NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

Im so glad they killed off Count Vertigo, I couldnt stand that actor. I figured we'd probably find out Malcolm was still alive at some point but im surprised at the Thea reveal....suprised and a bit disappointed. It feels a bit too soap opera-y for me.

Because comics aren't massive soap operas?

Ollie just found out he has a half sister in the comics.

OMGAAAAAAAAAAAWD episode 8 was awesome. I never thought when I started watching this in season 1 it would become one of my favourite current TV shows.

So episode 8....

I was very excited to get our first look at Barry Allen..... but not long after his first scene all I could think of was "GET AWAY FROM FELICITY NOW" :mad::D

Oh and Slade had damned well better not be dead! I'm still hoping he'll appear in the "present" to team up with Oliver at some point!

Edited by Mokong

So episode 8....

I was very excited to get our first look at Barry Allen..... but not long after his first scene all I could think of was "GET AWAY FROM FELICITY NOW" :mad::D

Oh and Slade had damned well better not be dead! I'm still hoping he'll appear in the "present" to team up with Oliver at some point!

Yeah, I was thinking that too. :D

On the other part, I believe Slade is the one Oliver refers to when he kept mentioning how he'd defeated some with superstrength previously.

Absolutely fucking loved this episode. Moira's little 'fuck you', oh-yes-I-did-call-him, was awesome. Loved Barry Allen, too. The little nods, like the flash of lightning when he was sorting out the chemicals and him talking about his mother being murdered by, I presume, Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash. All awesome.

Can't believe how good this has become.

So episode 8....

Slade is Deathstroke, a major DC villain, there's no way they're killing him off in flashback-land, least of all before he actually becomes a villain :p On the other hand, the likelyhood of him teaming up with a present-day Green Arrow is looking a little thin.

I love what they're doing this season with the particle accelerator, this episode was I think the first one where anyone actually said anything about it directly (everything else has been on TV, magazines etc).

I thought Slade would the guy that Oliver mentioned "I killed them all before... the last one I burned.

I liked the episode but didnt care for Barry Allen at all. Its not left me hopeful for his own show.

EP9....holy mother of midseason revelations!!!!!!!!!

Shocked to see Shado die, while I never expected her to get off the island, thought she would last longer. Was expecting Slade to appear last second and save the day.

Speaking of Slade....OMG OMG OMG. For the whole ep I actually did think he was dead, but they when Roy survived the Miraku I was like "oh so Roy can survive it but Slade can't???" then it shows he did survive and of course we had that reveal of who Blood is working for and how he got the Miraku!!!!

OMG Slade is gone bad guy!!! NOOOOOOO :cry:

Guess this means that he is the super human Oliver said he "killed" on the island. Obviously Slade must end up finding out that Oliver inadvertidly caused Shado's death and is now out for Revenge. Man I hate it when friends become enemies :(

Wonder if Cyrus survives too and becomes Solomon Grundy later? Originally I didn't recognise the name Cyrus and thought with the strength and the mask he was this shows Bane.

I also didn't know till recently that Blood is a character in his own right from DC, I thought with the mask he was Scarecrow but they just changed his real name so it wasn't so obvious when they first introduced Blood.

Though the mask could still be used by Scarecrow I think, Slade did say "that mask of yours could be worn by someone else" so never know.

Also Roy is gonna have Superpowers now???? He didn't have powers in the comics did he? I assumed he was just like Red Arrow? Just tons of training and stuff?

Oh and of course Barry getting his powers was cool... shame we won't see him using them in this show now that they plan to just jump him right into his own show.

So January 15th....*waits*

I thought Barry Allen seemed a lot better in this episode which was definitely a plus. His origin at the end was pretty well done also.

Nice to see the domino mask finally coming in. I'd seen photos about a month ago but didnt realise it would be Barry who gave it to him.

