bit disappointed in the cop out with Thea killing Sara but not remembering. I would love to have seen Thea go full on villain this season.

If he is indeed dead, could the Lazarus Pit come into play?

Given that Ra's mentioned it had been 65 years since he was last challenged and he looks nothing close to that age I'd say he and the league definately have a Lazarus Pit.

My guess is Ra's will find Olivers body and revive him himself. I bet Ra's does not believe Oliver killed Sara but was unable to deny the challenge Oliver made. This is why Ra's so obviously missed the heart also. A master assassin like him would never miss a one hit kill blow by so much.

I'd say it was all a show of strength to show Oliver how out matched he is, "kills" Oliver then revives him and gets Oliver to reveal the truth that Merlin set him and Thea up

Given that Ra's mentioned it had been 65 years since he was last challenged and he looks nothing close to that age I'd say he and the league definately have a Lazarus Pit.

My guess is Ra's will find Olivers body and revive him himself. I bet Ra's does not believe Oliver killed Sara but was unable to deny the challenge Oliver made. This is why Ra's so obviously missed the heart also. A master assassin like him would never miss a one hit kill blow by so much.

I'd say it was all a show of strength to show Oliver how out matched he is, "kills" Oliver then revives him and gets Oliver to reveal the truth that Merlin set him and Thea up

Yes, I also noted that about the age. It was a nice, subtle comment.

That's a good theory. Then the League could perhaps give Oliver some training, making him unable to go back to Starling for a while so the others there may come in focus. Specially since

Laurel puts on the BC-costume next ep!

I would like them to do it this way, also to give Roy some more field training and tactical insight.

I was really impressed with the look of that last episode. They didn't need to go with a new, unique setting but they did and it looked outstanding. Although it was slightly let down by

The CG of the stabbing. Which is dumb because that has been done so easily with prosthetics for years.

Love that Ra's has no scars compared to Ollie, and the way he started with that smash to the face. He just seemed so unbeatable, in an awesome way.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the whole Thea/mind-control thing.I think I'd like to see Arrow's family removed from the equation a bit more, so he can be more of a Superhero and less "I'll do anything for my Sister".

But just bought Season 2 on blu-ray for about £13.

Thanks for saying where :blank:

Thanks for saying where :blank:

Sorry, it was on a Danish site so you couldn't take advantage of it anyway.

Sorry, it was on a Danish site so you couldn't take advantage of it anyway.

Yeah, taking advantage of the Danes is more Flink's thing.

Yeah, taking advantage of the Danes is more Flink's thing.

Brb, taking advantage of @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane.

We've started watching this again from the beginning. By we, I mean the Belgian, not the Dane. We only saw four episodes anyway, so we thought we'd start from fresh and continue with it. It's improving with every episode and I'm enjoying it.