NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

The reaction to her though across the net that ive read has been mostly negative. She doesnt have good chemistry with Ollie, her acting isnt great and neither have her stories been.

I would rather they stuck with a character so important to Green Arrow's history rather than just get rid of her so I hope theres some proper work done with her in the second season. Unfortunately though with the story they are setting up with her guilt over Tommy I'm already worried.

I don't think her acting's been that bad, but the character's role certainly hasn't been well utilised. I agree she needs to either take one big step backwards or one big step forwards, and it hadn't occurred to me that yeah, killing her off is probably not an option at this point, so making her more interesting might be the only choice. She can't just become another costumed hero any time soon though, I don't think.

Watched the finale the other day and forgot to post here.

TOMMY NNOOOO.... while the idea of him following his father in a Harry Osborn way woulod have been a bit cliche I would have prefered that to death :heh:

I was liking Tommy and now he's gone :(

Did like that there was a 2nd device too so we didn't get an all too happy ending.

Guess Oliver will keep being the Hood to make up for having failed the Glades.

Was getting worried they might kill Felicity too for a moment when the quake started...thank frak they didn't. :)

Interesting too that the flashback story with Fyers was wrapped up too. Wondering what kinda flashback season 2 will bring. The "lady in red shoes" will prolly be the new bad guy for the flashbacks....still got 4 years worth of flashbacks left to find out what happened to him on the island. I'm wondering too if Slade and Shado meet their end on the island before Oliver escaped or if they might appear in the "present day" at some point too

Watched the finale the other day and forgot to post here.

TOMMY NNOOOO.... while the idea of him following his father in a Harry Osborn way woulod have been a bit cliche I would have prefered that to death :heh:

I was liking Tommy and now he's gone :(

Did like that there was a 2nd device too so we didn't get an all too happy ending.

Guess Oliver will keep being the Hood to make up for having failed the Glades.

Was getting worried they might kill Felicity too for a moment when the quake started...thank frak they didn't. :)

Interesting too that the flashback story with Fyers was wrapped up too. Wondering what kinda flashback season 2 will bring. The "lady in red shoes" will prolly be the new bad guy for the flashbacks....still got 4 years worth of flashbacks left to find out what happened to him on the island. I'm wondering too if Slade and Shado meet their end on the island before Oliver escaped or if they might appear in the "present day" at some point too

Slade as been added as a regular cast member for season 2. I know that could just mean he'll appear in more flashback stuff but Deathstroke is too big of a character I think to be left to the Island.

The weird thing is that Yao Fei was confirmed to appear in season 2 as well. I wonder if that was just to try and keep the surprise of his death or something more. maybe we'll see the return of the magic herbs lol

Although I don't want it to happen straight away, I think Oliver needs to find himself alone sooner rather than later. So far his "5 years alone on an island" has already dropped drastically

:heh: I think they need to accelerate his growth a little too. He's waaay too far away from the person he becomes.

Yeah I agree that he needs to find himself alone soon but for now I'm happy with the way they have done it. I thought that they did a good job throughout the season showing Oliver slowly getting more skilled, making hard choices and becoming more principled. In the timeline of the show I think he has probably shown just enough growth for me. He seems a lot less spoilt but still whiney.

Theres also the fact that I dont want to lose Slade from the Island too soon, I like the dynamic they've set up between the two of them.

I could see it being a similar thing involving the lady in red, perhaps hunting them on the island, i could see shado dying potentially, but i suspect at some point they have a way to escape, but something goes wrong and someone needs to stay behind to ensure the others make it off, that being oliver, unless they betray him and leave him behind.

You're probably right @Shorty and Laurel won't become a super powered Black Canary, but i've always lived in hope that this universe is the same one man of steel take place in and the inevitable justice league movie will take place in, so i'm hoping super powers as such don't appear until after Man of Steel.

Meh maybe i'm wrong, but its because they are under utilizing Laurel in such a way thats lead me to believe that there must be more planned, otherwise why not have a generic family not the Lance family and thus not have the potential history etc there

Just been watching the first few episodes again. I forgot how annoying Thea was back then, getting pissy every time Oliver didn't want to talk about what happened on the island or how he got his scars. Probably one of the reasons the character has never managed to grow on me. She doesn't seem to have any good qualities.

Just been watching the first few episodes again. I forgot how annoying Thea was back then, getting pissy every time Oliver didn't want to talk about what happened on the island or how he got his scars. Probably one of the reasons the character has never managed to grow on me. She doesn't seem to have any good qualities.

She's hot.

She's hot.

Meh. I never really thought she was all that hot. Plus she still looks too young.

Meh. I never really thought she was all that hot. Plus she still looks too young.

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

I think she's hot. Although her voice is irritating. She seems to have the same irritating voice/accent as Detective Lance.

Either way, they need to do some serious work with that character and partnering her with dull Roy isn't it.

I think the whole Idea with Laurel becoming Black Canary is time. Would hardy make much sense if they're saying it took Oliver 5 years on a (mostly) deserted island to become who he is, yet Laurel becomes a bad ass in the space of a season.

I liked how it ended. Mostly. Now I want to read some Green Arrow. What should I read? I have considered Green Arrow: Year One but is that any good or is there something else / better?

I thought the finale episode was good, but it lacked those special closing scenes that make a good episode a good finale episode.

I liked how it ended. Mostly. Now I want to read some Green Arrow. What should I read? I have considered Green Arrow: Year One but is that any good or is there something else / better?

Green Arrow Year One is really good. Green Arrow: Quiver is another good one if you can find it but its also a bit weird as it covers him coming back to life after being dead for years. I havent read it but Im also told that Green Arrow Longbow Hunters is one of the best. I think its the book Fyers was first introduced to the comics.

That. Is. Awesome!

Is that Black Canary??

I was thinking same :D

Also on Summer Glau

I wonder is she the "woman in red shoes" from the end of Oli's Season 1 Flashbacks?

Also....lets hope that Summer Glau curse is just a myth and Arrow gets a few more seasons after 2 :heh:

EDIT

Oh and when at the end it says 10.9.13

I assume is that US dating and it mean Oct 9th?

Or is it our dating and it means 10th of Sep?

Oh and when at the end it says 10.9.13

I assume is that US dating and it mean Oct 9th?

Or is it our dating and it means 10th of Sep?

It must be American, so October 9th, sadly, but if it means less interruptions during the season, then fine!

It's October 9th according to Wiki, and I doubt it means fewer breaks in the season tbh :/

I'm going on holiday on the 14th so I might try and resist watching the pilot and then have several eps at once when I get home :D

Edit: I stayed away from the trailer but a bit annoyed that io9 basically reported the main thing as a headline.

Edited by Shorty

Is this good? I like that the entire marketing scheme is just 'topless ripped men'. You couldn't read a DC comic this year without seeing full-page spreads of Stephen Ammel (?) topless.

Mm.

And now I see the second season promo is topless themed again, only with MORE men. Mm.

It's not exactly right up there with the peak of quality television but I think it's surprisingly decent. It doesn't devolve into singular wrapped up stories too often or try to push its over-arching story constantly into the background.

A couple of characters and plot devices in the first few episodes were a bit annoying but they seemed to sort that out fast.

Also, quite refreshingly, I find that it doesn't constantly leave you asking "why would you do that??" and is occasionally quite unpredictable.

Maybe Smallville lowered my standards.

It's a satisfying watch that's committed to what it's doing. I look forward to seeing The Flash emerge from it.

Also, it's a show that has flashbacks that I don't hate. But then the Island has been a massive part of Ollie's origins for a while now, so that helps.