Surprised to see Lance's partner die. Well surprised as in I figured we would end up finding out he was the mole from the season one episode where Laurel got kidnapped but it was pretty obvious he was going to die as soon as he started talking about Christmas shopping.

Im glad we are finally seeing Slade off island. Im sure most of us knew it was coming at some point but a more personal vendetta for Oliver to deal with should be cool.

It was awesome to see Tommy back as well, even if it was a hallucination. I miss him on the show.

Amazing.

When Roy, Speedy and leather girl were together, did anyone else think Teen Titans?

I love Barry. He's often felt like DC's Spider-Man to me. Can't wait to see the scarlet speedster up and running.

Holy shit. Slade was so kick-ass when he came back and took out those guys. Really wanted it to go hyper violent and have him slice guys in two with his sword.

Amazing episode. Awesome television. Loved every minute especially the ending, with the possible exception of some dodgy explosion CGI :p (in the fight scene)

Shocked to see Shado die, while I never expected her to get off the island, thought she would last longer. Was expecting Slade to appear last second and save the day.

Speaking of Slade....OMG OMG OMG. For the whole ep I actually did think he was dead, but they when Roy survived the Miraku I was like "oh so Roy can survive it but Slade can't???" then it shows he did survive and of course we had that reveal of who Blood is working for and how he got the Miraku!!!!

OMG Slade is gone bad guy!!! NOOOOOOO :cry:

Guess this means that he is the super human Oliver said he "killed" on the island. Obviously Slade must end up finding out that Oliver inadvertidly caused Shado's death and is now out for Revenge. Man I hate it when friends become enemies :(

Wonder if Cyrus survives too and becomes Solomon Grundy later? Originally I didn't recognise the name Cyrus and thought with the strength and the mask he was this shows Bane.

I also didn't know till recently that Blood is a character in his own right from DC, I thought with the mask he was Scarecrow but they just changed his real name so it wasn't so obvious when they first introduced Blood.

Though the mask could still be used by Scarecrow I think, Slade did say "that mask of yours could be worn by someone else" so never know.

Also Roy is gonna have Superpowers now???? He didn't have powers in the comics did he? I assumed he was just like Red Arrow? Just tons of training and stuff?

Oh and of course Barry getting his powers was cool... shame we won't see him using them in this show now that they plan to just jump him right into his own show.

You really need to read my last response to you :p or at least you should know how significant Slade Wilson is.
Either he'll survive like you say and become Solomon Grundy, which seems possible given the attention they gave to his becoming disfigured in the fight, or that was just their way of representing Solomon Grundy in this universe.

I don't think the mask has anything to do with Scarecrow. For starters, it's not a scarecrow mask :heh: no straw or sack material, and it has teeth. It's probably made to look a bit like, and be used in a similar manner to, the scarecrow mask in Batman Begins just because that was so well received, but I think the similarities will stop there.

Amazing.

When Roy, Speedy and leather girl were together, did anyone else think Teen Titans?

I love Barry. He's often felt like DC's Spider-Man to me. Can't wait to see the scarlet speedster up and running.

Holy shit. Slade was so kick-ass when he came back and took out those guys. Really wanted it to go hyper violent and have him slice guys in two with his sword.

Why are you referring to Thea as Speedy? Roy Harper is Speedy...

Edited by Shorty

Amazing episode. Awesome television. Loved every minute especially the ending, with the possible exception of some dodgy explosion CGI :p (in the fight scene)

You really need to read my last response to you :p or at least you should know how significant Slade Wilson is.

oh yeah i know who Slade is but was still kinda hopin....

...he would survive to become Deathstroke but still be a good guy :p

Not the best episode of the season and a bit of a throwaway villain but it was still nice to get the show back. Watched the preview for next weeks episode though and that looks great!

Ahh I've been psyched for this week's ep and now you say that... maybe I'll wait a week and have a double-whammy :)

Just to be sure:

Sebastian is the Brother Blood-guy from some episodes back, right?

Otherwise, OK episode, had its moments but also had its non-moments.