NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

To be honest, you should be staying away from Kotaku and the entire Gawker network anyway. It's just a badly designed blog (I can't make heads or tails of their comment system) that posts any old rubbish, regardless of source.

Apparently Amell tweeted/mentioned that this week's episode is something of a turning point for the show, looking forward to it :) it would be nice if the character we saw at the end of the last ep starts to have a bit more of a presence soon, rather than just showing up for cliffhangers and dramatic poses all the time :p

The island/city ratio is flipped, so most of the episode takes place in flashbacks

I always thought there should be more from the island. There's been quite a bit this season, but it's been mainly relationship drama. Additionally, with flashbacks, you never really get into the story in itself, it's just back up for the current story. I'd like to see a 2 or 3 episode story contained within the island.

Watched the newest ep, ep 15

Bloody hell that was awesome, nice mix of action and tension, feels like we are getting into a hell of a run towards the season finale.

I expected the ep to start with Oliver arriving at his arrow cave to meet the gang going "Slade is still alive and he was at my house we are fucked"

Instead it stayed with Slade staying in the house, thought he'd just meet Oliver and then be "well I must be going, nice meeting you".

Was good to see Roy getting some training again, was annoying how after he learned bout Oliver he hasnt done anything in the two ep after that.

EDIT

Ah nuts just spotted they are taking a weeks break again....gggrrrr, hate when this happens!!!!

Ep 16 airs in US on March 19th

Just came across this trailer for ep 16 which suggests the ep could be very epic!!!!!

I'll spoiler tag it just in case

Quick tease of a female character at 7 seconds in!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler tags always appreciated, I for one actively avoid previews/trailers of future eps.

I like your low expectations of how E15 would start :heh: Seems you understand the CW format well.

Finally watched that movie trailer thing and realised the lush wasn't in the most recent episode. Can't say I missed her.

Ugh. I'm just not going to come into this thread anymore until Season 2 has finished.

Dat is sexy. DC are knocking it out of the park when it comes to their TV shows.

At the start of the episode, we see a bit of a montage showing Oliver shooting some trees and training. He shoots at the first tree, and misses the bullseye by some way. The montage culminates with him shooting the first tree, and hitting the bullseye.

However when he hits the bullseye, there are no other holes in the tree. But if you go back to the start of the montage, when he misses the bullseye, there is the arrow hole in the bullseye. Which means he hit the centre, before he missed.

Ugh. I'm just not going to come into this thread anymore until Season 2 has finished.

Don't worry, my understanding is that Barry won't appear in season as Flash... originally he was meant to be in ep20 and that was to act as a partial backdoor pilot to his show but they scrapped that idea and are making a proper standalone The Flash pilot instead

I watched the first 5 episodes of this tonight and have enjoyed it. I'll keep watching this for sure!

After all the build-up of the "Suicide Squad"...that was rather lame.

Killing Shrapnel off-screen like that just seemed a bit odd, and the plan was utterly terrible, in particular the part involving the drone. Why does the drone need to be following a moving target? They can just lock on to Deadshot's location and everyone can leave. And why is the drone flying so low? And why do they say the drone would completely level the building when it causes a rather pitiful explosion on the road? And why are were they even considering destroying an extremely dangerous chemical weapon with a frigging missile, potentially spreading it across a large area?

Needless to say, the whole section from calling the drone strike was probably the worst part of the show so far.

On another subject, that was definitely Harley. And she was voiced by Tara Strong (the voice actress who played Harley in the Arkham games). Part of me thinks that that's the only glimpse we'll get of her. Changing the Joker origin of her would be too much of a change for a popular character, and having to explain her origins with Joker and Batman and then why she is in Starling City would take to long.

Then again, I suppose that they could include her and just not go into any of that stuff.

It wouldn't be that hard to explain her origins if they decided to include Harley in the show. They don't have to change anything, for all we know Bats has more than likely been around for a good while longer than Green Arrow in the Universe. Bats is after all the first costumed vigilante in the comics.

All they really need to do is reference Harley been the Jokers right hand girl. They could even have her talk about him on the show and even compare Ollie to Batman which could be a laugh.

GhLxgG1.jpg

That being said with the new Gotham show starting later in the year I don't think we'll get much in the way of Batman stuff on Arrow anymore.

tumblr_n3he5p2Aj81spf6fro1_400.jpg

Loved the last episode. It was a step above the usual quality. Shame there wasn't one this week, thought I'd saved up four!

@MindFreak, that comic panel is from the Injustice tie-in comic.

OH MY FRAKKING GODS

Damnit Roy has gone totally nuts, don't know if there's anyway back for him after that, even if they find a cure and bring him back to normal he'll likely be all emo and moody for what he has done and be unable to get over it.... not to mention he'll be a wanted man forever (though can't remember did the cops get a pic/video of his face? if not then maybe he might get away with it)

The flashback stuff with Oliver having gotten some random girl pregnant, not sure if there was any point to it but I'm sure it'll prolly come back around at some point to bite him in the ass.

And then the end...OH MY GOD, did not think they would actually do it...if anything I thought it might end before anything happened and then when the next ep started Diggle or Sarah or someone would come in and prevent Slade form killing anyone. Sad to see Moria die :( Liked her arch this season and finding out she knew Oliver was the Arrow and gave her approval was a nice moment.

Can't wait for next week to see what the aftermath will be. Surely Oliver will have to tell Thea he is the Arrow now to be able to explain why Slade has done this?

I don't know how they maintain such high quality in every episode. Awesome show.

Next weeks episode looks epic.

H.o.l.y... wow, great episode! Really looking forward to the next few episodes!

AAAAHHHHHH...

why couldn't that have been a double episode! NEEEEDDDD MOOORRREEE